[MOD]MiUI Plus- The best addon mod[widgets,apps,wallpapers,themes & more]all versions

iLstone

Members
Jan 21, 2011
MiUi Plus

-New to miui? want to wipe and reflash the rom? or just like new stuff? so thats the ultimate mod for you!

-MiUI Plus is meant to fill the missing stuff on miui, especially widgets, ringtones and live wallpapers

So what Miui Plus (+) actually adds:
-LG Optimus widgets (I chose Lg's widget because they are the only installable widgets from all the manufactures UIs.)
-LG Keyboard instead of android stock one (includes a lot of languages)
-LG/Samsung Live wallapers (check out the fire work one, my favorite)
-Samsung touchwiz static wallpapers (really nice!~)
-Samsung touchwiz Audible selection!
-Usefull apps which are all uninstallable and lack from miui(full list later)
-added popular themes.
-Samsung touchwiz notification sounds and ringtones

added apps:
-sparetools
-3Dgallery
-Battery calibrator
-DSP manager
-Weather and news
-google search
-Rom manager
-Youtube
-LG keyboard
-6 Live wallpapers from samsung and lg
-Removed : android keyboard (for preventing FC's)
If you want more apps to be included tell me

Added widgets:

-LG calender
-LG news
-LG clocks (A - L-O-T) -
-LG weather clock
-LG world clock
-LG Today schedule
-LG Today schedule + Weather
-TypoCLock

Included themes:
-project_vexillum icons
-Signa icons
-Samsung puzzle lockscreen
-Mela HD lockscreen
*Credit to XDA (will update with names)
Screen shots after clean install:

Download :
supporting all miui versions!http://www.mediafire.com/?e544hevp8qx4u25
1.With LG Keyboard:
http://www.mediafire.com/?q21b5bcbli9bo4i
2.Without LG keyboard:
http://www.mediafire.com/?z5i7ed5r9zn38xo
Installion instructions:
Install the zip via recovery
** you must mount system, data and sdcard before you flash it! if it is already mounted, don't unmount
**it might give you error 0 at the end but if you see that it indeed worked ignore it, it is חprobably something with the unmounting..
Please report to me if it gives you an error, because it was created originally for Galaxy S2 and may not work with all models.

Great work!!!
Just a small issue... People using a custom partition table won't be able to use this MOD, for example I have 130 MB for system partition and MIUI takes about 115-120 leaving me just 10 to 15 left. You are pushing the new wallpapers (12MB) and themes (25 MB) to system partition leading the system to crash at boot (probably splash bootloop).
You should consider pushing this contents to /sdcard/MIUI folder as they are not needed in system.

Reactions: m-i-
Great work!!!
Just a small issue... People using a custom partition table won't be able to use this MOD, for example I have 130 MB for system partition and MIUI takes about 115-120 leaving me just 10 to 15 left. You are pushing the new wallpapers (12MB) and themes (25 MB) to system partition leading the system to crash at boot (probably splash bootloop).
You should consider pushing this contents to /sdcard/MIUI folder as they are not needed in system.
if you can write a updater script that will do it I will be thankful =] it took me forever to understand how this script work..
just a initial release after all

if you can write a updater script that will do it I will be thankful =] it took me forever to understand how this script work..
just a initial release after all

awesome initial release!!
I'll have a look and let you know.

sorry for the dumb question, but how do i apply this?

Recovery,

*Message for everybody: it might work only on Galaxy S2 as I cant reslove the mounting issue with the updater-script, so if someone can bulilt a updater script which will mount data and system on all phone I will be really really thankful!!
HOWEVER, if it does work on any phone which is not galaxy s 2 please report!

Well I have got good news, I am uploading a new version that will work with all phones (hope at least) but you would have to mount by your self (it works for me~) ,

new version is online, hope it would work, (working for me), dont forgot to mount~
going to sleep now =]

Installed it on my Desire HD and a fresh Miui Android rom, with and without mounting system myself.

Result is nothing. Only one theme gets installed, no extra apps, no widgets, no keyboard...nothing. This happened with both Plus mod versions.

Installed it on my Desire HD and a fresh Miui Android rom, with and without mounting system myself.

Result is nothing. Only one theme gets installed, no extra apps, no widgets, no keyboard...nothing. This happened with both Plus mod versions.

DId you download the newer version, ? and you must mount system, data and sdcard not only system

@h_zee13 you probably didn't mount system or you unmounted it.. because the keyboard is there

Hey dude, can you do this for 1.8.5 too? Just a few suggestions:

Can you remove the LG keyboard and make it a patchable? I think everyone should get to choose between the HTC IME and the LG IME.

Remove Facebook, not much people use it and once it's installed once it can do not pretty stuff. And thus who use it just install it via Market. The same for Twitter, except that one's not bloatware.

Make fresh-install have the classic theme, and put the themes in a different place. Or remove them all together since everyone will just download it from the theme app, right.

EDIT:
BTW I see, Tel-Aviv. I was born near there, in Netanya! ^^

really nice concept i would remove tons of stuff thuogh
a mod that is in the size of a rom ? even more
thnx for your work guys

really nice concept i would remove tons of stuff thuogh
a mod that is in the size of a rom ? even more
thnx for your work guys

so tell me what should I remove..
to my opinion I should remove the facebook and twitter apps and lg keyboard (will make it separated), two live wallpapers and some of the ringtones.

There are 60+ downloads but almost no one report if it works or not.. it is important.
any way, I am making a new version which is compatible with all versions (deleted extended clock and 4 way reboot mods) and there will be two downloads, one includes lg keyboard and one not.. ( and the package is 60-55M instead of 105M =] )

I have suggestion for the keyboard. Have you ever tried go GO Keyboard ?? It is available in the market for free .. Has lot of downloadable language packs and maybe the best of all it has downloadable keyboard skins, one of them being .. an Iphone skin ! All things can be downloaded for free ..

so tell me what should I remove..
to my opinion I should remove the facebook and twitter apps and lg keyboard (will make it separated), two live wallpapers and some of the ringtones.

indeed ahi i say what is possible to get from the market no need to have it here
also wallpapers and widgets and ringtones but u know its just my opinion
more or less thnx allot for everything !
gonna check this mod soon !

Everything is working on the defy apart from Today briefing and Weather&Clock widget I keep on getting Force close :( Also I agree with most ppl here suggesting the removal of some apps as they are free and can be downloaded from the market. I loving the idea of this i only wish the extended settings mod can be used on any version of miui. I used the NO LG version.

Works on my GSM Desire with MIUI 1.8.5, is there anyway you could make a zip with just the lg keyboard?