Miui8 China & Google Play

Papou

Members
Jan 17, 2017
I'm never quite so stupid as when I am trying to be clever!!!

I have a Mi4c bought from Gearbest. Saw MIUI 8 and thought "that looks nice".

Flashed the ROM without issue. BUT I should have paid more attention. It is not a global rom and I have lots of Chinese stuff plus Google Play no longer works.

Can anyone help get me out of this mess?

I recommend last weekly, 6.12.22. Last stable seems a bit bugged according to some users.

Thank you for the advice, it sounds like a sensible plan. I've installed TWRP (I think) but now I'm struggling to follow what I do next.

Can you point me to a really simple guide to what to do next?

I forgot to tell you that this is my wife's phone. I am in so much trouble!!! I'm hoping to keep the tender parts of my anatomy, but that's not certain if I don't get this right.

Last edited:
how does 6.12.22 compare to 7.5.4.0?
yes i know one is miui 8 and the other is 7.5
i'm on superluminal and its flawless but i do prefer miui camera and second space

Probably a bit hotter and less battery friendly, but nothing obvious. Maybe a bit more responsive... There are more options, but i don't like all. For instance, gone is Paste in dialer. All in all, I like it.

Thank you @andrei80 for the instructions. I have some questions on the stechguide instructions
  • The site tells me "Download SuperSu to root Mi4c and copy it to your phone sd card". My Mi4c does not take an SD card so I am a bit lost.
  • Where do I get SuperSu, the link on the site is broken?
  • I follow the instructions as far as point 8 but the screen is frozen, so even with the above points sorted I still seem stuck!
I'm still in "the dog house", please help.

Download supersu from first link (xiaomi.eu weekly thread) and put it in phone memory.
China stable ROM locks your bootloader, so that might be your problem. I'm sorry, but my phone came with TWRP and MIUI 8 global from xiaomi.eu, so I don't have any experience with unlocking bootloader. I just installed MIUI 7, then last weekly from zip.