New Phone With 8.0.5.0. Is It Worth Moving To The Official 8.0.4.0.

jem111111

Members
Dec 10, 2016
Hi All
i have just received a redmi note 4 with the strange 8.0.5.0 . Is this a fake ROM , as MI do not seem to have this as an official ROM to download.
If it is fake, should i download 8.0.4.0 and use that?
What are the pros and cons of moving to 8.0.4.0?

thanks for any help you can give

Move to official it s stable. When i was on 8.0.5.0. My redmi note 4 constatly rebooted 4,5 times a day

Poslano sa mog Redmi Note 4 koristeći Tapatalk

hello, it happened to me! it is not easy. You must request the bootloader unlocking of en.miui, an SMS will arrive in about three days with the instructions, then install the TWRP recovery as a guide and then always installs as a guide the Rom 6.12.15 developer or stable 8.1.3.0 that are here on the site. Hello

Hi,
I dont know much about shop roms, but usualy the official Global Roms are singned to work with the original bootloader.
So give a try to install.

As a newbie i am a bit confused , it looks like i should move from 8.0.5 to a " normal " rom eg 8.4.0 ( due to the way 8.0.5 is configured ) before i flash any ROM otherwise it may cause issues. Do i need to unlock my bootloader to do that?
If i do flash 8.0.4 .. can i then move to any ROM ( china stable / global or developer ROM )

btw, I just unlocked directly from "8.0.5.0" (Top-One via AliExpress). No need to flash to china official rom.

apart from not seeing notifications , 8.0.5 seems ok ,and i have not seen any issues yet , but i am a light user. What benefits would i see if i did move to a different ROM ? , as i do not want to risk bricking my phone if there is not much difference between the ROMS .

On 8.0.5.0.0 i have every day random rebots. That was frustrating. So i flashed 8.0.4.0.0.today you even have global stable 8.1... Or so. I am on modified eu. Rom......

Poslano sa mog Redmi Note 4 koristeći Tapatalk

Where did u buy the phones I always gotten global roms on my Redmi note's. I always order them via Gearbest.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

so i think i will flash , so is 8.0.5 a global stable rom , so if i want 8.1.20 ..is that also a global stable rom ?

8.1.2.0 is global/stable and it's very good. Good battery life and overall stability. Surprisingly no drains.

hello, it happened to me! it is not easy. You must request the bootloader unlocking of en.miui, an SMS will arrive in about three days with the instructions, then install the TWRP recovery as a guide and then always installs as a guide the Rom 6.12.15 developer or stable 8.1.3.0 that are here on the site. Hello
Did you succeed to install a different rom,? I tried and can't do it

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 4 através de Tapatalk

No i have not tried yet. Looking through all the guides..and getting confused. I think the most important thing is to change the cust image on the phone ..before flashing using the guides .. what is your problem ? how did you try to do it ?

When I try to install a new rom I just can't get it to work, it won't let me install the latest version

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 4 através de Tapatalk

which rom r u trying to install , again there is some confusion , as some posts say i would need to go to a proper global stable rom e.g 8.0.4 or the new 8.1.2.0 ( as im on a fake global 8.0.5 ..) ?? have you created a mi account as some posts say you need to do that ..and get the account verified against your number ..

which rom r u trying to install , again there is some confusion , as some posts say i would need to go to a proper global stable rom e.g 8.0.4 or the new 8.1.2.0 ( as im on a fake global 8.0.5 ..) ?? have you created a mi account as some posts say you need to do that ..and get the account verified against your number ..
Hi, I tried the Stable.eu v8.1.6.0 Multi it has exceptional battery life but it gives me the performance on 3D games issues ... so I put on the 6/12/29 developer and fantastic ... acceptable battery consumption

The global has amazing battery life and no issues with gaming. And again that battery is really wow. Only thing is I can't set it to my country. Netherlands is missing in global..

The global has amazing battery life and no issues with gaming. And again that battery is really wow. Only thing is I can't set it to my country. Netherlands is missing in global..

Find the Multilingual Stable 8.1xx of Xiaomi.eu ... even the Italian language is not on the official Global but on .eu is !!! Try to see;)

Find the Multilingual Stable 8.1xx of Xiaomi.eu ... even the Italian language is not on the official Global but on .eu is !!! Try to see;)
I've set it on Hungary no problem for now. Magyar baby.

Haha. I think the .EU ROM has not so good battery as global 8.1.2.0