Multitouch Problem

doodyfail

Members
Aug 3, 2016
EDIT: Hey guys if you want to keep the thread going here is the link for the bug report that I posted xiaomi. eu/community/threads/multitouch-behavior.33965/ and also the thread on official miui forums here en. miui. com/thread-346662-1-6.html

I've encountered a bug that whenever I press the screen at the same time I release a long press, the long press won't release it, instead keeps pressed until I release the second or press at anywhere else on the screen (which will make the press drag to this new point).
Here's a sample video showing the bug.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This will happen
- anywhere on the screen
- any app
- any screen orientation
- with/without auto screen rotation
- with/without auto brightness
- with/without showing touch/point location

Please do keep in mind that reproducing this bug can be hard, since you gotta do it (pressing and releasing) practically at the same frame/really small time window.

I'm using a Redmi 3s 3gb/32gb from China and latest weekly xiaomi.eu build 6.8.25. However I have also faced the same bug at Global Stable 7.5.9.0

I have also tried some apps from play store that "calibrate"/"fixes" touchscreen/multitouch, which expectly didn't solve the problem.

In case you wonder why I'm making such a fuss about it, it is because I play a rhythm game (School Idol Festival) that requires me doing this exact movement and with this bug it becomes definitely unplayable at certain moments. This might not seem, but it is a huge (and the only) problem I have with this device.

Additional question: should I create another thread anywhere else? I was considering posting in the bugs section as well as official MIUI forums.

Last edited:
This sound annoying, but also something that should be a fairly easy fix on the software side. Let's hope it is and gets fixed quickly. I should be receiving my 3s tomorrow and will attempt to reproduce the bug.

Reactions: doodyfail
So gearbest created a massive f**k up and I had to reorder from another shop a few days ago. I still intend to test it, but it will be a while before I will be able to.

Reactions: doodyfail
Interested to see if the problem get solved! I also have a (different) problem with my screen and I join here so to keep myself updated!