Odd "Shutter" sound when pressing menu (Droid Incredible)

Allen

Members
Nov 12, 2010
This happens randomly, and only goes away if I reboot the phone. Basically, when I try to hit the menu button, I only hear a loud sound that's very similar to the camera shutter sound, and nothing happens. No menu pops up, only that loud sound.

Has anyone experienced this? Or does anyone have a fix? My phone is the Droid Incredible. Thanks.

Hi, I have experienced this too on my desire, i think it is the phone taking a screen shot. You would normally do this (on a desire) with volume down and menu. For some reason the volume down seems to 'stick' on and hence the screenshot is taken. I can normally clear it by turning the volume up and down a few times.

hope that helps.

Hi, I have experienced this too on my desire, i think it is the phone taking a screen shot. You would normally do this (on a desire) with volume down and menu. For some reason the volume down seems to 'stick' on and hence the screenshot is taken. I can normally clear it by turning the volume up and down a few times.

hope that helps.

I just checked my gallery and, sure enough, I have a TON of screenshots that I unknowingly took! Thank you very much for the help :)