Need Help With Flashing Eu Roms On My Mi 5s

ZenXXII

Members
Nov 8, 2016
Hi there. I've recently bought a Mi 5s and it came with a custom ROM. Fearing for my security I managed to unlock my device and flash to China Stable ROM with the help from people in the official forums.

The limitations of the China Stable ROM has annoyed me though, to the point where I'm regretting flashing it in the first place. From non-syncing Google Contacts, lack of customization, and MIUI forcing it's own apps over my own, I have had it and decided I want to flash to your highly recommended ROMs.

Going over from the instructions I've read from your latest release thread:
xiaomi. eu/community/threads/6-11-3.35941/

I have downloaded the following:
xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5S_V8.0.10.0.MAGCNDH_v8-6.0.zip (stable)
www. androidfilehost. com/?fid=529152257862678079

xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5S_6.11.3_v8-6.0.zip (weekly)
www. androidfilehost. com/?fid=457095661767111754

TWRP_Capricorn.zip
www. androidfilehost. com/?fid=457095661767101599

UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76-20160630161323.zip
download. chainfire. eu/969/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76-20160630161323.zip

Question1: Are all of these the right files necessary to flash the eu ROMs on my Mi 5s? Please confirm!

I have noticed that the latest TWRP version from twrp. me/ is TWRP 3.0.2-0.

Q2: Can I flash the latest TWRP 3.0.2-0 instead or should I stick with TWRP_Capricorn.zip?

After researching further I have stumbled upon forum. xda-developers. com/apps/supersu where the latest stable version is SuperSU v2.78

Q3: Can I install SuperSU v2.78 or should I stick with SuperSU-v2.76?

I am currently reading on how to install all of these with these guides:
Step 1 (TWRP): www. xda-developers. com/how-to-install-twrp/
Step 2 (SuperSU): www. cyanogenmods. org/forums/topic/root-android-using-twrp-recovery-install-supersu/
Step 3 (eu ROM): none so far... Q4: Am I right to assume I will then be using SuperSU to flash your ROMs? How is this done specifically?

Q5: As you've noticed I downloaded both of your ROMs, what would you recommend for a guy who really just wants a smooth android experience?

That's about it. This is honestly my first time dealing with custom ROMs and all this stuff but I am very good at following directions. So please answer my questions thoughtfully and kindly follow a similar format in answering:
Answer1:
A2:
etc...

Simply for my convenience! xD Thanks!

Last edited:
A mod from the official forum shared this with me btw:
www. miui. com/thread-5768960-1-1.html
Apparently it's a TWRP 3.0.2 made for the Mi 5s. Everything is in Chinese though... It seems the program itself is in Chinese too but I'm not sure if it has English as an option.

A1: yep those files are corrrect

A2: use TRWP_capricorn

A3: both will work. Use the latest.

A4: root (supersu) has ALWAYS to be flashed after the rom. So choose either stable or weekly and flash super su after u flashed the rom

A5: go with the stable release

A6: trwp supports multi language but its in chinese by default.

tradingshenzhenblog .com/support/tutorials/xiaomi-mi5s/

follow this link and scroll down a bit until you see on the left side "ROM - MIFLASH UNLOCK" click it, then scroll down and u will see some pics on how to change the language

A mod from the official forum shared this with me btw:
www. miui. com/thread-5768960-1-1.html
Apparently it's a TWRP 3.0.2 made for the Mi 5s. Everything is in Chinese though... It seems the program itself is in Chinese too but I'm not sure if it has English as an option.
Yes it does have, just search on google how to change from chinese to English twrp

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

I am stuck because of "adb drivers device not found" issues. I have tried different USB 3.0/2.0 ports from 2 PCs (both Win7) and have tried unsinstalling and reinstalling by connecting the device fresh from restart. I allowed USB debugging and allowed installation of unknown sources on my phone too.

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to download the adb drivers for the mi 5s from somewhere?

UPDATE: I finally got it working! I downloaded the universal ADB drivers from here:
adbdriver. com

Last edited:
Ok, so I successfully flashed TWRP via adb. (note: I just renamed the file twrp.img)
9ru5xk.jpg

I then copied SuperSU into my device.
17uvs6.jpg

The guides then tell be to boot into TWRP recovery. So I press Vol+ and Power and all I get is this.
2ikpb86.jpg

I then tried pressing Vol- and Power and just get the fastboot bunny.
2woxcfk.jpg

I have tried using both the TWRP_Capricorn.zip provided by this site and TWRP 3.0.2 from the miui thread I posted and both of them do not boot into TWRP recovery.

I also tried rebooting with the code "adb reboot recovery" via cmd but just get Vol+ and Power result.

I am seriously stuck right now! Help please!

UPDATE: I managed boot into TWRP with adb command "fastboot boot twrp.img" when I read:
xiaomitips. com/guide/how-to-flash-twrp-v3-0-2-1-on-mi-5/

I then flashed SuperSU and restarted my phone. After that, the phone manages to boot into TWRP recovery when I press Vol+ and Power. I'm going to start flashing the eu rom now, will update on my progress.

Last edited:
Phew! I almost shat my pants when I did something wrong in TWRP when I first tried to flash the eu ROM. I was reading the rom flashing guides, there they recommended clearing the cache or something. I then saw the format option beside it in TWRP and thought to myself "Oh well! I'm going to flash a new ROM anyway so I might as well format the phone's memory." and that's when everything went wrong! Doing so also deleted files I put into the phone. I turned off my phone and when I turned it on it was bootlooping (i think). I tried turning it off but it just auto-ons in a constant loop. But thank God fastboot suddenly worked one time and I managed to flash the official rom with Mi Flash.

Anyway, I stayed away from that section of TWRP on the next attempt and managed to flash the eu ROM with no hassle. It's looking great so far! Thanks xiaomi eu!

Reactions: iamme729
hi, did you lock the bootloader back after flashing?
i tried to lock my bootloader and my phone doesnt bootup. it boots fine when the bootloader is unlock. can anyone help?

Phew! I almost shat my pants when I did something wrong in TWRP when I first tried to flash the eu ROM. I was reading the rom flashing guides, there they recommended clearing the cache or something. I then saw the format option beside it in TWRP and thought to myself "Oh well! I'm going to flash a new ROM anyway so I might as well format the phone's memory." and that's when everything went wrong! Doing so also deleted files I put into the phone. I turned off my phone and when I turned it on it was bootlooping (i think). I tried turning it off but it just auto-ons in a constant loop. But thank God fastboot suddenly worked one time and I managed to flash the official rom with Mi Flash.

Anyway, I stayed away from that section of TWRP on the next attempt and managed to flash the eu ROM with no hassle. It's looking great so far! Thanks xiaomi eu!
Hello, can you help me out please?

I unlocked bootloader mi5s.

I want to install twrp, but has to rename the .img file to twrp.img. But it's not possible. How can i do that though?

Or i flash the rom. Which rom must i use?
Do i have to use miflash or can i use another flashingtool?

Do you have direct link to the rom i can use for flashing? This custom stable rom sucks.

I visited the chinese site for the twrp mis5, but do not know how to download. Do you?

Can you help me?