Phantom Touches, Ghost touches, Invisible finger

Do you have problem with phantom touches?

• Total voters
OT As I'm in Taiwan, right now, I was looking for the HTC one m8. It's cheaper than in Italy, but still expensive: 550€ the 32gb version.

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

No. Phantom touches are back. Downgrading GPU clock to 200MHz didn't help... :-(

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

I have phone for three weeks and no ghost touches,I think they fixed it.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

If so they violated GPL again, because didn't update the sources since the initial release.

It could be hardware error and I still have full backup of stock ROM,I can upload it if you want.

It could be hardware error and I still have full backup of stock ROM,I can upload it if you want.

I could download the stockrom myself but thx :p
I think they just don't care about GPL anymore since they never updated kernel sources nor added mi3 sources.
They won't make it to the international market this way(do they still want to?).

I could download the stockrom myself but thx :p
I think they just don't care about GPL anymore since they never updated kernel sources nor added mi3 sources.
They won't make it to the international market this way(do they still want to?).

But I did not get normal stock rom with phone,it was a bit different but yes they wont make it but they dont have,Asia market is a lot bigger than lets say EU and USA conbined.

Which type of stock rom do you have and why is it different?

They announced entering Europe last year that's why I mentioned this.

Which type of stock rom do you have and why is it different?

They announced entering Europe last year that's why I mentioned this.

Well it was really really plain and I noticed a update zip on root of sdcard,none of MIUI roms I installed afterwards were like it.

Hi there guys, new to the forum, old to the issue...
I've received my Mi2S in September 2013, and I've experienced this issue since the first configuration wizard with stock JLB.
Then I've had it with weekly updates, then WIUI. With CM 11 I've reduced the issue but the ghost it's still there sometimes...
Did anyone exeperienced the same "reduction" of the issue with CM 11?

I figured you'd answer like this...however, it's one one of the main reasons I decided to stick with CM instead of MIUI/WIUI...in these days it's happening more often than usually, but always lesser than MIUI...sometimes the phone even freezed and I had to reboot. Strange that many of us have the same problem and received the phone in Sept 2013...maybe the same batch? Is there a way to find the touchscreen manufacturer? If so we could do a thorough research...

I also mailed ibuygou since i bought 8 devices in total together with my friends and 2 of them have this issue. :)

I hope they respond well :)

I also made a topic on the official MIUI site: http://en.miui.com/thread-22105-1-1.html

A week later still no response from Ibuygou. Any way to contact Xiaomi and get waranty directly trough them?

I would replace the screen but how do I know what will be a good one if I buy it from ebay for example? Or do all screen revisions have this? Is there anyone that allready has a refurbished device?

So, its about 4 days since I've received my MI2s from ibuygou.. They changed the touch panel.
So far neither ghost touches or panel responsiveness loss was experienced. The only thing to notice is that I had to paid for shipping to both ends.
Shipping took about 3 days to China(as I had tracking number to monitor) and about 5 days from China (i had no tracking number so don't really know when they send it).
Period from [we got your device] to [device is fixed] took 8 days.

I don't know if this has been said before but I only get them when my touchscreen gets a little wet (a drop of water for example). Then I just wipe my screen clean and the ghost touch 'syndrome' is gone. :p

I sent 2 devices back to Ibuygou, mine touchscreen died completely :(

Dear Yoyo Teng,

No problem, it took me a while too to get them posted. (02/07/14)

I did as you asked I put them both in 1 box with bubble wrap, without the batteries and any other accessories but with the original back covers.

I described the package as a $20 (€25) MP3 player so you shouldn’t have to pay customs.

Tracking:

You can track the package on the Belgian post site. (It’s in English)

Trackingnumber: ************

http://www.bpost.be/track/

The package should be returned to:

Name: Dennis De Wolf

Street: ***********

City: ************

Postal code: ****

Problem description:

Both phones are labeled Syl and Dennis (me). Both are wiped and flashed to complete stock using Xiaomi’s official MIflash tool.

Mi Two JLB34.0 - MD5: 85e280d1048c8bd79c13affd863f3440

Syl – (IMEI: *******************)

The touchscreen sometimes stops responding or gives ghost touches.

The micro USB connector doesn’t work properly so the phone won’t charge.

The headphone jack does not work properly.

Dennis – (IMEI: *******************)

The touchscreen needs to be replaced, in the beginning it gave some ghost touches. With show touches on under development settings I could see them going past the whole screen. Sometimes the touchscreen wouldn't respond until I locked and unlocked the device. But now on stock MIUI it is completely unresponsive you can’t even get past the introduction screen.

Syl has the same problem but in an early stage.

There are 2 links with topics and details of the touchscreen problem in the prevous mail.

Could you let me know when you received them?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings

Dennis

The first time I saw this thread I've had no ghost touches, and I voted to NO. But later I got those ghost touches.

Hey guys, are there any of you who have returned their Mi2(s) for a screen replacement and got unfortunate again? (That is: ghost screen touches on the replacement.)

P.S. I got my phone in Sep 2013 and have ghost touches occasionally (quite annoying), I got another phone in Nov 2013 and that one is without problems. If I decide for the replacement, I would like to avoid a lottery...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ghost touch in recovery 6.0.4.8

Reactions: llision and Dizplay
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ghost touch in recovery 6.0.4.8
I also have those ghost touches in recovery.
I always can check what i want but i need to touch carefully.
Its realy annoying.

I'm ditching my Mi2S because of this defect. I cannot live with it anymore. Lately I'm experiencing a loss off touch sensitivity as well as ghost touches. Too bad, the phone is pretty awesome otherwise.

Probably faulty digitizer running wild. There are a lot Mi2s' affected by this. I bought two, one is still perfect, but the other constantly and randomly goes back to the homescreen as if the home button was pressed. It's annoying as hell, but ibuygou's service is non-existent.