New questions about themes

MasterTB

Members
Mar 20, 2012
I know themes are not fully working on v4 but I have a few questions regardless...
1) why is it that the status bar is transparent when using miui launcher but opaque when using another launcher like Apex?
2) before knowing about themes and the fact that they don't really fully work, I changed the icons on the miui theme with the ones from another pack, the result? I can see the new icons when using miui home but not when I change the launcher to Apex!!
WTF is going on?
Is it really impossible to use another launcher without losing the customization miui offers?

You said it yourself, "themes are not fully working". All of that is intended behavior because the system is not done.

Launchers affect the system. Since MIUI is different Apex probably doesn't know how to talk to the system bar (because its different), so it can't overload it to whatever it wants to do.

AFAIK, when you change Launcher, the icons don't remain same as previous launchers, you'll have to apply again and customize the launcher again. (correct me if i'm wrong) :)

AFAIK, when you change Launcher, the icons don't remain same as previous launchers, you'll have to apply again and customize the launcher again. (correct me if i'm wrong) :)

Sorry, you are wrong (you told me to correct you)-
I tried that, I reaplied the theme to no success. The icons don't show, the status bar remains opaque -as opposed to MIUI launcher where it is translucent- and I did this with three launchers: Apex, Nova and GO...
so unless you're using miui launcher, you're stuck with a black status bar and default icons.
that is if I'm not doing something wrong (which is possible) :)

@iBotPeaches I thought that it was the System that told the launcher that the status bar is supposed to be transparent (or translucent) and not the other way... I've used other roms and that is how they behave. Since I'm not used to MIUI I'll take your word for it but to be honest, this sucks.

Umm, i have tried on Nova, on old MIUI build, like a month back(don't remember which version it was)... that time the change of icon did work, but yeah the status bar was solid black color and not translucent. :)
But now that you say, i'll try on all three again. :/

Reactions: MasterTB
Thanks. Hopefully when themes are fully compatible if it doesn't work we can make the request for a fix...

So it means that if we want a transparent status bar we are stuck with the default launcher??
That sucks.