Miui Eu Rom For Redmi 4 Pro?

Vulcanx

Members
Nov 17, 2016
Good day,

I am new to the forum so please excuse me if I am making an error.

I would like to load another ROM on my Redmi 4 Prime/Pro since the Chinese MIUI8 doesnt have native Google Play support and has loads of Chinese bloatware and apps.

Please let me know if the EU ROM works on this phone yet.

Thanks!

Fantastic, thank you for the reply!

I see that it says to load TWRP, however I dont see the Xiaomi Redmi 4 Pro listed? Also I have requested to have the bootloader unlocked from the website, this is correct hey?

Does anyone have some basic steps I can follow for the flashing? I really wouldnt like to make a mistake.

TWRP is mentioned in another thread in this forum. There are many threads covering unlock & all related problems, just use search.

Basically that's it: Unlock, TWRP, Flash EU ROM (and optionally SuperSU and xposed).

After a very long way into TWRP (from vendors rom to official CN developer TWRP shows a
"Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
Error installing zip file ...."
Anybody ready to help?

i got the same error... i wrote other thread cause didnt saw this before, i wrote on roms forum too and an user told we are trying to flash the wrong rom...

i tried to flash the MARKW rom and he said i shoud flash the PRADA one... i really dont know i'm confused now

I will try to switch over to CN stable rom (by fastboot) first without root and then try it again. Even flash to CN stable via TWRP failed with same error 7.

the problem is in TWRP... not in xiaomi.eu roms. so at the moment we are blocked on the original rom.... at least i wanted to put the global version instead of china, but i dont find it on official site

It seems that the unofficial recovery (yes, cofface's recovery is still an unofficial recovery) can't recognize correctly the model of the phone, so when it does the check to see if the rom that you're installing and the phone are the same you get the message Error 7 this rom is markw this phone is " " and the installation fails.

FIX:
you can just remove from the rom the check, that's a really dangerous tweak cause it basically allows you to install a rom that's not made for your phone, but in this case who cares.

Using winrar enter in the rom,
META-INF - com - google - android
and open USING NOTEPAD ONLY the file updater-script

Remove the first line

getprop("ro.product.device") == "markw" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "markw" || abort("This package is for \"markw\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");

The script must begin with:
ui_print("Target: bla bla bla bla

Enjoy!

Attachments

• 15170917_10211493460435305_5072988892366408881_n.jpg
    15170917_10211493460435305_5072988892366408881_n.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 864
Thanks a lot! I will try that also! Already saw something like this during my search for Error 7, but for another phone. But this sounds logical. Thank you again!

It seems that the unofficial recovery (yes, cofface's recovery is still an unofficial recovery) can't recognize correctly the model of the phone, so when it does the check to see if the rom that you're installing and the phone are the same you get the message Error 7 this rom is markw this phone is " " and the installation fails.

FIX:
you can just remove from the rom the check, that's a really dangerous tweak cause it basically allows you to install a rom that's not made for your phone, but in this case who cares.

Remove the first line

getprop("ro.product.device") == "markw" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "markw" || abort("This package is for \"markw\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");

Enjoy!

Daniele, thank you again. The EU-rom is installed :)
Now I am facing some problems with the Google services, the stop, start, stop etc.
But I will wait for newer rom and TWRP, now. Approx. 20 hours to get this phone running are enough for now. I am little bit fed up. Luckywise I need it running only on christmas :)

Edit: Solved by reflashing the rom with full wipe.

Last edited:

FIX:

Remove the first line

Enjoy!

Doesnt work here. In the TWRP when i try to flash the modify rom appear an error saying: "Could not find "META-INF/com/google/android/update binary in the zip file" ... :/

I guess you have changed the name to... txt or used a wrong program (only notepad doesn't change the formatting.

for me work.. already using three days eu rom. you need to remove line. but i remove without unpacking zip. just open in winrar and then delete it. dont know if i am allowed to upload somwhere and give you link

Reactions: josito801
Ok so status update. I got my bootloader unlocked. I will wait for an Official Recovery to be submitted. Dont want to be having errors and changing lines of code if I dont have to.

**Note** : If you are getting a verification failed at 50% while trying to unlock. Go into Device Manager, Uninstall the Driver for the phone, and let it reinstall a Default Android Driver and you should be good to go!

Im glad you guys sorted it out, I cannot wait to use something with normal Google Services and all the Chinese stuff removed :)

FIX:

Remove the first line

Enjoy!

Hi Daniele,
I'm new in the forum...I just received the redmi4 pro now, i would love to flash an international rom...can u help me?

Hi Daniele,
I'm new in the forum...I just received the redmi4 pro now, i would love to flash an international rom...can u help me?

Hi Massy6,
here you can find the basic steps for installing the EU rom:

0. Install the correct drivers (ADB, MiFlash/MiPcSuite, Qualcomm,..)
1. Request unlock permissions
2. Flash china dev
3. Unlock with MiUnlock Tool
4. Flash TWRP with fastboot and ADB
5. Put the rom in to the phone and from TWRP flash it
6. Start the phone and enjoy the MIUI by Xiaomi.eu

If you need help ask about your doubt and we can help you!

What have I done..... I bought device and I need to ask for permission...and wait few days ? Is there another way of flashing with heaving feeling that I am the owner ?

What have I done..... I bought device and I need to ask for permission...and wait few days ? Is there another way of flashing with heaving feeling that I am the owner ?
Are you serious?
yeah, we all have to ask permission to unlock the device to install an unofficial ROM (i think you can try to unlock it from fastboot without asking, but i heard that there are some problems instead using the official unlocking tool gave by Xiaomi)

You can always flash OFFICIAL Roms like (China and Global) directly without unlocking the device, but for the EU rom, we need unlock

Are you serious?
yeah, we all have to ask permission to unlock the device to install an unofficial ROM (i think you can try to unlock it from fastboot without asking, but i heard that there are some problems instead using the official unlocking tool gave by Xiaomi)

Thank you for you suggestion.

Last edited:
Hi Massy6,
here you can find the basic steps for installing the EU rom:

0. Install the correct drivers (ADB, MiFlash/MiPcSuite, Qualcomm,..)
1. Request unlock permissions
2. Flash china dev
3. Unlock with MiUnlock Tool
4. Flash TWRP with fastboot and ADB
5. Put the rom in to the phone and from TWRP flash it
6. Start the phone and enjoy the MIUI by Xiaomi.eu

If you need help ask about your doubt and we can help you!
Thank you for your help, I've same question:
1. After install twrp recovery before install miui.eu I've read some guide that say don't make a wipe system but only a wipe data. Can you tell me why?
2. In miui.eu rom there are also eventually radio or modem updates as in original xiaomi updates?
Thank you so much