SirPheles

Members
Feb 13, 2018
Howdy.
So I've been fan of the Redmi series for more than a year now. My first buy was a Redmi Note 4 16 GB with 2 GB RAM. Back then I had no idea that the majority of these phones comes with either Mediatek or Qualcomm processors. After a year of advanced, root and Xposed use I bought it's big brother a Redmi Note 4X 64 GB with 4GB RAM and MTK processor. Only because statistics said MTK provides higher performance. Now that I have used it for a few months I can say I made a terrible mistake. MTK processors heat and drain battery fast. No matter what tricks or ROM I use the battery and screen time improvement is insignificant. I honestly don't recommend anyone buying MTK versions. Now I'm trying to sell my phone and buy a Qualcomm variant but in my homeland the brand is unknown so nobody will buy it. Some friends of mine who have Xiaomi phones all have Qualcomm variant and their battery life is 3x longer than mine. I have to bring the travel charger with me to everywhere. It doesn't matter that my phone has a 4100 MHA battery. It will drain within a day. So overall this is a warning to Xiaomi users and people who are about to buy a Xiaomi phone. Never go for MTK variant and avoid it.