Miui Eu Rom For Redmi 4 Pro?

Thank you for your help, I've same question:
1. After install twrp recovery before install miui.eu I've read some guide that say don't make a wipe system but only a wipe data. Can you tell me why?
2. In miui.eu rom there are also eventually radio or modem updates as in original xiaomi updates?
Thank you so much

Hi,

1. I don't know who said that thing and why.. From the China dev and in the TWRP I made a wipe of system, data (I haven't nothing on the phone) and cache and dalvik! If you do not wipe system it may creates problems from an original rom to an unofficial rom.

2. Xiaomi EU it's the same original China rom, only with some improvements and optimization and obviously more language "officially". So I'm not 100% sure about that but if there are any updates in the china we will find them in the EU, if they are helpful for europe. Take a look on the log (list of update) of the released rom to verify the thing you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: framir
Today I flashed the new TWRP and the new EU-rom. Everything fine without any problems. Only waiting on a stable EU-rom now. Thanks to everybody involved in all this.

Reactions: Manoj.Rollo
Hello,
Yesterday I flashed xiaomi.eu_multi_HM4Pro_6.11.17_v8-6.0 for my Redmi 4 PRO/PRIME. Everything seems to work fine, except the weather app. It won`t locate my position. Is there any chance to fix this bug? I already have ROOT permissions.

Hi Massy6,
here you can find the basic steps for installing the EU rom:

0. Install the correct drivers (ADB, MiFlash/MiPcSuite, Qualcomm,..)
1. Request unlock permissions
2. Flash china dev
3. Unlock with MiUnlock Tool
4. Flash TWRP with fastboot and ADB
5. Put the rom in to the phone and from TWRP flash it
6. Start the phone and enjoy the MIUI by Xiaomi.eu

If you need help ask about your doubt and we can help you!

Ok but I didnt load the China Dev ROM and it unlocked successfully. Does that mean I can go ahead and still flash TWRP etc?

Thanks!

Hello,
Yesterday I flashed xiaomi.eu_multi_HM4Pro_6.11.17_v8-6.0 for my Redmi 4 PRO/PRIME. Everything seems to work fine, except the weather app. It won`t locate my position. Is there any chance to fix this bug? I already have ROOT permissions.

Give it a reboot or two, it will work. Happened to mine too.

Ok but I didnt load the China Dev ROM and it unlocked successfully. Does that mean I can go ahead and still flash TWRP etc?

Thanks!

Put your phone in fastboot mode, open cmd on a folder with fastboot and type (without quotes) ''fastboot oem device-info''

If it says unlocked: true, your bootloader is unlocked successfully and you can go ahead and flash twrp and whatever you want

Reactions: Manoj.Rollo

Thanks!

As I know the device needs the China DEV for unlocking. Which rom do u have? What steps have u done?

Yeah its definitely unlocked. I just requested unlocking permissions, used the MiUnlock Tool and voila. This is the current status as from fastboot;

Re the ROM, I was pretty sure it wasnt Dev but hey, maybe it is :p

90741c252b.jpg

For all who are waiting for unlocking permission, you don't need to.
I bought my redmi 4 pro from geekbuying and it came with preinstalled google play and semi mutlilingual (fake) Miui global 8.0.5.0.0(MBECNDG)

I did this using linux and I didn't have a sim card.
Only software I used was flashtool.net which had adb and fastboot binarys.

As I still needed root, xposed etc so I tryed to unlock using fastboot method:
androidsage.com /2016/04/09/how-to-unlock-bootloader-on-redmi-note-3-with-and-without-permission-snapdragon

First enable developer options by clicking on miui version in about phone menu
Go to Systems & Device > Additional Settings > Developers options
allow oem unlock and usb debugging
connect to the computer and allow access
turn off the device
hold vol down + power - device reboots to fastboot
fastboot oem device-info
fastboot oem unlock-go
fastboot oem device-info < again, to check if its unlocked
restart the device

Redo the setup and use phone browser : supersu.com /download
get Recovery Flashable.zip

Now download twrp to the computer : en.miui.com /thread-412204-1-1.html
Follow the instructions how to install twrp.
Twrp started in chinese.
Settings menu is second up from the right and last tab is language.

Flash supersu

Last edited:
Wooooh sorted. The steps you guys sent were perfect! Everything went super smooth! No issues whatsoever. Running the Daily MIUI EU, and its amazing. The only thing that doesnt work properly is when I use a digital clock widget, it doesnt update the time correctly. Any advice for that?

Good morning all from portugal
Ive got a lot of doubts and read almost all stuff about this new universe of roms flash and so on.
Got a redmi 4 prime from honorbuy with that global 8.0.5.0.0 (fake).
For what i understand first thing to do is to go to dev china using that download option after (that thing power and volume up)

0. Install the correct drivers (ADB, MiFlash/MiPcSuite, Qualcomm,..)
- mipcsuite i know - but where to get the other drives?
1. Request unlock permissions
- by going ask web app unlock mi ok
2. Flash china dev
- which method to do it?
3. Unlock with MiUnlock Tool
- that will not be difficult
4. Flash TWRP with fastboot and ADB
- any guide of that?
5. Put the rom in to the phone and from TWRP flash it
- that must be transfer rom inside the phone open that twrp selected it and flash
6. Start the phone and enjoy the MIUI by Xiaomi.eu
- i want serious .... i want

The difficult part for me its the new world of this. Im like 10 years on anothers system ios, and for that can jailbreak anything and so on ... this new world i have to understand it first, but since im reading a lot of stuff and different opinions i cant figure out whats the right way of doing things. If anyone can have a little patient to explain this steps ill be very thankful.

Obrigado amigos :)

Last edited:
hi to all Guys!

tommorow i will have a brand new redmi4 pro! i want to install latest eu rom to translate it in italian. so i have some questions:

KENTAUR SAID

For all who are waiting for unlocking permission, you don't need to.
I bought my redmi 4 pro from geekbuying and it came with preinstalled google play and semi mutlilingual (fake) Miui global 8.0.5.0.0(MBECNDG)

I did this using linux and I didn't have a sim card.
Only software I used was flashtool.net which had adb and fastboot binarys.

As I still needed root, xposed etc so I tryed to unlock using fastboot method:
androidsage.com /2016/04/09/how-to-unlock-bootloader-on-redmi-note-3-with-and-without-permission-snapdragon

First enable developer options by clicking on miui version in about phone menu
Go to Systems & Device > Additional Settings > Developers options
allow oem unlock and usb debugging
connect to the computer and allow access
turn off the device
hold vol down + power - device reboots to fastboot
fastboot oem device-info
fastboot oem unlock-go
fastboot oem device-info < again, to check if its unlocked
restart the device

Redo the setup and use phone browser : supersu.com /download
get Recovery Flashable.zip

Now download twrp to the computer : en.miui.com /thread-412204-1-1.html
Follow the instructions how to install twrp.
Twrp started in chinese.
Settings menu is second up from the right and last tab is language.

Flash supersu

so

1) is it possible to unlock the phone without ask permission to xiaomi right?

2) is the right order to have the eu rom is ->flash DEVELOPER ROM ->unlock->flash twrp->flash eu rom

3) how can i flash developer rom?

4) which is the latest twrp? on the website where i bought the phone (grossoshop), they offer a modified twrp by BB72

thanks for your help and sorry for my bad english

1) is it possible to unlock the phone without ask permission to xiaomi right?
2) is the right order to have the eu rom is ->flash DEVELOPER ROM ->unlock->flash twrp->flash eu rom
3) how can i flash developer rom?
4) which is the latest twrp? on the website where i bought the phone (grossoshop), they offer a modified twrp by BB72
thanks for your help and sorry for my bad english

1. you can unlock, but it will lock again after you flash chinese dev / stable, unless you do some magic and don't flash aboot partition.
2. order is right, but you have to ask unlock permission from xiaomi
3. it's best to use edl mode and mi flash
4. [cofface]RedMi 4 Prime/Pro Twrp recovery,update 20161121

1) i dont' wont to flash chinese rom, but eu rom: is it different?
2)can i ask permission now without the phone?
3) can you explain me better how or give me some links?
4)thanks

1) i dont' wont to flash chinese rom, but eu rom: is it different?
2)can i ask permission now without the phone?
3) can you explain me better how or give me some links?
4)thanks

If I were you, I'd stay on shop rom, unlock and root it using fasboot oem unlock-go, at least you have multilang.
I'd wait when xiaomi gives you unlocking permission and maybe we have xiaomi.eu stable rom by then.
You can't flash .eu rom unless you unlocked the phone xiaomi way.

2. IMO you can't, your xiaomi accont needs to be linked to a device.
Later after you get the permission you should be able to unlock other xiaomi devices without asking again

Follow those steps:
- Download latest DEVELOPER CHINA from en.miui.com (choose right ROM for your device)
- Flash using Updater app
- After ugrade to developer china, go to Developer options -> enable OEM unlocking -> Unlock status and press the verify account button in this page to register your device/account will be unlocked
- Make sure your device logged in by your account and FIND DEVICE IS ON.
- Make sure your account has unlock confirmation form Xiaomi
- Turn off the device -> go to FAST BOOT mode -> connect into Pc/Laptop
- Open Xiaomi Unlock program -> login with your account -> unlock -> OK

EDL mode flashing example

kentaur i need italian language. the phone will be a present to my girlfriend. it must be in italian!
If you bought from Chinese reseller (I'm guessing you didn't buy it direct in China :)) then it will most likely come with a "shop" ROM. It is the Chinese ROM with GooglePlayStore and multilanguage sideloaded onto it.
So when you boot up, it will have Italian language. And Google. No problemo.

However, as this is not official ROM it will not receive updates.
At the moment there is no official International ROM and there is no info on when Xiaomi will release this official international ROM.
So unless you girlfriend knows Chinese or English, then she will have to wait for official International ROM release to get OTA updates.

The other option you have is to flash the "xiaomi.eu" ROM from this website and update by manually flashing it when necessary (make sure you follow the complicated instructions, you risk temporarily bricking the device).

You are in the same position as many people from EU who have bought this phone. I am waiting until the official international ROM is released until I flash my phone. My girlfriend will not understand flashing manual updates...

Hi pete, thank you for your answer!i bought it from GROSSOSHOP (shipped from china). in the same website there is a guide to flash the xiaomi.eu rom:
http://blog.grossoshop.net/markw-xiaomi-redmi-4-pro-rom-xiaomi-eu/
so i think that the "shop" rom doesn't have the italian language. because of that, they have a guide to flash the xiaomi.eu rom...

this phone is my present for her, so the important for me is that she can use it from 24 of december. so i think that i must flash xiaomi.eu rom.

when there will be international rom available, i will flash it. what do you think!?

looks like its stock rom from that store.
you must flash xiaomi.eu ROM then.
follow the guides in this forum.

Can someone tell me if i need to install another Ui this one is ok.

Attachments

• red4.jpg
    red4.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 409
Its a fake shop rom, you can flash xiaomi.eu if you want to or stay with that one, but you wont get any updates

Never used android or xiaomi before so i have no idea how to flash xiaomi.eu. Is there a detailed guide for dummies for flashing xiaomi?
Also can someone direct me to right files for Redmi 4 Prime to download.
Thanks

Last edited:
Yes, there is a guide. Its in this same forum... Its right on the top of the forum, just follow it.

got my xiaomi redmi 4 prime from geekbuying with global rom 8.0.5.0.
but i wanted more, so asked for unlocking. got the code within 3 days but stuck at 50 %.
so flashed with the method on youtube flash/unbrick redmi 4 prie 8.0.6.0 china stable rom:
managed to unlocked finally device.
afterwards flashed eu-rom 7.1.5.0 with the recovery image of cofface twrp from xda-developers and Superuser.zip

.... and everything works fine at once. Can't wait for Nougat!!!

Thank you Xiaomi eu