No contact photos in Messaging (11.19)

pakraider

Members
Nov 11, 2010
Using 11.19 English pack 2e on the N1..

There seems to be a bug in 11.19 that wasn't present before. The Messaging app shows no contact photos, neither in the conversation list nor in the threads themselves.

Tried a few times, the problem still exists.. the photos show up just fine in the Contacts app, so something must be up with Messaging..

btw, all of my photos are coming via Facebook (native Facebook sync), if that makes a difference. are yours from Facebook, or from Google contacts?

Yeah, it seems to be a common problem. Facebook have synced the contact pictures cause they show up inside contacts.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Same problem here on the Incredible. Pics show in the contact app just not in messaging unless the pic is from gchat or manually added.

Also, not related, but time stamp issues are there in the messaging apply as well. May use handcent until theyre fixed as those are the only issues I've seen.
Sent from my ADR6300

Just to point out.. this is a new issue with 11.19.. it worked just fine in previous updates.

same issue here with incredible.. would it be possible to just flash the previous messaging apk then if this was not an issue before the update?

I am running the first release of 11.19 for my EVO. No problems at all with the photo contacts.

were your contacts sync'd with facebook? to reiterate what some have mentioned already: my contacts' photos which are from facebook show up in the contact list, but not in the messages list or thread.