My phone just isn't the same after I EDL flashed it for the first time

Jun 15, 2024
So back in June, I bricked my device, which led to me flashing my phone multiple times in EDL mode, I tried Android 12 (MIUI 14), went back to Android 11 (MIUI 12.5.7), and again back down to MIUI 12.5.2, my initial firmware version.

My phone has been acting weirdly ever since, even though I flashed the exact same ROM version, the System UI has been freezing more than usual, apps or games often stop responding, and I very frequently get that "<insert process> isn't responding" message, the phone just feels slower.

Another issue I face, I've asked about this several times on XDA General forums, I used to be able to play my big games off my Class 10 microSD card, and I was able to link the Data(Ext) folders located in /Android/data/ directly to my SD card with Link2SD, and I didn't have to make a second partition too, I used the primary partition and it all worked fine, was a very easy procedure. Now after I flashed my phone, I'm able to bind the data to my SD, but apps, my games especially, ignore the link and write new data to where it's supposed to be. No folder bind method I tried worked.

Lastly, recently I noticed my phone camera couldn't record a video no matter what I did, I didn't think much of it until this morning when my camera failed to work entirely, I can't take any pictures or video now, I tried clearing data, that did not fix it, I saw the "camera failed to connect" message, I tried using Xiaomi ADB tools to attempt to try reinstalling the Camera app but I couldn't even find the package name.

Will another firmware flash fix all this?

Redmi Note 9 Pro MIUI 12.5.2 (joyeuse) (root)​