Phone's USB broken?

Mar 20, 2013
Hello there,
after three months, I've decided to ask about one thing: if you plug Mi2 in to PC or to socket, does Mi2 vibrate instantly with info that you are connected or after some delay (like ~1 second)? And what about when the phone is plugged to PC - is it normal, that copying files over WiFi is faster than with data cable? I would like to know this. There is no problem with cable - if I connect other phones, they give me info instantly.

Don't tell me to do factory reset, flash or any other thing - I've done it many times before, phone reacts just as same as I got it.

Thank you for your information.

Sent while riding a lawn-mower with Nokia 3310

Jul 22, 2012
the delay is Normal, vibration is removed from recent MIUI releases.
Copying from WiFi will never be faster than 3,200Kb/s but USB can reach up to 24,576Kb/s

Try another cable and another PC, and please note that small files need more time and a very slow speed if you're using normal HDD
and not SSD.
try to move a 200MB file and make a test on your PC and a friends PC.

Good luck

Mar 20, 2013
I will try it. Thanks for advice. I never tried to copy files via USB, I was too lazy. And now, if I want to browse phone's files via USB on PC, it takes long time till all the files appear.

Sent while riding a lawn-mower with Nokia 3310

Jul 22, 2012
Taking a while to load files is normal on all MTP devises.
I had Galaxy Nexus, iPhone5, and Xiaomi Mi2 and they all have MTP connection and they all need a while to load files and folders

Feb 5, 2013
Over time, your phones socket will tend to loosen up so pretty much any cable won't fit snug. It's pretty daunting, I myself have to endure a continuous reign of cable-slipping-out syndrome.

Cleaned it out with a sharpened toothpick and everything - yes there was a fair bit of dust build up, but that barely resolved the ever so unavoidable problem.

edit: Forgot to mention it seems pretty exclusive to Mi2. :(
Not sure if the manufacturers used tin as the alloy for the socket, or what.

Feb 20, 2013
What a shame, a top spec phone for decent money. Then they go and use cheap bits..
I fear this could be a short life phone furthermore if it ends up being badly made of low durability parts it will be the last (and first) xiaomi phone I buy.

Its how manufacturers get a bad name doing things like that.

L2GX

Members
Jun 18, 2013
I'd love to get rid of the MTP as I can't install drivers on the PCs I use at work. Is there any chance to add normal MSC to the wishlist for Miui? Is there any rom that has MSC?