Changelog MIUI ROM 2.3.16 Changelog [ICS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkHUK

Site Founder
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
System

• New cross-screen lock function (horizontal screen, click on the notification bar shortcut switches the direction of locking)
  • Optimise media library scanning efficiency
  • Repair in some cases, the Task Manager panel, click "clean up" does not react
  • Repair problems with sensitivity when taking screenshots
  • Fix problem with migration of internal data to SD card displays incorrect transfer statistics

Phone

• Repair calls "my card" in the number leads to FC
  • Repair modifying the status bar string may result in the status bar showing duplicates
  • Fix some cases operators welcome dialog box contains no content issue
  • Repair some SIM cards will lose APN settings
  • Fix problem managing conference calls leads to FC

Contacts

• Support for Xiaomi account to import new contacts
  • Optimization of unknown contacts picture pop-up operation panel, add contacts and other items on the first page
  • Fix in some cases adding new contacts leads to FC

Messaging

• Fix MMS details displaying incorrect date of 1970

Lock screen, status bar, notification bar

• New V4 Lockscreen theme (See forum for English version miuiandroid.com/community/)
  • Optimize the use of the lock screen music control screen to allow automatically shutting down (Sleep mode)
  • Optimise Airplane mode notification, the upper left corner of the status bar will display the "Airplane mode"
  • Optimise the notification bar switch to use single-page mode by default
  • Repair horizontal screen lock may lead to some lock-screen display problems
  • Fix in some cases selecting Messages shortcut leads to hot boot restart
  • Repair when using torch, the lockscreen cannot be unlocked

Themes

• Fix in some cases, phone locks when applying theme mtz file

Camera

• Add MIUI the V4 camera release
  • New Settings pages
  • Action bar added to set colour effects
  • Optimisation to retain the camera functions panel in panoramic mode so you can easily switch back to the camera

Gallery
  • NEW MIUI V4 Gallery (if the camera FCs please clear the data in application management)
  • New SD card browser, entering folders containing a hidden folder, the correct folder numbers will be shown excluding hidden ones
  • New SD card browser, you can save folder sorting settings for each folder
  • The new SD card browser, you can properly set up a folder for favorites
  • New SD card browser, you can display the folder groups stats
  • New SD card browser, deleting folders updates correctly
  • Interface optimisation for selection of multiple items
  • Optimise ActionBar divided into upper and lower bars
  • Repair the home page, select crop photo causes FC
Music

• Added new Home menu for Exit and Refresh
  • New File filter tool tip information
  • Added music files added to the same directory with the same file name, lyrics and jpg covers will be automatically recognised
  • Fix to resolve album number displays an error (incorrect total)
  • Fix FC problems with Online music
  • Fix problem where songs play from the wrong starting position in some cases

File Manager

• Fix problem in low-resolution devices, in horizontal screen the information displayed is incomplete

will the +xx phone number bug where local and international phone number of one contact are not linked to the contact will ever be taken care off?
i dont understand how i am the only one concerned here, its a basic feature that should work!!
i feel like going back to GB just for that reason!

It is too bad you are ignoring the most annoying defect.
I'm talking about the country code prefix defect in calls/messages of course.
It's a major harm in the usability and thats the only thing which actually making me think about reversing to GB ..
It's really bad that i get a message and need to run several tests in order to find out who sent it !!

Reactions: tibs
It is too bad you are ignoring the most annoying defect.
I'm talking about the country code prefix defect in calls/messages of course.
It's a major harm in the usability and thats the only thing which actually making me think about reversing to GB ..
It's really bad that i get a message and need to run several tests in order to find out who sent it !!

im happy to see im not the only one concerned about this here
thats it, im going back to gingerbread

Anyone know when alphabetical sorting for folders will get released for ICS?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

I've got some problem.
Video playing does'n work well, it plays a .mkv video without sound, same problem with MX Video Player. Mobo play with sound but it very lag.

I've got some problem.
Video playing does'n work well, it plays a .mkv video without sound, same problem with MX Video Player. Mobo play with sound but it very lag.

Bug forum with this :p We can't follow all these reports when there spread among preview/release topics.

System

• nothing changed it's same as in 2.3.2 miui version

Lock screen, status bar, notification bar

• Same as in 2.3.2 miui version nothing changed.

Camera
  • Same as camera in 2.3.2 miui version

Gallery
  • Same as galery in 2.3.2 miui version...

Music

• Same as camera in 2.3.2 miui version
DID I DO SOMETHING WRONG OR WHAT ?
I checked and I got 2.3.16 miui version in about phone screen....

GB releases are EOL (End of Life) This will be the last week of release support for them at the moment. We will look at asking China for some support but dont hold too much hope. Focus is now on ICS and soon JellyBean.

New cross-screen lock function
New V4 Lockscreen theme
How can I see that changes?

Other bugs:
- When open Messaging from lock screen directly with pattern lock (from Access Control), I can't type anything with keyboard.
- Camera: I can't view the last taken photo with the thumbnail bottom left, tap it and nothing happens? It still displays the last photo thumbnail even this photo has been deleted. And if you restart Camera, it shows a black thumbnail instead.
- Why does it sometimes take about 3s to show lock screen since I press the power button?
- I cannot remove a contact from Favorites. Select "Remove from Favorites" and nothing changes.

ok, very stupid question maybe...
but what is the difference from this version here to the MIUI.com version....

Reactions: isaac1226
ok, very stupid question maybe...
but what is the difference from this version here to the MIUI.com version....

MIUI.com releases a Chinese ROM. This version holds many features that people outside of China cannot use, such as an online music sharing tool, a recommended list of TXTs to send (Which is all Chinese). A superMarket application (Sharing of apps) and a bunch of other tiny things. Also, not to mention the ROM is in pure Chinese.

We translate it all to English. Remove lots of "Chinese Only" features and apply a few tweaks to the ROM. We don't want to modify it a lot because our goal is to remain as clean as MIUI.com releases. Only change what is necessary. Its up the user to modify the build applying modifications and what not. Hope that helped.

Thank you soo much for your explanation, from now on, I will stick with your version.

thanks a bunch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.