Nightmare for Xiaomi started ?

manohar

Members
Jun 6, 2013
Hi guys, i feel Xiaomi should change their propaganda & products atleast to remain competetive in this Smartphone field.
With so many phones with better specs are getting announced & released at much cheaper price day by day... I am feeling like Mi2S 32GB looks so old fashioned & lacks that edge in Technology compared to them. I bought Mi2S 5 months back.. already this feeling ?

Will Xiaomi do anything to fight back & retain its No.1 position in Smartphone market ?
Are these new companies newer Phones with better specs going to trouble the Xiaomi's reputation ? Only time will tell.
Pls share your views what do you feel about this developments...

they need to improve camera and music sides and add new features probably something unique, so it worth upgrading phone ?!
ii have no complains on hardware yet though, happy with my Mi2S regarding that

For me, specs are 'gimmick'. Because most applications now are running smoothly even with mid-range hardware (my Mi-2A with dual core processor can run everything). Technology now is developing fast and whatever phone do you use in 5 month, you will felt behind.

I'm more interested in software development.

I agree on that. I often find myself tempted to check out new phones but in the end come back to my MI2 simply because official miui offers me so much other phones simply can't deliver.

Software is the way to go here, not hardware.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk

Alot of Xiaomi fans comes from the smooth and all-in-one MIUI android system, maybe some other brand have better specs, but they dont have an unique MIUI.

I try some recent flagships like Nexus 5, G2, Oppo N1 ... (before MWC 2014), but they sound nothing different at all =)). Official Xiaomi devices + official MIUI still the best :D.

By the way, I dont want Xiaomi Spread too much, cause when they have too many devices around the world, how could they manage their quality of hardwares and softwares.

Last edited:
Reactions: ingbrzy
Infact it looks like to me that they are loosing the old & new customers already...
Their Mi3 is doing not so well i guess. There is a price reduction already ! that too within 2 months of its stock availability !
Hmm... something is fishy there...

Personally, I think MIUI is the reason for me to choose Xiaomi phones

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Infact it looks like to me that they are loosing the old & new customers already...
Their Mi3 is doing not so well i guess. There is a price reduction already ! that too within 2 months of its stock availability !
Hmm... something is fishy there...
Infact, It Mi3 still good, very good :D

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

My reason for buying my mi2s was and is the quality and size. That is what made it different from other brands for me.
Imo the mi3 is one of many. There are too many phones out there that are alike.
Give me a mi2s with lte and I would swap my current one for it.

To be able to be competitive xiaomi has to make sure to keep a top notch normal size phone.
Especially with all other vendors supplying ace specs, but mostly with absurd huge phones. If I wanted a big screen I would buy a laptop or iPad.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 2SC met Tapatalk

Reactions: qbert456
Xiaomi is getting big.
But not so big as the company's below
Apple
Samsung
LG
Huwai
HTC
etc

That are company's that are big in name and software/hardware world :) Especialy Apple and samsung with there own CPU's.
Where Xiaomi is waiting for Mediatek or Nvidia/Qualcomm like the other company's it will always be an issue for Xiaomi to get the earopean marked/ American market.

When you ask people on the street, do you know Xiaomi manafacture, 9/10 people will say wtfuuuu is that for name or something atleast here in europe or america.

I don't really get the problem.
Phones are always evolving
If you really want top edge technology you need to switch phones every 6 months.

I am pleased by Xiaomi phones.
They are well build and affordable.
I am never going to spend more then €400,- for a phone ever again.

No offense but I think this is a opinion matter.
That you feel your Mi2S is old fashioned is more an opinion than a fact.

I don't say Xiaomi is perfect. Mi3 WCDMA was just too late.
Their closed source, lazy to globalisation attitude is bad and really pisses me off sometimes.

But they do good things too, stuff other vendors could learn from.
Weekly/Monthly updates. Good affordable products etc.
I don't need 6 device releases every year from Xiaomi.
My Mi2 is working just fine for another year.
But as I said before: all opinions
And everyone is free to have an opinion.

If your Mi2S isn't suiting you anymore, just get another device I would say :)

Ha Ha Ha... Guys why are you people overreacting to what i am trying to convey ?
Am i telling you all that i am going to ban Xiaomi phone sales or close the factory ?
All i am saying is that other than Hardware thing & MIUI to some extent, Xiaomi phones are awkwardly designed except MI3 i feel so.
That's my personal opinion.
If i am not allowed to express my opinions & if you don't like it, then fine i wont do it. It is upto you all. I am not here as a reformer of Xiaomi or anyone be it the matter.
All i am saying is there are other companies who are listening to consumers better than Xiaomi do both before & after producing a phone. And they are giving the advantage of both software & hardware combination. That is more than what a smartphone user can ask for these days...
And @redmaner; pls come out of the illusion that combination of best config & best looking phone need not be so costly ( atleast not over 400 EUROS in your case)....
I have nothing more to say. I tried to focus you guys on what XIaomi is not doing & what it could have done. But you all seems to take it in a negative way... It is my mistake to open a thread like this where no one understands you intention.

Enjoy your Xiaomi devices as you were doing previously.... Never mind.

Man, if you say "Nightamre for Xiaomi" we can't take it in a very possitive way. I really don't know what more could you expect from Xiaomi, and that is offered by other companies.

Ha Ha Ha... Guys why are you people overreacting to what i am trying to convey ?
Am i telling you all that i am going to ban Xiaomi phone sales or close the factory ?
All i am saying is that other than Hardware thing & MIUI to some extent, Xiaomi phones are awkwardly designed except MI3 i feel so.
If i am not allowed to express my opinions & if you don't like it, then fine i wont do it. It is upto you all. I am not here as a reformer of Xiaomi or anyone be it the matter.
All i am saying is there are other companies who are listening to consumers better than Xiaomi do both before & after producing a phone. And they are giving the advantage of both software & hardware combination. That is more than what a smartphone user can ask for these days...
And @redmaner; pls come out of the illusion that combination of best config & best looking phone need not be so costly ( atleast not over 400 EUROS in your case)....
I have nothing more to say. I tried to focus you guys on what XIaomi is not doing & what it could have done. But you all seems to take it in a negative way... It is my mistake to open a thread like this where no one understands you intention.

I don't think everyone take it in a negative way with your opinion. In fact, redmaner posted this

But as I said before: all opinions
And everyone is free to have an opinion.

The thing is, in 5 month like you said, every smartphone of course will got fall behind with the latest flagship phones. I don't think releasing new phone when new SoC comes out is Xiaomi's way (I think Samsung did this way). I'm think Xiaomi is like Apple, they rarely release new phones but focus on the development on all their device (even Mi-One still got weekly updates).

Man, if you say "Nightamre for Xiaomi" we can't take it in a very possitive way. I really don't know what more could you expect from Xiaomi, and that is offered by other companies.
Of course, because Xiaomi was so good, i bought my Mi2S 32GB, but unfortunately they are falling behind in technology to come up with new & innovative ideas. That is where i am feeling bad. Thats all. Try to understand my emotions guys...
I hope you all don't treat me as a traitor & troller.
Thanks for replying.

Nothing has been released since I bought my mi2 that's made me need to get a new phone... Dual sim will probably be what I miss but otherwise this phone is doing fine...

I can't get used to it as a BB10 and iOS user...

Then get used to it lol. When people say 'I can't get used to this OS or that OS' I wonder what they mean. People get used to OS's after a while. They just say they don't because they are in favour for what they are used to.

Then get used to it lol. When people say 'I can't get used to this OS or that OS' I wonder what they mean. People get used to OS's after a while. They just say they don't because they are in favour for what they are used to.
Agree, but I don't actually want to... BlackBerry OS 10, MIUI v5 and iOS 7 are enough for me. Don't want to change anymore, at least not now...

Reactions: RobinHood00

LOL. Manohar, manohar.... :D