[MOD]V5 Multilanguage T9 dialer

before I must say that the english is not my native language, so sorry for typo :)

thanks for you hard work, but I have problem with compilation classes.dex ...

my operating system is GNU/Linux, so I must do it all by my hand;)

I chose "T9 Czech"

Sorry, my bad.
I was pretty sure I checked it.
Please try the new version (1.2.1)!

There is error in bat - missing opening braket "(" after if statement:
Code:
:decompile
if exist "%home%\classes.dex" (
del /q classes.dex >>log.txt 2>&1
)
if exist "%home%\classes" [B][COLOR="red"]([/COLOR][/B]

And it didn't worked for me on 1.8.5 - no russian chars on dialer's drawable after changing framework.jar.

There is error in bat - missing opening braket "(" after if statement:
Code:
:decompile
if exist "%home%\classes.dex" (
del /q classes.dex >>log.txt 2>&1
)
if exist "%home%\classes" [B][COLOR="red"]([/COLOR][/B]

And it didn't worked for me on 1.8.5 - no russian chars on dialer's drawable after changing framework.jar.

Fixed! Thanks.
As it's a minor issue (the tool still works without it), it will be changed when next release comes.

As for the mod to work, I can't say anything other than "Please read carefully the instructions and follow them"

*it won't add characters to the dialer drawable, it adds the T9 function to the dialer!

Thanks for your work, t9 functionality works, but why did you attached drawable in 1st post, if this mod don't change it? Is it possible to change it, anyway?
P.S. Mod didn't worked for me without bracket, command line aborted script with "syntax error"

Sorry, my bad.
I was pretty sure I checked it.
Please try the new version (1.2.1)!

now compiles fine, so beer on the way ... (36N42105PP076431V), but some national letters under key "6", "7" and "8" do not work:
key 6
small "ö" - "ö"

key 7
small "š" - "š"
capital "Š" - "Š"
small "ř" - "ř"
capital "Ř" - "Ř;"

key 8
small "ú" - "ú"
capital "Ú" - "Ú"
small "ů" - "ů"
capital "Ů" - "Ů" (we dont use this letter, because rules of Czech ortography, so you can ignore this)

and maybe some others, but they are not in my phonebook ;)

please fix it ;) (Czech T9)

thanks

Thanks for your work, t9 functionality works, but why did you attached drawable in 1st post, if this mod don't change it? Is it possible to change it, anyway?

I planned to make a dialer theme for every available language, but nobody sent their dialer drawable so far, so nothing I can do...

now compiles fine, so beer on the way ... (36N42105PP076431V), but some national letters under key "6", "7" and "8" do not work

thanks

Many thanks for the beer!!!

New version is out:

V1.3 - Added missing Czech Characters plus some others to comply with Slovak and Slovene too! So now it will be Czech, Slovak and Slovene all together!
- Fixed issue with missing bracket in the .BAT file.

Please give feedback

Here is drawable for russian T9 from miui.su (I hope i grabbed right file) dialer_buttons.jpg

Used the greek file .( the traditional way) :)
Worked like a charm (1.5.8)

The altered png for greek is in here :)
Code:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13458986/MIUI-Greek-Dialerv2.mtz
Great job once more!

I tried this on IDEOS x5, on an MIUI rom which is based on the desire z USA rom, so i didn't have much hope it will work.

But it did!! Great work, really nice one!

The question i have is, that as you have automated the whole thing, is it easy for us to edit the HanziToPinyin files, so we can create the layout we prefer? Can you give us some guide lines?

I know i am asking a lot (and i am new here at these forums), but i would appreciate it a lot, and it will be very useful to a lot of people i guess :)

Thanks in advance!

Shaamaan:
1- This is not the first tool I release and so far there were not issues with java (unless java is not installed). From my understanding java gets a path in system automatically when installed.
I've had to double-check, as I couldn't be sure, but on both my machines at home (both running Win7-x64) as well as the systems at work (again, x64 Win7s) "java" was not recognized as a command until I added the required path.

I don't want to be anal about it however. It's easy to fix. :)

3- The mod works! Please make sure you read the instructions on the OP and follow them.
OK, then I'm at a loss. Perhaps it's me being new to Android (I've used WinMo 6.5 before)... but here's what I do:
- Enter AD Recovery
- Initially when I tried your method, I didn't do a backup, on account of fooling around with various MIUI ROMs (ie. there was nothing TO backup, and I was flashing ROMs often). This time around I did make a backup.
- I fire the BAT and it does it's thing and generates the log I posted.
- I clear cache and Dalvik.
- I reboot the phone; Android takes a while to start with no cache, but that's OK...
- Once the phone is on, I go to settings -> System -> Language and input -> Select language and pick a different language
- As instructed, I wait a while.
- I open the dialer, and try to dial the name Łukasz, which should correspond to numbers 585279: the first Ł doesn't work.
- I change the language back to the initial one, and try the above again; no dice.

It seems to me I AM following the instructions as you wrote them. Or am I still missing something?

You are doing it the way you should, your steps are perfect!
So now i'm a bit lost... Checked the polish hanzitopinyin and the letter Ł is there on number 5:
Code:
    const/16 v5, 0x141 		#this is Ł capital unicode

if-lt p0, v5, :cond_5

const/16 v5, 0x142 		#this is Ł small unicode

if-gt p0, v5, :cond_5

.line 115
    const/16 v2, 0x35 		#unicode for number 5
have you tried with other names?
from which language to which you change?
have you tried re-writing the contact name? ie. erasing the name and writing again?
has the contact a phone number?

The question i have is, that as you have automated the whole thing, is it easy for us to edit the HanziToPinyin files, so we can create the layout we prefer? Can you give us some guide lines?

Thanks in advance!

Sure, for a long time I want to write down a how to, but I just need to find some time to do so.
in 10 days I'm finishing with my final exams, so expect it to come some time after that.

I just want to change the layout for my language. For example i want (μ and ν) to be on 6, not 5 and 6 as it is now (greek). I am going to try it today, made some changes on the file.

I've found a small bug which appeared after installing your T9 mod.

If I use the little alphabetical "scroll bar" on the right in the contacts list WITHOUT the T9 installed I can scroll through all the contacts, A to Z.

However, WITH the T9 installed this scroll bar will get stuck on the first occurrence of a non-standard letter. In my case, it was the Ł letter, so the scroll-bar got stuck on L and wouldn't budge any further.

I suspect however that this bug is a direct result of the entire dialer not supporting special characters, not the mod itself.