Nvram Backup (trying To Unlock Lte Bands)

thenext1

Members
Mar 9, 2016
Hello
I was experimenting with my Redmi Pro and the MAUI Meta tool to investigate whether the LTE band 20 (800 mhz) could be unlocked.
Unfortunately I touched something forbidden in the nvram and then the phone boots but says "baseband unknown" (no network), and I can't go back to MAUI Meta because it won't connect.
So I'm looking for a Nvram backup file from a stock Redmi Pro.
I don't know exactly how can you make a nvram backup, but this seems a likely way without messing too much with the phone:
https://androidmtk.com/backup-and-restore-imei-nvram

If anyone cares to try this, I would be highly grateful to him.
In the meantime i'll be using my Mi5, if I get the Redmi Pro going again I promise i'll be back to experiment in hacking more LTE bands on it.

thanks a lot

Come on, it's just a dump of the /nvram directory while rooted... please! Help me revive my phone...

Anyone wanting to help me can go to recovery (TWRP), go to advanced, file manager, and copy the file at this address ...
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/11230000.msdc0/by-name/nvram
... to the storage (/sdcard), and then reboot the phone and copy the file to your pc and send it to me.
No need to root!
Thanks!!!

hello, i have copy the file for you . this is from my redmi pro with twrp and ******** rom. where can i send you the file ? it is about 5 mo

Thanks Fabrice but I have already solved the problem.
By the way the required file was "nvdata", not "nvram".
It would be interesting to compare the nvram from our Redmi pro to the of Redmi Note 4. Because the radio in the Redmi pro sucks pretty bad, and maybe Xiaomi has configured it a little better in the Note 4.

People that can use SP Meta Tool and change the settings ,ould you check if this enables 5GHz?

1.- 'AP Editor'. Click on “read from NVRAM”, select the APDB file and click open.

2.- A tree will appear in the left side of the window. Expand “AP_CFG_RDEB_FILE_WIFI_LID”, select '1' and click on “read from NVRAM”.

3.- The right side of the window will now be populated. Change the values of ucSupport5GBand and ucEnable5GBand to 0×01. Click on “save to NVRAM”.

4.- Reboot and check WIFI APs...

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-09-13-20-39-231_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2017-01-09-13-20-39-231_com.android.settings.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,147
The WiFi chip used in Redmi Pro supports 2.4 GHz and by modifying the software the chip will overclock the frequency up-to 5GHz and then the Bandwidth will drop more than double. So, it's not usable, just work with 2.4 GHz or buy note 3 Pro.

... Any news on this topic? I really need to unlock more LTE Bands. H+ is just too slow in my country...

800mhz works fine on my Redmi Pro.

I get full 4g speeds using the giffgaff virtual network in the UK ( utilises o2 towers)

I haven't modified it in anyway at all Xioami stated that the phone would support 800mhz before release of the phone how ever it is ommited on all spec sheets.

How ever since o2 exclusively use 800mhz for 4g there is no doubt that it works.

I'll try and grab a screenshot next time I am in an area where I connect to 4g.

Edit : It won't let me upload the screen shot.

Last edited:
I've been searching on the web a method to unlock additional LTE Bands on our Redmi Pro. There's a lot of info on Qualcomm devices, but there's fewer support on MediaTek ones. In my research, I found that by modifying some lines on the source code you may get additional bands unlocked -particularly on the modem-. Fortunately I found the source code for MT6797 on the Vernee Apollo Lite. I have no clue on how to use this information, but I'm shure we will find someone that does know how to make this possible. Here are the links:

MEGA: https://mega.nz/#F!Zc0UHbRD!fXuLH7YhqFo6MDCWqFFkIQ
GitHub: https://github.com/MT6797?tab=repositories

REMEMBER: THIS IS FOR THE VERNEE APOLLO LITE, BUT IT HAS THE SAME MT6797 SoC AS THE REDMI PRO BUILT IN.

CHEERS!

Lost baseband and IMEI, rite?
Can't make calls!
- BaseBand: You need SP Tool MTK + FlashROM to use SPTool function is Format ALL & Download - it shows error-unsucessfully then you use Miflash to flash (make sure unlocked bootloader to make it works)
- IMEI: You need MAUI tool