[MOD] [3.2.22] Control Panel Suite [DISCONTINUED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah...just wanna give status for the users that want volume plus mod: I still didn't manage to port it for galaxy s2. I'll try again tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: jagzz
can you provide the CRT-Off mod for "HTC Sensation (Pyramid)" ? Would be nice to see.

Thx in advance

The 4-way reboot for Grouper (Nexus 7) is broken. Reboot and Quick Reboot do nothing but I can reboot to Recovery or Bootloader

The 4-way reboot for Grouper (Nexus 7) is broken. Reboot and Quick Reboot do nothing but I can reboot to Recovery or Bootloader
I didn't see anything that could break the "reboot", but for "quick reboot" see OP's troubleshooting section. You'll find the answer there...

ah...just wanna give status for the users that want volume plus mod: I still didn't manage to port it for galaxy s2. I'll try again tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Would be really great if you can get this mod to work. I will keep my fingers crossed for you! :)

Would be really great if you can get this mod to work. I will keep my fingers crossed for you! :)

I know I really miss that feature, is really useful for any player, I realized that cMIUI last version lacks of this mod, so, fingers crossed here too...
Btw your rom is great Chillzz

Sent from my galaxy s2 with MIUI and DreamKernel

Reactions: chillzz
I know I really miss that feature, is really useful for any player, I realized that cMIUI last version lacks of this mod, so, fingers crossed here too...
Btw your rom is great Chillzz

Good news, I manage to port volume plus for GT-I9100 :D . It is still experimental, but it works. Although I think it works different with the original one: There is no long press to skip music track.
To skip track: During display off, press volume up/down to skip music to the next/previous track.
To change music volume: During display on, press volume up/down to change music volume.

Vol+_4WayReboot_miuiandroid_GT-I9100-2.10.12.zip - 478.14 KB

I'll try to port the "long press" one, but I can live with this new behavior. How about you? :D

Reactions: chillzz
Good news, I manage to port volume plus for GT-I9100 :D . It is still experimental, but it works. Although I think it works different with the original one: There is no long press to skip music track.
To skip track: During display off, press volume up/down to skip music to the next/previous track.
To change music volume: During display on, press volume up/down to change music volume.

Vol+_4WayReboot_miuiandroid_GT-I9100-2.10.12.zip - 478.14 KB

I'll try to port the "long press" one, but I can live with this new behavior. How about you? :D
You are my hero!

Reactions: fusionjack
Thanks a lot for the great work on the mods guys :)

Regarding Xperia devices, the bootloader completely ignores the "recovery" parameter. A simple work-around is to run the command "touch /cache/recovery/boot" before rebooting. As long as the device has a proper CWM-Recovery ramdisk, it will work.

Thanks to lenny_kano for helping with my silly smali mistakes :p here is my full code for MiuiGlobalActions$222$1.smali taken from Arc S v2.10.12:

Code:
.class Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/MiuiGlobalActions$222$1;
.super Ljava/lang/Object;
.source "MiuiGlobalActions.java"

# interfaces
.implements Landroid/content/DialogInterface$OnClickListener;

# annotations
.annotation system Ldalvik/annotation/EnclosingMethod;
    value = Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/MiuiGlobalActions$222;->onPress()V
.end annotation

.annotation system Ldalvik/annotation/InnerClass;
    accessFlags = 0x0
    name = null
.end annotation

# instance fields
.field final synthetic this$1:Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/MiuiGlobalActions$222;

# direct methods
.method constructor <init>(Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/MiuiGlobalActions$222;)V
    .locals 0
    .parameter

.prologue
    .line 281
    iput-object p1, p0, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/MiuiGlobalActions$222$1;->this$1:Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/MiuiGlobalActions$222;

invoke-direct {p0}, Ljava/lang/Object;-><init>()V

return-void
.end method

# virtual methods
.method public onClick(Landroid/content/DialogInterface;I)V
    .locals 8
    .parameter "dialog"
    .parameter "whichButton"

.prologue
    const/4 v2, 0x0

sget v0, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/MiuiGlobalActions$SinglePressAction;->rebootMode:I

const/4 v1, -0x1

if-le v0, v1, :cond_0

sget v0, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/MiuiGlobalActions$SinglePressAction;->rebootMode:I

const/4 v3, 0x1

if-eq v0, v3, :cond_2

iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/MiuiGlobalActions$222$1;->this$1:Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/MiuiGlobalActions$222;

iget-object v0, v0, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/MiuiGlobalActions$222;->this$0:Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/MiuiGlobalActions;

#getter for: Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/MiuiGlobalActions;->mContext:Landroid/content/Context;
    invoke-static {v0}, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/MiuiGlobalActions;->access$100(Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/MiuiGlobalActions;)Landroid/content/Context;

move-result-object v0

sget v1, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/MiuiGlobalActions$SinglePressAction;->rebootMode:I

if-nez v1, :cond_1

const/4 v1, 0x0

:goto_0
    invoke-static {v0, v1, v2}, Lcom/android/internal/app/ShutdownThread;->reboot(Landroid/content/Context;Ljava/lang/String;Z)V

:cond_0
    :goto_1
    return-void

:cond_1
    #recovery/bootloader
    sget-object v1, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/MiuiGlobalActions$SinglePressAction;->rebootOptions:[Ljava/lang/String;

sget v3, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/MiuiGlobalActions$SinglePressAction;->rebootMode:I

aget-object v1, v1, v3

invoke-virtual {v1}, Ljava/lang/String;->toLowerCase()Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v1

sget v4, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/MiuiGlobalActions$SinglePressAction;->rebootMode:I

const/4 v3, 0x2

if-ne v4, v3, :cond_3

#recovery
    :try_start_1
    invoke-static {}, Ljava/lang/Runtime;->getRuntime()Ljava/lang/Runtime;

move-result-object v5

const/4 v3, 0x2

new-array v3, v3, [Ljava/lang/String;

const/4 v7, 0x0

const-string v6, "touch"

aput-object v6, v3, v7

const/4 v7, 0x1

const-string v6, "/cache/recovery/boot"

aput-object v6, v3, v7

invoke-virtual {v5, v3}, Ljava/lang/Runtime;->exec([Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/Process;
    :try_end_1
    .catch Ljava/lang/Exception; {:try_start_1 .. :try_end_1} :catch_1

goto :goto_0

:catch_1
    move-exception v5

:cond_3
    goto :goto_0

:cond_2
    #quick
    :try_start_0
    invoke-static {}, Ljava/lang/Runtime;->getRuntime()Ljava/lang/Runtime;

move-result-object v0

const/4 v1, 0x4

new-array v1, v1, [Ljava/lang/String;

const/4 v2, 0x0

const-string v3, "pkill"

aput-object v3, v1, v2

const/4 v2, 0x1

const-string v3, "-TERM"

aput-object v3, v1, v2

const/4 v2, 0x2

const-string v3, "-f"

aput-object v3, v1, v2

const/4 v2, 0x3

const-string v3, "system_server"

aput-object v3, v1, v2

invoke-virtual {v0, v1}, Ljava/lang/Runtime;->exec([Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/Process;
    :try_end_0
    .catch Ljava/lang/Exception; {:try_start_0 .. :try_end_0} :catch_0

goto :goto_1

:catch_0
    move-exception v0

goto :goto_1
.end method

Cheers!

EDIT: Regarding "Hold volume to skip music tracks", I have it ported to my ROM. Thanks to 7OH from XDA (he made a mod for stock firmware) and I just adapted it for MIUI. Take a look at the Xperia Play ROM (based on Arc S) on miuiaustralia.com to get the smali.

Thanks a lot for the great work on the mods guys :)

Regarding Xperia devices, the bootloader completely ignores the "recovery" parameter. A simple work-around is to run the command "touch /cache/recovery/boot" before rebooting. As long as the device has a proper CWM-Recovery ramdisk, it will work.

Thanks to lenny_kano for helping with my silly smali mistakes :p here is my full code for MiuiGlobalActions$222$1.smali taken from Arc S v2.10.12:

Cheers!

EDIT: Regarding "Hold volume to skip music tracks", I have it ported to my ROM. Thanks to 7OH from XDA (he made a mod for stock firmware) and I just adapted it for MIUI. Take a look at the Xperia Play ROM (based on Arc S) on miuiaustralia.com to get the smali.

Hi dan...thanks for the smali. Xperia devices are lt18i and lt26i right? I'll update my mod tonight together with the "busybox pkill" based on lenny's suggestion to avoid symlink problem on some devices. Perhaps Xperia devices symlink it during flashing rom so you don't need to change it.

I think I got sources for volume plus from Xperia device too (can't remember from whom), but it doesn't work on galaxy s2 (or samsung devices) as samsung has different implementation of volume button. On my second try, I managed to port it but without long press. I find this behavior quite cool too, but not sure for others. :D
Your mentioned xda source looks interesting, lets see if I can merge them.

Hi dan...thanks for the smali. Xperia devices are lt18i and lt26i right? I'll update my mod tonight together with the "busybox pkill" based on lenny's suggestion to avoid symlink problem on some devices. Perhaps Xperia devices symlink it during flashing rom so you don't need to change it.

Yeah, LT18i is Arc S and LT26i is Xperia S. Should work with Xperia S but I'm not sure if their recovery checks for that same flag (it should, pretty sure it's standard for all CWM).

I think I got sources for volume plus from Xperia device too (can't remember from whom), but it doesn't work on galaxy s2 (or samsung devices) as samsung has different implementation of volume button. On my second try, I managed to port it but without long press. I find this behavior quite cool too, but not sure for others. :D
Your mentioned xda source looks interesting, lets see if I can merge them.

Probably was me, I posted the Arc S mod here and on XDA. At that time there was no MIUI4 ROM that had any volume-skip mod. I searched for days and it ended up being my first "real" smali work :)

I like the idea of just pressing, but I'm happy with the hold myself. Good luck!

Whether pkill is linked or not depends on whether the Rom actually installs busybox. But "busybox pkill" will always work on miui v4 as its always included in /system/xbin as part of patchrom or source :)

4way reboot & Volume button skipping track for galaxy nexus plz!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I tested Volume+ with other players and works, i still need to get used to the new way to skipping.. Great work thanks fusionjack :D

I tested Volume+ with other players and works, i still need to get used to the new way to skipping.. Great work thanks fusionjack :D

thanks for the feedback jagzz! i'll continue to integrate the long press.

Status
Not open for further replies.