Newbie questions

acey_zero

Members
Oct 14, 2012
Hi all, I have had my eye on Xiaomi's M1, etc phones since I first heard about them, and I am considering getting an M1 or M1S, but I can't find a lot of info on them in English. Anyone who owns one of these, how do you like it? Do the basic phone functions (mic, ear speaker, speakerphone) work well? Are there any shortcomings compared to other devices you have owned?

I have heard that the English in the official updates from MIUI is not perfect. I don't mind a little bad grammer, etc, but is it bad enough to affect usability? Also, are the official updates based on ICS now, or still on GB?

Thanks!

I love it, official is ICS, and the stock Rom English is usable but nowhere near perfect. Plus stock Rom doesn't have any gapps at all, not even play store, so not great for international users.

I love it, official is ICS, and the stock Rom English is usable but nowhere near perfect. Plus stock Rom doesn't have any gapps at all, not even play store, so not great for international users.

Cool, thanks so much for the info! I didn't realize it did not have gapps, I assume it is not too hard to sideload?

I am not totally opposed to use non-official updates like the ones from this site, but one of the draws of this phone to me is it seems like they have a really slick and painless update process set up.

i love my m1s can't praise it enough and updating from here is really easy u just copy the download link download update copy it to your sd card boot into recovery and flash. If you can get hold of one you won't be dissapointed i got mine from android-tablet-computer.co.uk good price there too

Hi guys,

I ordered my M1s two weeks ago and finally received it today. I have turned it on but it is not recognising my O2 UK sim card! What can I do to solve this problem? The phone suppliers, sciphone.fr, said that the phone is unlocked and compatible in the UK.

Hope someone can help please.

i'm on o2 uk payasugo i didn,t have any trouble with mine i just updated to latest miui english loaded the sim and worked. have you loaded latest rom from here

It has 4.04 so I think it should be ok. It says no sim at the moment, and now I've tried putting it in my other phone, HTC wildfire s, and that isn't recognising the sim either?? Maybe I've damaged the sim somehow, it's quite a tight fit in the M1s, did you have any problems loading the sim?

Thanks. It appears that I have been very stupid and put the sim in the wrong way round! Recognised sim now thankfully :D Does it have it's own apps store? Otherwise can I install google play for it?