Planning to buy a Mi11 Pro (Chinese) asking for feeback

StefanoA

Members
Oct 8, 2013
I've seen the same question but dated way back so I'd like to ask again here for updated feebacks:

I'm thinking to buy a Mi 11 Pro in china (I understand it was never launched in global version) then unlock it and flash xiaomi.eu rom on it

Can some actual owner recommend it? Comment on the general operation of this phone (very few reviews out there) such as battery life, camera's experience,
stability and overall functioning with xiaomi.eu ROM, Google services/apps, payment/bank apps, GPS/navigation, overheating specially when putting a case on, fingerprint unlock, audio, all camera's results, connectivity over 4G mainly (and perhaps 5G later)

I don't need anything special just looking for a good balance between cost, specs, cameras performances, overall operation smoothness and reasonable battery life for a device to be uses for several years

Since the 12 familiy is out now the price of 11pro dropped and thus it looks interesting to me but I'm worried by its little diffusion everywhere, specially outside china.

I've been using a Mi8 in the same manner for 3 years now and I've been reasonably satisfied overall

thanks to everyone in advance for your reply

I've seen the same question but dated way back so I'd like to ask again here for updated feebacks:

I'm thinking to buy a Mi 11 Pro in china (I understand it was never launched in global version) then unlock it and flash xiaomi.eu rom on it

Can some actual owner recommend it? Comment on the general operation of this phone (very few reviews out there) such as battery life, camera's experience,
stability and overall functioning with xiaomi.eu ROM, Google services/apps, payment/bank apps, GPS/navigation, overheating specially when putting a case on, fingerprint unlock, audio, all camera's results, connectivity over 4G mainly (and perhaps 5G later)

I don't need anything special just looking for a good balance between cost, specs, cameras performances, overall operation smoothness and reasonable battery life for a device to be uses for several years

Since the 12 familiy is out now the price of 11pro dropped and thus it looks interesting to me but I'm worried by its little diffusion everywhere, specially outside china.

I've been using a Mi8 in the same manner for 3 years now and I've been reasonably satisfied overall

thanks to everyone in advance for your reply
You'll be disappointed with the camera, but everything else works well. I been liking it so far. Rear display doesn't do much either.

You'll be disappointed with the camera, but everything else works well. I been liking it so far. Rear display doesn't do much either.
Really? Are you talking about the main rear camera?
It is actually one of main reasons I'm interested in it because it's a large sensor (one of largest in any smartphone actually) and should be the same as the ULTRA version which got very good reviews about photos quality

The 11 pro doesn't have rear display, maybe you're talking about the ultra

Really? Are you talking about the main rear camera?
It is actually one of main reasons I'm interested in it because it's a large sensor (one of largest in any smartphone actually) and should be the same as the ULTRA version which got very good reviews about photos quality

The 11 pro doesn't have rear display, maybe you're talking about the ultra
Yeah ultra sorry. Still. You could have all the sensor you want and have software that doesn't use it well

Yeah ultra sorry. Still. You could have all the sensor you want and have software that doesn't use it well
sure, software is very critical and xiaomi is not famous to be very accurate/careful about it..
can you tell me what makes you unhappy with your photos? perhaps post some sample I can look at, I'm quite curious

and about battery life what's your opinion: is it good enough for a normal day?

sure, software is very critical and xiaomi is not famous to be very accurate/careful about it..
can you tell me what makes you unhappy with your photos? perhaps post some sample I can look at, I'm quite curious

and about battery life what's your opinion: is it good enough for a normal day?
Camera is good enough if you don't compare it to s21 ultra, Pixel or iPhone. Everything else works well tho. Once flashed to eu from China rom notifications are perfect. Battery life is good, but I don't really pay close attention since the charge time is really quick.

I see
thanks for your feedback :emoji_thumbsup:

I wanna wait to see how are the reviews of 12X come out,
the 12 and 12 pro seem to be too hot and pricey now and I don't see any other real improvement compared to 11 pro

I don't fully agree with Azriel.

The first thing I'll say is, if you're flashing a Xiaomi.EU ROM, stick to the Android 11 roms.
The MIUI 13 Android 12 ROMS introduce too many bugs, shorten the battery life etc and in my opinion add nothing of much use.

Battery life - really great.
Camera - I actually find this excellent (the main sernsor) and the periscope is useful on occasion - I think the wide angle lens is a bit rubbish. Low-light photos are astonishing, I think you'll find it a significant jump from the MI8. Video stabilisation and quality from the main camera is great.

General performance and stability has been great. Radio connectivity (3/4/5G) has been some of the best I've had with any phone, as has the WiFi (another reason not to go the the A12 ROMS.....)

I can't comment about overheating, as I don't do hardcore gaming, but it's never gotten more than warm in my hands. I use a lot of navigation/GPS, streaming video and audio, Teams and DUO calls, taking pics and video etc, along with the normal browsing on a day to day basis.

All the google services work as you'd expect, as do the banking apps (as long as you make sure you've deleted the TWRP folder after flashing a ROM/Update, obvs doesn't apply if you've only flashed one of the few earlier fastboot only ROMS, or later and not recommended A12 ROMS)
I use google pay all the time and my banking apps all work properly (Santander, Barclays and Monzo). Santander had issues if I forgot to delete TWRP after updating.

Audio is good (type-c to 3.5mm doesn't come in the box), works well enough with the adapter that came with your MI8 - I used that exact one, before my Zorloo Ztella arrived. Bluetooth audio works well (Xiaomi FlipBuds Pro, EarFun Free Pro, Soundcore Life Q30, RHA MA750 wireless).

Finger-print unlock is poor, the worst I've used on any phone.

Size-wise, I wish it was the same size as the MI8 (but thicker to accomodate a big battery). It's a bit unwieldy!

Also, don't drop it! I did a few months ago - I needed to replace the back (£36GBP + delivery) and the screen/frame (£242GBP + delivery) to repair.

Reactions: Azriel

The first thing I'll say is, if you're flashing a Xiaomi.EU ROM, stick to the Android 11 roms.
The MIUI 13 Android 12 ROMS introduce too many bugs, shorten the battery life etc and in my opinion add nothing of much use.

Camera - I actually find this excellent (the main sernsor) and the periscope is useful on occasion - I think the wide angle lens is a bit rubbish. Low-light photos are astonishing, I think you'll find it a significant jump from the MI8. Video stabilisation and quality from the main camera is great.

General performance and stability has been great. Radio connectivity (3/4/5G) has been some of the best I've had with any phone, as has the WiFi (another reason not to go the the A12 ROMS.....)

I can't comment about overheating, as I don't do hardcore gaming, but it's never gotten more than warm in my hands. I use a lot of navigation/GPS, streaming video and audio, Teams and DUO calls, taking pics and video etc, along with the normal browsing on a day to day basis.

All the google services work as you'd expect, as do the banking apps (as long as you make sure you've deleted the TWRP folder after flashing a ROM/Update, obvs doesn't apply if you've only flashed one of the few earlier fastboot only ROMS, or later and not recommended A12 ROMS)
I use google pay all the time and my banking apps all work properly (Santander, Barclays and Monzo). Santander had issues if I forgot to delete TWRP after updating.

Audio is good (type-c to 3.5mm doesn't come in the box), works well enough with the adapter that came with your MI8 - I used that exact one, before my Zorloo Ztella arrived. Bluetooth audio works well (Xiaomi FlipBuds Pro, EarFun Free Pro, Soundcore Life Q30, RHA MA750 wireless).

Size-wise, I wish it was the same size as the MI8 (but thicker to accomodate a big battery). It's a bit unwieldy!

Also, don't drop it! I did a few months ago - I needed to replace the back (£36GBP + delivery) and the screen/frame (£242GBP + delivery) to repair.
Excellent reply. I am on miui13 camera is subject to personal preference. So far no overheating for me. Fingerprint scanner works great after updating rom.

Thank you Jimac,
very interesting report and advices, pity for the fingerprint reader (although for Azriel seems to be fine)

I'm planning to put it in a protective cover and I'm aware it's quite chunky
let's see... I want to see the reviews of the 12x first, it should be a bit smaller and lighter and if cameras and battery life are good enough it could be a good alternative even though I believe the 11 pro has overall better quality and interesting price now