Phone Shuts Down Randomly

moshiachnow

Members
Jul 4, 2014
My Redmi Note 2 began shutting down randomly a few months ago. I was running MIUI on it then. Switching to Cyanogenmod 12.1 made it run a little better, but the shutting down thing kept happening. Now I have it on MIUI 8 but still, it shuts down whenever it likes to. This is independent on how charged the battery is.

Also, the battery can drain from fully charged to empty in about an hour. Sometimes. Other times it will last a few hours. And the battery is maybe a year old. I think.

Does anyone have any possible fixes for this?

Download better battery stats or wakelock detector. Charge your phone to 100% and leave it (overnight would be best since noone will send texts or call overnight - usually). GO into the before mentiond app and see what wakes your phone from deep sleep. Maybe an app might be a problem.

Download better battery stats or wakelock detector. Charge your phone to 100% and leave it (overnight would be best since no one will send texts or call overnight - usually). GO into the before mentioned app and see what wakes your phone from deep sleep. Maybe an app might be a problem.
This is a good idea. Thanks. Will report back, G-d willing, after getting results.

I installed Wakelock Detector, but didn't discover anything. So I did a factory reset and started adding apps one by one until I found one that caused the phone to crash. I think the offending app might have been Tumblr. Tumblr and Facebook both seem to cause the battery to drain crazy fast, so I uninstalled both of them, and so far its running OK.

Figured it was an app. Don't use tumbler or facebook app. For face i use "Swipe for facebook" app, i can send messages without the messenger app too and a lot less permissions. Like the old facebook.
If your phone is rooted i suggest downloading Greenify app, it keeps apps hibernated. Also if you have any task killer, uninstall it, they are just a waste of ram and battery.

i had the same issue first i updated my phone rooted and installed xposed and never had any problems

Have the same problem... having to run the phone off an external battery until a replacement arrives. I'd have bought a new non-Xiaomi phone instead of buying a new battery. From the experience of 3 phones now they are physically worn out after 11 months. If that lifetime is ok with you (and environmental conscience) then fine, but don't throw more money after bad.

Old thread xiaoshite.

I ordered a NOHON battery for my RN2 about 6months ago. SOT around 3-4h depending whati do with the phone.
It is showing signs of extensive lag, but i have been using it for 3.5years. Still a kicking ass simple phone that will get the job done.