[MOD] [3.2.22] Control Panel Suite [DISCONTINUED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

fusionjack

Members
Apr 18, 2012
I am sharing here my work to give MIUIAndroid users some more customisation options for their ROM.
  • Control Panel: Each week lenny_kano and myself work on making more of the options available on MIUI Australia ROMs usable for all MIUIAndroid devices, as another way of supporting the great work being done here. Some of the features include changing the status bar layout (normal/centre clock/switched), overscroll options, custom carrier text or logo, and customising the on-screen key navigation bar.
The additional mods to the Control Panel are:
  • 4/5-Way Reboot
    Added a sub-menu to "Reboot" menu: Normal, Quick, Recovery, Bootloader, Switch System (only on Mi-1 and Mi-2).
  • Smooth Scrolling
    It disables the scrolling cache thru out the entire OS which in return it supposes to make scrolling smoother in all apps.
  • CRT-Off Animation (only works on some devices)
    An old tv off effect during turning off the screen.
  • VolumePlus (only for GT-I9100)
    • Skipping music track: long press when screen off.
    • Adjusting volume: single press when screen on.
  • Reduce Home/Power button lag (only for GT-I9100)
    • Reduce single click lag of the home button to show home screen from any apps.
    • Reduce long press lag of the home button to show recent apps.
    • Reduce long press lag of the power button to show power menu.
  • Landscape mode SMS
    Enable landscape mode of SMS app
More Information and Downloads:
Visit http://www.miuiaustralia.com for this and other MIUI goodies such as MIUI Now, MIUI Weather, etc

Be sure to read the FAQ how to flash control panel correctly.

3 way reboot and smooth scrolling. Crt we already have.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

I can do that for you. Which mods do you want? Let me know which rom file are you using now...

I'm sorry I cannot do that because the mod will probably only work for you on miui.us rom and not for the user of the htc s one with miuiandroid rom.

What is it that you modify? Cause I know that by modifying the framework-res.apk I can get it to do it, but in this case it is already modified and it is still not doing it???:-(

What is it that you modify? Cause I know that by modifying the framework-res.apk I can get it to do it, but in this case it is already modified and it is still not doing it???:-(
Even with modified framework-res.apk, you should still be able to add crt-off animation. Basically, you just need to change only PowerManagerService.smali and PowerManagerService$BrightnessState.smali. There is many tutorial how to do it. Don't be lazy to search it in google...no offense. :D

Reactions: vexedFalcon
Hey bro, can you make those mods for Incredible S too?
Would be awesome if you can do that... or you can just walk me through on how you did it if you want too. No pressure. ;)

Great work by the way!

Code:
http://files.miuiandroid.com/2.9.21/miuiandroid_vivo-2.9.21.zip

I decided to share the mods (hopefully on weekly basis) that I have done based on the tutorial:
  • 3-Way Reboot (Thanks to kahvitahra and kong)
  • CRT-Off Animation (Thanks to Whitehawkx)
  • Smooth Scrolling (Thanks to AndroidOn) - It disables the scrolling cache thru out the entire OS which in return it supposes to make scrolling smoother in all apps. I can't guarantee if you notice the smoothness, but the scrolling cache is disabled. ;)
  • Center Clock (Thanks to me :D) - It seems like I manage to make the clock disappear if a notification comes up on the status bar, so that the notification text not overlapped with the clock.
Basically, I just made the mods only for GT-I9100, but if you want the mod to be ported to your device, request for it in this thread. I'll try my best to do it and...

As always, I'm not responsible for your device.

Instructions
1. Make backup or make sure the original rom miuiandroid-xxx.zip is still on the sdcard.
2. Flash mod in CWM.
3. Wipe cache & dalvik cache.
4. Set windows & transition animation to 1x in "Settings -> Developer settings" to make CRT-Off to work.

Download for all mods
http://d-h.st/users/fusionjack

Troubleshooting
If something went wrong like bootloop, you can restore your backup or just flash the rom again, follow by wiping cache and dalvik cache.

Enjoy!
Buddy! Its amazing, can you make port to the Nexus S for
- 3 way reboot
- Smooth scrolling
??? :D
Also it would be great if you could make the UNDONE package too :)

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.