My First Experience With Xiaomi: The Mi Max 2

I see your point in general - but not all operators use B20 - here i.e. Tele2 uses exclusively B3 for LTE coverage and people I know who use it don't have any issues using it nationwide, even in rural or coastal areas (I have a holiday house in a remote area and 4G signal is excellent). And must admit I don't get the story about a guy throwing his phone for what - having only 3G signal at sea instead of 4G? - that's a sign of some mental issue, not of flawed phonemakers policy...

Sent from my Mi Max 2 using Tapatalk

I see Tele2 uses 1800 only. Not all countries have that. You lucky... Good news for me too.
I dont know what that guy's story was, a bit mental for sure but I guess he needed speed for work.
Anyways it still looks like Xiaomi does not care about european market all that much.

That's true, they didn't care at all for Europe - I guess that's the reason why they've officially entered EU market only 2-3 weeks ago...

Another question. How does Bluetooth work on mi Max 2? On redmi note 2 it really pulled my nerves out. Trouble connecting, disconnecting, network search, phonebook sometimes working sometimes not... in both my cars (hands free device) while all other phones like iPhone 5&6 had no problems. Also, smartwatch was disconnecting all the time. I really tried for 6 months but nothing was ever fixed. I gave it another chance 6 months later - all same. Also Smart lock never worked and neither did unlock with Bluetooth device. Any improvements in support and philosophy?

I took a chance because i like MIUI and bought Mi Max 2. It is a really nice phone, fast enough, I only miss colour info led. So far no problems with bluetooth - it works flawlessly with hands-free systems in cars. Will test with smart watch later.
BTW, MIUI 9 sucks in a few areas as far as user friendliness is concerned. They removed shortcuts for silent mode, bluetooth shortcut is not on/off any more but a link to bluetooth menu,..... Not to mention that they ruined perfect system how to arrange icons.

Phone is not that heavy, but it is really large. If I wouldnt use it that much at work I wouldnt buy it. I can not help you with the camera - for me it is good enough for casual use. For serious use I use serious camera.

Bluetooth works fine with my car and BT headset at home, that's the only 2 I tried. As for the camera, stock is just about OK, but the real revelation for me was after unlocking and installing *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* HDR+ app which improves camera (and video shooting at 60fps same) to something at completely different level, especially at low light conditions.

Redmi note 2 wouldnt connect to hands-free if smart watch was connected. I had to turn of BT then connect hands-free then smartwatch.
On Mi Max 2 BT works flawlessly. Nice.

I am not sure if I want to unlock bootloader. Global seems just fine. Any strong arguments to unlock?

Global is fine, I used it for first 3 months. For me it was 3 things for unlocking - root access so I can install Ad-away, split-screen option in Developer ROM and *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* installation. If you don't need any of that, no need to unlock...