MIUI gingerbread improvements

gregory

Members
Mar 7, 2011
Just of curiosity. Has anyone noticed any speed improvements, great UI enhancements or anything great about MIUI gingerbread? Just curious to know if it was worth the hype or not. I have an incredible so I can't use it yet...

Sent from my HTC Incredible using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Yep I saw some of the new ui in screenshots that were posted in XDA
4lhjz5.png

as you can see they moved the buttons to the top (which is stupid!, dont like it personally)

Yeah I agree. I don't like that.

if thats it there is was not great deal of gingerbread ! but i would like the screnn off animation feature

Is the native Gingerbread copy/paste function there? (ie: hold down on text.. iphone/touchwiz style pointer move to copy/paste)

This is a random detailed question, but does gingerbread MIUI still have the iphone like kinetic scrolling lists or does it have the gingerbread end of list glow thing? I'm curious because to get the kinetic scrolling lists they had to hack some core android libraries. I wonder if they had to revert some of those changes in order to get gingerbread running.

This is a random detailed question, but does gingerbread MIUI still have the iphone like kinetic scrolling lists or does it have the gingerbread end of list glow thing? I'm curious because to get the kinetic scrolling lists they had to hack some core android libraries. I wonder if they had to revert some of those changes in order to get gingerbread running.

good question... the overscroll isnt a deal breaker but it's definitely a nicer feature than the glow thing that GB does. the screen off animation might be a fair trade off regardless

Here's another question...I'm about 99% sure the answer is no. Would a rom made for another HTC phone ever work for the incredible.

And if anyone has the knowledge, why not? Just curious to know what needs to be changes.

there are plenty of guides on how to port roms on here, check em out! it's usually just swapping a bunch a files around from previous ports.

Also, i thought the Incredible would be getting the new update because it is CM7 capable?

Its being ported but it is taking some extra time cause it is new. Be patient. Better to allow them time then it be buggy and useless. Incredible is being ported. Don't flash another phones rom or you could brick yours...

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Thanks Todd. I'm willing to wait, just curious to know if it was in the works or not.

Its being ported but it is taking some extra time cause it is new. Be patient. Better to allow them time then it be buggy and useless. Incredible is being ported. Don't flash another phones rom or you could brick yours...

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

thanks, that's what i figured. excited to have some gingerbread action anndddd MIUI

It has the Gingerbread end of list glow. It's still orange, which I really don't like. It's possible to change the color of the glow -- maybe to something that matches the overall MIUI theme.

Hope they find a way to fix it so it has the 'overflow' in the menus like MIUI normally has and Cyanogen includes an option for, instead of the glow.

The only thing I kinda like about that lockscreen is the slider that allows instant sound profile changes. But unlocking and changing it in the notification bar is just as easy.

Minuit mite change it next week because they said they will bring out the new UI with gingerbread

Sent from my HTC Desire using the miui-dev.com Forums App

it comes with the aosp lockscreen? ... that would suckkkkkk, i hate that lockscreen haha

The new CM7 "Lense" lockscreen is nice. It works like the MIUI lockscreen, but I prefer it because the MIUI slider is huuuuuuuge. I'd love a port of that.

Sent from Rapture using Telekinesis 3

Guys, i know i'm a bit ot but is Gingerbread for Desire and Nexus One going to be released this week?

Let's not forget that this is the very first attempt using gingerbread. Its new for everyone including the devs in China. Things like lockscreen and scroll are not technical problems, simply aesthetic things that will change over time. We just need to wait more than one build for changes. Just think what miui looked like last November and what it is now. Patience.

Sent from my Desire CDMA using Tapatalk