Not open for further replies.

MarkHUK

Site Founder
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
[System]
  • Fix "after", "half an hour", "hour ago" text problems
  • Fix boot vibration problems
  • Fix in some cases, when connected to the U (OTG) disk you cannot save / take screenshots
  • Fix full-screen mode is not able to see drop-down status bar
[Phone]
  • New view specific contacts (including unknown number) call records, each record shows the call number (if available)
  • Optimise anti-disturb call interception, the screen will no longer light up
  • Fix when using Bluetooth headsets, the call interface display shows unusual problems
  • Fix SIM card contact name using single quote "'" in name leads to FC errors
  • Fix T9 search, enter "*" leads to display errors
  • Fix in some cases, unknown number calls cannot be answered / rejected
  • Fix in some cases the incoming call does not show caller interface so call cannot be answered or rejected
  • Fix ringtone and vibration problems
  • Fix problem with call log not being able to store more than 500 records
[Contacts]
  • Fix avatar sync to google causes deformation / distortion of avatar(s)
  • Fix in some rare cases, individual contacts cannot be displayed
[Messaging]
  • Optimisation of MMS forwarding speed
  • Optimise viewing of SMS text messages, contact names or numbers which are too long will now scroll to show the full number
  • Fix long list of recipients in text box, text box text displays as white
  • Fix mass MMS sending state details
  • Fix SMS input box, the last line shows some display problems
[Lock screen, status bar and notification bar]
  • New Variety lock screen picture frame support system to allow use of different picture frames
  • Fix personalised custom lock screen style does not take effect after being applied
[Desktop]
  • Fix when deleting preset application and operation is canceled. The icon position displays with errors
  • Fix in some cases, open app folders flash repeatedly
[Themes]
  • Fix in some cases cannot display thumbnail wallpaper details page or Browse Pictures
  • Fix issue where U (OTG) disk is mistaken as SD card storage
[Camera]
  • New HDR mode progress bar details
  • Optimise panoramic photo height from 640 pixels to 1280 pixels
  • Fix restoration of default camera settings
  • Fix panoramic photos when saved cannot generate a thumbnail preview
[Gallery]
  • Add Gallery Home option, if no photos listed will give option to open camera
  • Added beginners guide to using MiCloud storage functions
  • Fix in some cases two or more duplicate albums are shown
  • Fix when using MiCloud albums in the albums library may lead to FC errors
  • Fix MiCloud picture albums when sending pictures, picture display size is shown incorrectly
  • Fix when clicking to see an enlarged view the more button has some issues
  • Fix when returning to gallery home screen from an Album page. The title text is overlapped
[Music Player]
  • Fix problems not being able to play .flac format files
  • Fix problem being unable to download music via online music interface
[File Explorer]
  • Fix, rename or create dialogue problems on the text box partial
  • Fix uncompressed files in the search results page and Favorites folder will lead to FC errors
  • Fix downloading from MiDrive, the file status prompt will display the wrong information
[Compass]
  • New automatic calibration function added
[Browser]
  • Repair close tab animation and tab management problems
[Sound Recorder]
  • Optimise the recording list display
  • Fix recording cannot be recovered from the status bar cue points to open the list of recordings when the play button is pressed
[Anti-disturb / DND]
  • New clear black / white list confirmation prompt messages
[Notes]
  • Optimisation of sharing notes compatibility and support for sharing in or to more applications
[Alarm Clock]
  • Optimisation when adding a world clock, selection of time zone instead you can select a city. Also added support for Chinese characters, Pinyin and English search
[Video Player]
  • Interface optimisation of network cache status
  • Fix pausing video playback will cause problems in some cases
  • Fix bottom of the menu is blank in portrait orientation mode

Love this changelog. Boot vibration bug, I think this fixed vibration going to off on boot? If yes then great!!
Fix sometimes can't reject and answer calls, this is what I love most :D
Fix avatar sync google problem, does this means Google contact pics displaying in small thumbnail is fixed?

I flashed miui for the first time (build 2.9.21) and i find that the lockscreen, widgets and sometimes other parts too run too slow.
Too much lag in comparison to other JB roms like Stock, CodeAndroid, ParanoidAndroid, AOKP.

Anyone else has this ?
Any suggestions?

I cleared settings, cache and dalvik cache before and after flashing the rom before first boot.

Reactions: Elite Guardian
I flashed miui for the first time (build 2.9.21) and i find that the lockscreen, widgets and sometimes other parts too run too slow.
Too much lag in comparison to other JB roms like Stock, CodeAndroid, ParanoidAndroid, AOKP.

Anyone else has this ?
Any suggestions?

I cleared settings, cache and dalvik cache before and after flashing the rom before first boot.

I even did a full wipe with 9.21 and it didn't help. #sgs2

Ok... So I'm not the only one :). No ways to improve it through settings ?
And in case someone would wanna know, that's all while using the stock theme, haven't even installed any other themes. (on Samsung Galaxy Nexus)

I hope this gets fixed, I really like the music app, lockscreen features and the overal look.

i have absolutly no lag.

try a diffrent kernel
or
in devolpers options => change window animation and transition animation to .5
or
change theme ( even thou it doesnt do muich about speed)

Which kernel would be most recommended for miui ?
Is there a way to change the cpu settings ? Miui.us roms have a toolbox etc, but I haven't found any info about this rom.

look on xda for a custom kernel for your phone , i have a evo 3D so cant say for your phone...

system tuner pro is the app am using , you can change govenour and minµ/max of your cpu, voltage and all.

so you need to read a bit what other users find a good kernel for the nexus, flash that one, wipe cache and dalvik, reboot, install system tuner and you can tune :D

I flashed the latest stable trinity kernel which I have used before on CodeAndroid rom and was very fluid, and installed the app.
I notice some improvement, but even if I change the governor to performance and it's on 1.2Ghz all the time, when i wiggle the lockscreen round button around, it's always a bit behind on my movement. ( -> stock JB launcher does not have this behavior)
Swiping away from a homescreen with a widget on it (i have the music player widget on it) also lags a bit...

Very strange...

I flashed the latest stable trinity kernel which I have used before on CodeAndroid rom and was very fluid, and installed the app.
I notice some improvement, but even if I change the governor to performance and it's on 1.2Ghz all the time, when i wiggle the lockscreen round button around, it's always a bit behind on my movement. ( -> stock JB launcher does not have this behavior)
Swiping away from a homescreen with a widget on it (i have the music player widget on it) also lags a bit...

Very strange...

dont put it on performence, if the cpu constantly needs to be on max it will lag for sure, do you have intellidemand by any change on your kernel? also in cpu settings, boot settings , force both cpu's online and reboot , see what happens. try a diffrent theme also.
if i could read chinese i would way wich one i have :D theme say ###V4 (#= chinese) it hase a white cloud with a sun on the lockscreen.

maybe try those things and see what happens. i can only tell what is best for my phone... :S

I found the theme.. tried some other ones even, but no good :s
Intellidemand is not on here. On CodeAndroid I used smartassVII mostly, but now it's mostly standard options i think.

guess i could try another kernel.. lean or franco ..

Mark, please any question : Why does not the landscape mode for writing sms..Thank you

dont put it on performence, if the cpu constantly needs to be on max it will lag for sure, do you have intellidemand by any change on your kernel? also in cpu settings, boot settings , force both cpu's online and reboot , see what happens. try a diffrent theme also.
if i could read chinese i would way wich one i have :D theme say ###V4 (#= chinese) it hase a white cloud with a sun on the lockscreen.

maybe try those things and see what happens. i can only tell what is best for my phone... :S

I've now tried Franco's latest nightly kernel and it's probably the best yet, certainly an improvement but not perfect.
Same issues still exist more or less.
Maybe the new build will help :)

I've now tried Franco's latest nightly kernel and it's probably the best yet, certainly an improvement but not perfect.

I have your problems with my Galaxy Nexus. I mean that the ROM is a little slow (not the apps). I'm trying franco kernel but it's only two days i'm using it. I'll let you know ;)

I think franco kernel(nightly) best for the Gnex.You must install Franco's Kernel Updater app,there are a lot of options,you can try.

Gnex rom sucks, it has always sucked. Ask pele to tell you about his hatred of the Gnex port.

New build didn't change anything performance wise for me ..
I read up on the gnex port across the net, and indeed it's alot of the same complaints.

It's not unworkable though, but I guess I'll eventually change to another rom.

Status
Not open for further replies.