Plz help me Port MIUI v4 to I9003

Mar 21, 2012
Hello everybody,
First of all my heartfelt gratitude to Team MIUI, MIUIAndroid, MarkHuk, iBotPeeches and all. Thanks for your awesome work.

I am trying to port MIUI v4 to Galaxy SL I9003 but getting stuck at boot animation. I am following Proxuser guide here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1499411
Here are the logs.
Plz help me with this project !

Thanks !

Attachments

Mar 21, 2012
Hi iBotPeeches,
Thanks for your reply and guidance.
I checked the link but understood little. I am now searching Google for guide on patchRom. I will be thankful if you could share some link for the same.
I think I need to patch few files in framework folder but google gave no answer and I could not understand logcat error much.
I just want to give my fellow i9003 users The Best ROM in the World(MIUI Android).

Thank you again !

Jun 19, 2011
Hi iBotPeeches,
Thanks for your reply and guidance.
I checked the link but understood little. I am now searching Google for guide on patchRom. I will be thankful if you could share some link for the same.
I think I need to patch few files in framework folder but google gave no answer and I could not understand logcat error much.
I just want to give my fellow i9003 users The Best ROM in the World(MIUI Android).

Thank you again !
All the best mate. This will make my girlfriend very happy :)

iBotPeaches

Script Gatekeeper
Oct 31, 2011
Instructions for porting, once PatchRom is setup.

Porting new device
------------------

Asssumed current directory is patchrom and you want to port miui to a new android device xblade

Prerequiste:
(1) Your device has root privilege or a rooted kernel(preferred)

(2) Your device can flash ZIP from recovery(ext4 or CWM recovery is preferred)

Workflow:

(1) connect your device to PC, ensure adb works

(2) run the following commands

. build/envsetup.sh

mkdir xblade

cd xblade

adb reboot recovery

../tools/releasetools/ota_target_from_phone -r (this will generate a stockrom.zip, flash this zip in recovery mode to ensure it works)

cp ../honor/makefile .(modify the local-zip-file to stockrom.zip, read the comments in makefile)

make workspace

make firstpatch (this will add the miui code into framework/android.policy/services.jar, resolve any conflict)

make fullota

Now you can get your own miui ROM, enjoy it!

Mar 21, 2012
Got delayed due to some unexpected travelling.
Anyways, I set up PatchROM and facing a problem. I have setup git and synced the repo 3 times now but still I don't find envsetup.sh
Is every sync is of 886.8 Mbs ??? Thats huge......

Plz advice !

Thanks !

Mar 21, 2012
Then the repo isn't be init-ed correctly. Make sure you repo sync from the directory for which the files reside.
Sir,
I will be glad if you could give me exact commands.
I created a PatchROM directory, cd to it, gave repo command and then repo sync. 886.8 Mb data download but not required files :(

Ready to do it all again. if you would kindly give exact commands :)
Thanking you once again !

iBotPeaches

Script Gatekeeper
Oct 31, 2011
Sir,
I will be glad if you could give me exact commands.
I created a PatchROM directory, cd to it, gave repo command and then repo sync. 886.8 Mb data download but not required files :(

Ready to do it all again. if you would kindly give exact commands :)
Thanking you once again !
Those were the right commands :/

Very strange.