MIUI System App updates on stable Rom?

kogar

Members
Mar 26, 2021
I read that it is not recommended and possible to try to update miui system apps with the original miui apps. (Phone, Contacts, Camera, Themes, Wallpaper and similar)

For weekly roms that is no problem since they get updated together with the rom.
But what about stable roms that only get updated after a few months or maybe even never? Is there some other way possible to get the newest bugfixes and feature updates of system apps? Can you release the system apps seperately on this site so that it is possible to get bugfixes and updates of the system apps on stable systems too?

Reactions: Poney70
Is there some other way possible to get the newest bugfixes and feature updates of system apps?
Not easily. You'll need to have root and to know how to make your own Magisk modules that replace apps with newer versions from our Weekly ROMs. I wouldn't advise messing with that.

Can you release the system apps seperately on this site so that it is possible to get bugfixes and updates of the system apps on stable systems too?
No, it doesn't work that way. Modified apps can't be installed like regular APKs.

What a pity. Weekly seems easier to manage than learning how to root and create magisk modules.
Hopefully there will not be any bugfix or feature update of system apps that i'll miss on stable line.

Personally don't want to flash a "new" rom every week. From what i heard weekly is mostly stable, but could have many potential changes that could create instablilities and incompatibilites. Reason why i decided on the stable line.

How about updating the stable line monthly or half yearly with updated system apps? For example with an additionally bugfix version number scheme Instead of (Redmi K20) 12.1.2.0 to something like 12.1.2.0.X?

Just to see what i could update from miui i installed getapps(17.2.1) (before i researched more about updating system apps). It did update themes to "1.6.4.11-global". The other system apps still haven't got any updates. For now i am not seeing any error, but after researching i'll try to refrain from updating system apps. Don't want to loose additional functionalities from xiaomi.eu

How about updating the stable line monthly or half yearly with updated system apps?
Nope. "Stable" and "Old" are almost interchangeable. We don't have the time to do that, and rereleasing the same version will cause confusion.

For example with an additionally bugfix version number scheme Instead of (Redmi K20) 12.1.2.0 to something like 12.1.2.0.X?
We don't touch the ROM version.

rereleasing the same version will cause confusion.
Also true.

Alright, for now i'll simply run on stable/old until i'm missing something or reading of some new must have feature in the weekly version or in the updated system apps