New My notifications are not showing up

Rayearth

Members
Jan 20, 2017
After so many iterations of MIUI on various devices (currently using Xiaomi.eu 14.0.6.0 stable on Poco F4 GT) I'm still not receiving app notifications (fb Messenger, Gmail, etc.)

Sometimes the notification is delivered after a while instead of right away after receiving msg or email. On other occasions I get it when I wake up screen/unlock the phone. Often the notification does not show at all.

What is it with this system it behaves like that?

Already set up app's:
Battery saver: No restrictions
Autostart: on
Show on lock screen permission: on
Rules for grouped notifications: important
Enabled every kind of notification option available

What else is there?
What do I have to do to never miss any important notification?

Reactions: Sharon1122
I've been having the same issues and I've tried everything people have suggested. I missed a bunch of emails and other things today. But I love the camera so much on the 12s Ultra. I'd love to get this fixed somehow

Hi all
Unfortunately i think MIUI 14 wasn't that ready Having the exact same issue and I have tried all the solutions proposed after missing many important messages from my work and family.
Everything is Autostart with no restriction for the battery
I also went in the special permission and toggle on all the apps i needed and nothing changed
Only thing which actually fixed it atm is to turn off facial recognition which is a bit annoying but less than not receiving any notifications

hopefully this will be fixed soon with a new stable release

Hi all
Unfortunately i think MIUI 14 wasn't that ready Having the exact same issue and I have tried all the solutions proposed after missing many important messages from my work and family.
Everything is Autostart with no restriction for the battery
I also went in the special permission and toggle on all the apps i needed and nothing changed
Only thing which actually fixed it atm is to turn off facial recognition which is a bit annoying but less than not receiving any notifications

hopefully this will be fixed soon with a new stable release
The same here with my Mi 11 Ultra.
I missed a message that my son's kindergarten had a case of corona disease :-(
special permission only partially helped
Without Faceunlock didn't helped, because i never used Face Unlock

i hope for a soon fix

After some deeper investigation I do think that it may have something to do with modules installed - not sure though.

Berfore I use LSPosed + CustoMIUIzer14 and what I did was I used a tweak to separate volume control of ringtone and notification sound. Well, at first the notifications worked, but at some point the problems started.

Followed these two tutorials but with some apps the issue persisted.

Then I turned off the mentioned tweak in CustoMIUIzer14 and also used another tweak to prevent MIUI force closing my selected apps. By now the problem does not occur but I'm still not entirely sure what helped.

After some deeper investigation I do think that it may have something to do with modules installed - not sure though.

Berfore I use LSPosed + CustoMIUIzer14 and what I did was I used a tweak to separate volume control of ringtone and notification sound. Well, at first the notifications worked, but at some point the problems started.

Then I turned off the mentioned tweak in CustoMIUIzer14 and also used another tweak to prevent MIUI force closing my selected apps. By now the problem does not occur but I'm still not entirely sure what helped.
i dont have none of this modules and i have this issue

I'm using a clean ROM as released by xiaomi.eu (no root, no themes, no dpi changes, etc.).
The problem with notifications appeared with the arrival of android 13 and MIUI 14. It occurs across models.

Do you not understand what I wrote? There is nothing to fix the notifications working properly. (Most users don't want to use root and various modules.)
It's a ROM bug with android 13 (MIUI 14).

Last edited:
Do you not understand what I wrote? There is nothing to fix the notifications working properly.
It's a ROM bug with android 13 (MIUI 14).
do you know if this is an A13 or miui 14 bug? ill try those steps just incase later but i dont have my hopes up tbh
hope the xiaomi.eu team would be able to find a workaround

@gogocar62 The links I provided are intended for non-root and non-module case, like yours. You didn't even check them, did you?
If you don't need the help, don't waste your time writing messages.

@Sharon1122 this is a bug of MIUI even since A7 or A8. Sometimes it occurs, sometimes it doesn't.

Reactions: Sharon1122
Having the exact same issue on my Mi 11 Ultra since updating to 14.0.6.0.TKACNXM Stable. Push notifications either entirely fail or are severely delayed (e.g. receiving a batch of email notifications after a week) across multiple, diverse apps (Gmail, Signal, banking app, Telegram, just to name a few).

Having the exact same issue on my Mi 11 Ultra since updating to 14.0.6.0.TKACNXM Stable. Push notifications either entirely fail or are severely delayed (e.g. receiving a batch of email notifications after a week) across multiple, diverse apps (Gmail, Signal, banking app, Telegram, just to name a few).
I believe this is the issue with Stable.

It's fixed on the Weeklies.

--
Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra (star)

Reactions: divided by zero
???
EU-Stable will not get this Bugfix earlyer?
it is a stable-EU problem.
The Global Stable doesn't have this issue
Is it so ?
I guess the devs are better of answering this though...
Although you can't ask for ROM ETA as per forum policy/rules.
So you can take this forward on your own

--
Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra (star)

I had some notifications issues this week on Poco F3 and everything is working flawless again after "Android System WebView" updated to version 113.0.5672.62 and "Chrome" to version 113.0.5672.62 and reboot.
You may try and feedback for us later.

Reactions: Jacometto
Hello everyone! There was the same problem with notifications that came with a long delay or did not come at all. I found a working solution (for myself). After EACH REBOOT of the phone, do the following:

1. Connect your phone to your computer via a USB cable
2. Enable USB debugging mode ("About Phone" => Click 5 times on "MIUI Version" => "Advanced Settings" => "For developers" => "USB Debugging" enable
3. Make a file transfer via USB
4. Find cmd.exe in Windows and type:
cd C:\Xiaomi\XiaomiTool2\res\tools\
5. Type:
adb shell dumpsys device idle disable
6. If it didn't work, look at the fingerprint notification window on the phone, click OK.

P/S: You may need to download the program XiaomiTool2 before that.

Last edited: