New MIUI is LESS smoother when accesibility is enabled by Battery Saver apps

len0v0

Members
Feb 20, 2018
When accessibility is enabled by some Battery Saver apps, MIUI is LESS smoother. Accessibility is need to be enabled for lock hardware keys when screen is dimmed.

When that accessibility (lock hardware keys) is disabled, miui is smooth again.

Tested apps:
PocketLock - Battery Saver for Pokemon GO
Screenshot_2018-07-23-17-28-49-324_com.android.settings.png
Battery Saver for Go - PRO
Screenshot_2018-07-23-17-28-45-445_com.android.settings.png

Last edited:
It's a bug in MIUI, not in the apps (all battery saver apps has the same bug?)

Last edited:
I assume that Battery Saver apps save battery by decreasing resource usage or CPU performance, which would definitely impact the device performance (in order to save battery). Even if that's not the case, we don't provide support for arbitrary third-party apps.

I assume that Battery Saver apps save battery by decreasing resource usage or CPU performance, which would definitely impact the device performance (in order to save battery). Even if that's not the case, we don't provide support for arbitrary third-party apps.
The apps that I mean, are only for dimming the screen AND lock hardware keys when screen is dimmed. But MIUI is less smoother only when you enable accessibility for lock hardware keys!

On AOSP everything is OK with those apps (PocketLock and Battery Saver for GO) even on older and slower phones (J5 2015).

The apps that I mean, are only for dimming the screen AND lock hardware keys when screen is dimmed. But MIUI is less smoother only when you enable accessibility for lock hardware keys!

On AOSP everything is OK with those apps (PocketLock and Battery Saver for GO) even on older and slower phones (J5 2015).
Well, we did not develop MIUI, we only fix and improve what we can, but issues like these should be reported on official MIUI forums.

Reactions: len0v0