Miui8, 6.6.23 Feedback, Coming From 6.6.18

Chilling_Silence

MIUI Android Staff
Dec 15, 2010
Hi all,

Flashed 6.6.23, first thing that I noticed is the bundled TWRP isn't in English.
I figured it got to the end of it but then I have two buttons and a "swipe" screen and I'm not sure what they do because it's not English.

Secondly, the home button "tap" (Rather than a full press) is now fixed and working splendidly 100% of the time now! It's fantastic.

I'm still getting weird crashes in the Google Photos app though. I've tried clearing the app data completely and starting it up again, with no joy. Is anybody else having issues with Google Photos?
Hangouts also does it for me but a lot more rarely than Google Photos, which seems to do it almost every time I fire it up after ~10 seconds.

Also, the translations for when you're on a call and connected via Bluetooth are slightly misleading. The one that says "Hands Free" is actually the ear-piece (And if you're hold it up to your ear, it's hardly hands-free).
I'll make another test call later and confirm specifics. I believe it was this way in 6.6.18 too.

Confirmed it's labelled wrong. The middle one is the ear-piece, not Hands Free.
Options should be:
Bluetooth
Ear-piece
Speakerphone (Hands Free)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-28-08-31-23-316_com.android.incallui.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-28-08-31-23-316_com.android.incallui.png
    104.9 KB · Views: 267
I've also noticed that the accelerometer (And possibly compass?) goes completely freaking bonkers at times.

What I see mostly is that the camera won't auto-rotate, so you'll hold it in landscape but it won't actually rotate the camera icon to show it being in landscape, so your photos / video end up in portrait mode.
A restart fixes it immediately. Happening on the Mi5 official-chinese MIUI7 ROM for a friend of mine, and we just upgraded him to 6.6.23 as well so it's not just a Xioami.eu specific issue

Anyways I know it's the accelerometer because I've been playing Pokemon Go and can see the "player" on the map spinning around like crazy, and sometimes the screen turns blank which indicates that it's being tilted upside-down.
Downloaded a gyro / accelerometer test app and it confirms that it's going absolutely crazy.

Is there any way that I can get more information about this, additional logs, that might help resolve this issue? The camera not rotating is the most frustrating part...

and the problem with notifications that has a black theme continues...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-20-19-52-53-152_lockscreen.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-20-19-52-53-152_lockscreen.png
    183.4 KB · Views: 318
I have the same problem with sensors. I had MIUI global stable v7.5.2.0, after playing PokemonGo for a while, gyroscope and accelerometer stops working, i saw with the native tests app. Now i'm on global stable v8.0.2.0 and the problem is still there. After a while playing pokemonGo these sensors stops, it's just SO freaking frustating. Sometimes after a while, the sensors stop even if i'm not playing this game, idk what to do anymore.

I began to thinks thats maybe its hardware issue, it can't be possible.