Nfc/beam Working On 7.4.6/7.4.14 ?

boarder87

Members
Apr 13, 2017
Hello,

I've a new Mi5s and the first think I've made was to flash Xiaomi.eu ROM. Yesterday I recognised, that NFC is not working. I've upgraded today to 7.4.14 but there are the same problems. I mean Android beam not the pay function.

Can somebody check if NFC is working with your phones?

Hello,

I've a new Mi5s and the first think I've made was to flash Xiaomi.eu ROM. Yesterday I recognised, that NFC is not working. I've upgraded today to 7.4.14 but there are the same problems. I mean Android beam not the pay function.

Can somebody check if NFC is working with your phones?
The NFC antenna is located near the main camera, not in the middle of the back.
Check again your NFC.

Yes, I know but i tried every position on the back and frotside, but with no success =(
But like Crazyxijan, he has the same problem?

Yes, I know but i tried every position on the back and frotside, but with no success =(
But like Crazyxijan, he has the same problem?

Yeap same problem, when i touch my headphones nothing happens but with Bluetooth they work just fine, sometimes i have issues of audio output but it lasts like 1-2 seconds then it fixes itself
I have 7.4.6

I'm now back on global stable with locked bootloader and NFC now works. Really strange.
But the "signal strength" is not that good compared to my old phone. 1cm against 3mm when i scan my ID Card. Maybe its a problem that some devices cannot be used because the sensors are to far away

I am using Xiaomi.ue weekly roms and I update every week. NFC is not working since 7.4.x.
I have tried with many different devices and nfc tags but phone can't read and write via nfc.

Really strange.
  • NFC was not working on 7.4.14
  • Went back to official global ROM via TWRp Recovery: NFC was not working
  • Flashed official Global ROM via MiFlash with relocked Bootloader: NFC worked
  • unlocked the Bootloader: NFC worked
  • Flashed Xiaomi.eu 7.4.14 again: NFC worked
  • Flashed Xiaomi.eu 7.4.20: haven't check NFC
  • Flashed Xiaomi.eu 7.4.27_ NFC is not working anymore

NFC works on my Mi5s weekly 7.5.4 but not at all.
I can send things to my 2nd mi5s (android beam) but doesn't pairs bluetooth with my nfc cards.