In Progress MIUI Music - Can't go back to home screen when opened from widget

dontshakepandas

Members
Apr 13, 2012
I'm using MIUI 2.4.13 for the Samsung Galaxy S II.

When you open the music app from either of the widgets, it takes you to the now playing screen. However, there is no way to go back to select a new artist/album/song etc. When you press the back button from here, it just closes the app.

If you open the app from the icon, it takes you directly to the home screen where you can still see what is playing along with having options to change the music that you are listening to.

While this may be more of a refinement than a bug, I believe clicking on the widget should take you to the same screen that the icon takes you to, or at least have a way to get back to this screen.

I will copy your suggestion over into the bug tracker to see if they will look into this. I tend to agree with your suggestion and they should hopefully agree as well.

Thanks,
Mark

I confirm that it happens from both the widget and the notification. I got this many times and had to enter the app from the icon to get the start screen.

I think they should change the behaviour of this "In-app back button" as it doesn't follow the Official ICS navigation guidelines available here: http://developer.android.com/design/patterns/navigation.html. It seems only to be a shortcut to the back button at the moment. Clicking on it should not get the user out of the app.

Anyway, I think the change would make sense, because I did it a few times in a row instinctively, so I guess it's also what the user would expect.

I'm using MIUI 2.4.13 for the Samsung Galaxy S II.

When you open the music app from either of the widgets, it takes you to the now playing screen. However, there is no way to go back to select a new artist/album/song etc. When you press the back button from here, it just closes the app.

If you open the app from the icon, it takes you directly to the home screen where you can still see what is playing along with having options to change the music that you are listening to.

While this may be more of a refinement than a bug, I believe clicking on the widget should take you to the same screen that the icon takes you to, or at least have a way to get back to this screen.

Still happends on newest versions... :(