New MIUI Cleaner app issues

Brain Diable

Members
Dec 10, 2014
Hello everyone,
This is my first post here.

First of all, I'd like to thank all the community for the awesome job you're doing with MIUI roms and ports.

I'm an happy owner of a Xiaomi Mi2s since almost 2 years, and I recently upgraded to MIUI v6.

I've already searched the forum and found 2-3 people complaining about Cleaner app deleting their files (photos, videos, etc) even if not requested.

I'm writing this post because I have analyzed deeper the issue and I hope this will clarify something.

I noticed in the past months that my alarm ringtone kept disappearing, being replaced with the standard alarm (that ugly frighten beep): now, being an audiophile, I had set a long .flac file (Aphex Twin's Rhubarb) as alarm ringtone and so I've grown suspicious about the "Large Files" section of the Cleaner app, thinking that I accidentally agreed in deleting the song (it was on top of the list).

Then, being more cautious, I decided not to run the cleaner again to see if the song (or else) would disappear. And it did!

Long story short, I discovered that Cleaner app will delete top-of-the-list large files by his will when upgrading apps from Play Store to "make space" for temporary installation packages.

The whilelist option is useless if I can't select files by type e.g. no photos, no videos and no audio (I can't select over 900 songs manually).

Unfortunately I haven't been able to determine the "size limit" that triggers the autocleanup, I have now over 400mb of empty space for apps (internal) and my largest file is a 18mb song (I have passed from 952 songs to 864, deleted in various experiments).

Now, can you fix this? Either preventing the auto-cleaning, adding a filetype whitelist or blocking the download of installation packages if there's not enough space? I prefer choosing what files I want to get rid of.

Thank you so much in advance for the support.

Keep going with the awesome work!

[AL]