Not rooted but: "Magisk Detected by App"

Salasar

Members
Jul 12, 2024
Hey Folks,

Device: Poco F3 (alioth) HyperOS 1.0.6.0.
For a while now I've been getting the message from an app (SwissID, government online ID):

"REF: 7144:B660 2400000 Magisk Detected by App".

My device is neither rooted nor do I have Magisk installed, at least I can't remember doing so. The only clue I've found is TWRP, which offers the option of installing Magisk. Does anyone have any idea what this could be or what I could do to find out the reason for this error message? I can't use the app because it closes immediately after the message appears.

All banking apps and GPay work flawlessly.

Another strange thing is the SafetyNet test, which somehow comes up 50/50. 10 tests = 5x passed / 5x failed

Attachments

• shared image (15).jpg
    shared image (15).jpg
    217 KB · Views: 37
  • shared image (16).jpg
    shared image (16).jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 38
If you have an unlocked bootloader, it may what this application is detecting. Maybe the easiest solution is to ask the creator of the application, they probably know more about their rules than we do.

Maybe the easiest solution is to ask the creator of the application, they probably know more about their rules than we do
I found a discussion in the GrapheneOs forum from people who had exactly the same problem. Apparently the developers of the app themselves don't know what they're doing or they just don't care if custom ROMs are recognized as false positives. You almost only get generic answers. So I thought maybe someone here has an idea