Phone's USB broken?

evoFLAMB

Members
Mar 20, 2013
Hello there,
after three months, I've decided to ask about one thing: if you plug Mi2 in to PC or to socket, does Mi2 vibrate instantly with info that you are connected or after some delay (like ~1 second)? And what about when the phone is plugged to PC - is it normal, that copying files over WiFi is faster than with data cable? I would like to know this. There is no problem with cable - if I connect other phones, they give me info instantly.

Don't tell me to do factory reset, flash or any other thing - I've done it many times before, phone reacts just as same as I got it.

Thank you for your information.

Sent while riding a lawn-mower with Nokia 3310

the delay is Normal, vibration is removed from recent MIUI releases.
Copying from WiFi will never be faster than 3,200Kb/s but USB can reach up to 24,576Kb/s

Try another cable and another PC, and please note that small files need more time and a very slow speed if you're using normal HDD
and not SSD.
try to move a 200MB file and make a test on your PC and a friends PC.

Good luck

I will try it. Thanks for advice. I never tried to copy files via USB, I was too lazy. And now, if I want to browse phone's files via USB on PC, it takes long time till all the files appear.

Sent while riding a lawn-mower with Nokia 3310

Taking a while to load files is normal on all MTP devises.
I had Galaxy Nexus, iPhone5, and Xiaomi Mi2 and they all have MTP connection and they all need a while to load files and folders

Over time, your phones socket will tend to loosen up so pretty much any cable won't fit snug. It's pretty daunting, I myself have to endure a continuous reign of cable-slipping-out syndrome.

Cleaned it out with a sharpened toothpick and everything - yes there was a fair bit of dust build up, but that barely resolved the ever so unavoidable problem.

edit: Forgot to mention it seems pretty exclusive to Mi2. :(
Not sure if the manufacturers used tin as the alloy for the socket, or what.

What a shame, a top spec phone for decent money. Then they go and use cheap bits..
I fear this could be a short life phone furthermore if it ends up being badly made of low durability parts it will be the last (and first) xiaomi phone I buy.

Its how manufacturers get a bad name doing things like that.

I'd love to get rid of the MTP as I can't install drivers on the PCs I use at work. Is there any chance to add normal MSC to the wishlist for Miui? Is there any rom that has MSC?

I'd love to get rid of the MTP as I can't install drivers on the PCs I use at work. Is there any chance to add normal MSC to the wishlist for Miui? Is there any rom that has MSC?
Would really like to have an answer for this.