Phone bricked? Xiaomi Redmi K30 Pro (LMI) in TWRP Bootloop -- Failed to mount '/system_root' --

Aleix

Members
Apr 3, 2017
I dont know where to post this since I've been trying to solve the problem all night, searching all over the Internet;

I'm going to explain the situation as simply as I can. In my device, the K30 Pro, after buying it and installing without problems the TWRP custom recovery, I began to install the beta versions of MIUI 12. This without any problem, I was updating as the weekly ones were posted, etc.
After a couple of days with the last version (20.9.17) and for personal issues, although I knew that this version was not definitive (many bugs and errors between functions) I decided to flash Magisk, because as I say I needed the root access. (I had not flashed magisk on this device until now).
I realized that versions 17 or 20.4 were not suitable for android 11, so I downloaded the latest version of 'Canary Magisk'. Here begins the crux of the matter...

Once flashed magisk, the device started correctly. I was 15 minutes with root access, I could give the permissions to the applications that requested it. I was quite calm because it seemed that everything had gone well. Immediately, after opening a couple of apps like the rootcheker, the magisk manager and a terminal app, all of them started to "collapse" (I don't know how to explain it because they basically started to close and not being able to access their data, as if the apps didn't exist, showing "com.xxxx. not..."). I restarted the device. Then, I was caught in a BOOTLOOP.

I can still access the TWRP, so I tried to make a copy of my Internal Storage (rename /data/media/ folder and backup data), in vain of course; The system was starting to give me failures about the partitions, something that I missed even more. I rebooted the device once more, and apparently now my entire file system was corrupted. I don't know what the correct term will be, but without doing anything, after some reboots and being ina bootloop caused by rooting flashing canaty magisk build,, inside the TWRP the internal partition appeared as 0 MB.
I tried to clean the partitions, repair the damaged file system (the Data partition now shows its total size after repairing and changing the file system -> ext4->FAT->...)... But now whatever I try I get the line:

"Failed to mount '/system_root' (No such file or directory)"

And... I don't really know what to do from that point on. I can't flash any ROM again or clean the device properly...
I'm sorry that this has remained as a text of more than 2000 words, but I hope that with all the information that I have given someone understand in what situation I am and can help me out of here, reinstall everything on my device, make a factory reset correctly (since I early assimilated the recovery of my internal storage files would not be possible..).

Thank you very much to those who take the trouble to at least read my problem. I expect an answer, right now this great community is my last hope

Translated with www.DeepL.com 'cause english is not my first languageee :D

Hi,

have you tried to format DATA partition (wipe / DATA / Yes) ?
Some TWRP releases are showing encripted partitions as corrupted.

If you still have access to fastboot, you can try to restore your system with genuine MIUI12 for Xiaomi (https://c.mi.com/global/miuidownload/index) and flash with XiaomiFlash tool.

Hi,

have you tried to format DATA partition (wipe / DATA / Yes) ?
Some TWRP releases are showing encripted partitions as corrupted.

If you still have access to fastboot, you can try to restore your system with genuine MIUI12 for Xiaomi (https://c.mi.com/global/miuidownload/index) and flash with XiaomiFlash tool.
Yes, before and after flashing each thing I did that, and the bootloop persisted. Now I have managed to flash from the PC program a PocoF2 Rom, downloaded from the page I have mentioned (other post), and it Booted

Original thread: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...p-bootloop-failed-to-mount-system_root.57493/