Phonecalls during navigation.

Obelixer

Members
Aug 28, 2016
Hi, is there a setting somewhere that keeps (Google maps) on screen while you get an incoming phonecall ?? The "phone screen" overtakes the navigation and during call it goes even into screensaver (black). It should imho after a few seconds of showing the caller ID go back to navigation. Since it's forbidden to operate your phone while driving I would like to keep that to a minimum, now I have to unlock the phone again and select maps again. Is this even MIU related or more Android 9 ?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 8 met Tapatalk

I find that using Android Auto (can be downloaded on the play store) is best when using my phone as a GPS. If you answer a call it'll remain on the call screen but as soon as the call end, it'll revert back to the GPS and the phone won't enter sleep mode.

Envoyé de mon MI 8 en utilisant Tapatalk

For that reason I use Waze to navigate.
In this app is a switch to go back in foreground while phone calls.

Gesendet von meinem BTV-DL09 mit Tapatalk

I find that using Android Auto (can be downloaded on the play store) is best when using my phone as a GPS. If you answer a call it'll remain on the call screen but as soon as the call end, it'll revert back to the GPS and the phone won't enter sleep mode.

Envoyé de mon MI 8 en utilisant Tapatalk
Thanks, but searching for "Android auto" in Playstore seems to be about connectivity between phone and your car screen. I solely use the phones screen.

Guess it's not Android related since I updated to Android 10 and still have the same effect.
There should be a setting to force the navigation app on the foreground (eyefone shows the caller ID in the top edge and keeps the road map open)