MIUI ROM 2.8.24 Release [ICS & JB]

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems this weeks build was a majority of success. We have started our own testing before releasing roms to the public to route out and avoid as much disruption to end users, and also to avoid hotfixes. Seems this method has helped a lot judging by the feedback received.

Many thanks to the MIUI Community

Anybody is interested in that new free launcher? Where are that new themes and guide how to use it, when I watched that video I knew that this will be hottest thing! Nobody is asking about it.

Its cause there is no new info on this yet lol, but as soon as we get some details, you'll be the first to know here on MIUI Android :)

Somehow my backup got corrupt as well so flashing back didn't work.
full wiped, flashed .27 set pin lock, locked phone and it says wrong pin entered, re flashing again now, so don't set a pin lock on this version, you won't be able to get back in.

The same thing happened also to me.
I "downgraded" to .17, turned the PIN protection off, and then upgraded back to .24.

I thought it was just some kind of a hiccup during upgrade... but now I can read it's actually not... well, I guess I'm not setting a PIN lock to protect my phone now. :)

Did someone try to password protect the screen or maybe protect it with a pattern? I'm affraid to try any screen lock now... I don't want to stay locked out again. :)

Hey..

I have just one question, can you put smiley key back to keyboard while typing sms or mms? It's only present there on google talk...
In stock android it's there and I miss it here :)

Have fun

WHY!? MY GOD WHY !? Why, we have to wait whole week to get another update rom!? :( The best rom ever. Thank you.
PS: cant wait for jb for sgs2.

Mhh... is the gmail app removed in this version of the Mi-One+ Rom?
you can download it from Google Play Store, we'll re introduce it next week. Gmail got an update and we missed re-adding new one

did

is that for the mi-one ? if so did you rename the zip to update.zip ?
Is for galaxy s3,I tried a few times to flash but nothing,it's says something with build.prop and error status 7 installation aborted.

Is for galaxy s3,I tried a few times to flash but nothing,it's says something with build.prop and error status 7 installation aborted.
which zip are you using? miuiandroid_m0-2.8.24.zip?

Reactions: flopo
Yes,i tried to download and flash 3 times, the md5 checksum it's ok,wiped all but nothing.Also I tried first 2.8.17 wipe cache/dalvik and flash 2.8.24 ,same error.

Sorry about this noob question, but what is updated zip file?
What difference is there with the standard zip for the model?

I installed 2.8.24 w/ just wipe cache and dalvik on GNex. Everything works and no any issue. Thanks a lot to devs for this great room. :)
About battery life: On deep sleep %8 discharge in 12 hours with stock kernel. Is it normal?

So I noticed the new launcher was in this update, but to be honest I don't see any difference. Should I? Am I doing something wrong? I'm on a sensation XE and flashed this zip on top of the previous MIUIandroid release and wiped cache and dalvik afterwards, all trough 4ext.

Attachments

• IMG_20120825_130959.jpg
    IMG_20120825_130959.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 258
you're using Stock Recovery?!?!
Yes CWM 6 touch,now I have installed Rgui Miui V7 Beta witch is based on Miui 2.8.17 because I don't have Miui 2.8.17 and it's non longer available to download on miuiandroid.com.Also i canceled 2.8.17 on my sd card before flashed 2.8.24.

Yes CWM 6 touch,now I have installed Rgui Miui V7 Beta witch is based on Miui 2.8.17 because I don't have Miui 2.8.17 and it's non longer available to download on miuiandroid.com.Also i canceled 2.8.17 on my sd card before flashed 2.8.24.
U have to use CWM 5 ( not touch) :)

Reactions: flopo
this rom is working flawless for me :)
there are only a few cosmetic things...
- the default lockscreen and the app for setting the blacklist (etc.) are showing chinese characters
- my provider in the statusbar is wrong. it should be o2-de but it is shown as tchibo

my phone is the htc desire s and i'm using miuiandroid_saga-2.8.24.zip

edit:
the language pack solved the probs with chinese characters. only the network provider is still wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.