Opening URLs inside an application

sweiss33

Members
Jul 27, 2013
Hi all.
I remember that in stock rom and other roms (for SGS 2) i had the option of choosing which app should handle a certain URL.
E. G. If I clicked on a youtube link, I was offered to open the link in either youtube application or the browser and so on.

However I can't seem to be able to get this functionality with miui, the browser automatically opens everything. I've tried resetting the default application but it doesn't seem to do anything. There is no default application set.

Is it possible to enable such a behavior?

It is a general problem in miui every 1 has it since 3.12.13 update.
This is really bad, i can't use youtube app when i press a link in twitter or whatsapp instead it opens the stupid browser

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Reactions: jauling
Yes, I have the same problem since I updated from some older version to 3.12.15
It is really annoying issue for browser links. I tried installing different versions of Chrome, disabling the standard Browser, but it still opens the YouTube links inside the Chrome Browser without asking to open it in YouTube App. I guess I will switch back to some 3.11.xx version until this problem gets solved.

Goto settings >> apps >> cached apps >> default app settings.
Here you can set default apps, set browser to chrome.
If you open a youtube link you will be asked which app to use, select youtube app.
These settings stay the same after every update so you don't have to freeze/delete the browser everytime you update