Poco F2 Pro few questions about TWRP and ROOT

studiovpc

Members
Sep 13, 2020
So guys I just got my Poco F2 Pro and I am annoyed by the lack of MIUI dialer and stock messages app. Main reason why I want to flash from Global rom to xiaomi.eu rom... and of course obviously all the other benefits :)

So while I wait the stupid 368h for bootloader unlock I have a few questions, as I can't find proper info about it.

Steps for flashing the rom, are, as I got it:

1. Unlock bootloader
2. Flash TWRP
3. ROOT with Magisk (do I even need to root or is this optional, asking for security reasons)
4. Flash EU rom (wipe data, cache and dalvik, just not system partition)

If you have any other suggestions I am all open ears :)
Maybe there is a solution to flash MI Dialer and messages (I have read it somewhere that it's possible with Magisk modules)

Oh and one other thing, after flashing EU rom, is the name of the phone displayed as Poco F2 Pro or Redmi K30 Pro? I will be flashing 12.0.8 Stable version rom

Thanks guys!

Reactions: Dazeon
hello friend, flashing the magisk is optional
and after having the xiaomi.eu
when I turn on the mobile it comes out as k30 pro
and the flashing is as follows
1} pass the rom, magisk {optional} and the dfe to the pendrive that will go in the otg device
2} start the mobile in recovery mode
3} first make format data yes
4} then restart the recovery
5} then do all the wipes except the otg
6} then install the rom .eu
7} then you install the dfe
8} then magisk if it is the case
9} and finally reboot system and ready you wait for it to boot.
and enjoy it.
If you do it as such step by step you will not have any kind of proble

Reactions: studiovpc
hello friend, flashing the magisk is optional
and after having the xiaomi.eu
when I turn on the mobile it comes out as k30 pro
and the flashing is as follows
1} pass the rom, magisk {optional} and the dfe to the pendrive that will go in the otg device
2} start the mobile in recovery mode
3} first make format data yes
4} then restart the recovery
5} then do all the wipes except the otg
6} then install the rom .eu
7} then you install the dfe
8} then magisk if it is the case
9} and finally reboot system and ready you wait for it to boot.
and enjoy it.
If you do it as such step by step you will not have any kind of proble

Where to download DFE?

Regrading the wipe, I should not wipe system partition, right?

Thanks guys, I just need to hold for 7 days waiting period to unlock the bootloader first...

So guys I just got my Poco F2 Pro and I am annoyed by the lack of MIUI dialer and stock messages app. Main reason why I want to flash from Global rom to xiaomi.eu rom... and of course obviously all the other benefits :)

So while I wait the stupid 368h for bootloader unlock I have a few questions, as I can't find proper info about it.

Steps for flashing the rom, are, as I got it:

1. Unlock bootloader
2. Flash TWRP
3. ROOT with Magisk (do I even need to root or is this optional, asking for security reasons)
4. Flash EU rom (wipe data, cache and dalvik, just not system partition)

If you have any other suggestions I am all open ears :)
Maybe there is a solution to flash MI Dialer and messages (I have read it somewhere that it's possible with Magisk modules)

Oh and one other thing, after flashing EU rom, is the name of the phone displayed as Poco F2 Pro or Redmi K30 Pro? I will be flashing 12.0.8 Stable version rom

Thanks guys!
I'm in the same boat, I have to wait until next Sunday!

I'm not bothered about the MIUI dialer though, I prefer the official Google stuff, but I do like quite a lot of the features in MIUI. I just really hate the ads, bloatware, and the Security scanner app.

Sorry for the slight hijack, but can you use Google Phone and Contacts with the Xiaomi EU ROM? I have the 8/256GB variant in the UK.

Sent from my POCO F2 Pro using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat, I have to wait until next Sunday!

I'm not bothered about the MIUI dialer though, I prefer the official Google stuff, but I do like quite a lot of the features in MIUI. I just really hate the ads, bloatware, and the Security scanner app.

Sorry for the slight hijack, but can you use Google Phone and Contacts with the Xiaomi EU ROM? I have the 8/256GB variant in the UK.

Haahah Sunday here as well, 145h left... so bored

Regarding your question you want custom .eu rom and still use Google Dialer? I think you can download it from Play Store, I think, not 100% sure

Haahah Sunday here as well, 145h left... so bored

Regarding your question you want custom .eu rom and still use Google Dialer? I think you can download it from Play Store, I think, not 100% sure
Haha, it's so annoying isn't it! Alexa worked it out for me and added a reminder.

Yeah, exactly that! I want Magisk for Adblock, call recording and potentially some debloating. The custom EU ROM sounds like it has some great features too and the ads are removed! I'll grab them from the Play Store and try it out.

Thanks and best of luck!

Unlock wait period is over, finally UNLOCKED!
Flashed TWRP without a hitch, installed xiaomi.eu Android 10 rom did not want to bother with 11 until it's fully stable.
So far extremely happy

Reactions: Dazeon
Unlock wait period is over, finally UNLOCKED!
Flashed TWRP without a hitch, installed xiaomi.eu Android 10 rom did not want to bother with 11 until it's fully stable.
So far extremely happy
Hey, I'm still trying to find the time to do mine!

Which TWRP did you use? I think I have the right one (see screenshot)! Then it's basically 'fastboot flash recovery twrp.img', right? All my ADB/fastboot stuff is working and I have an OTG device.

I think I'll stick with the Android 10 build too, for now. I think I have the latest stable build ready (screenshot).

I've done all this before but I'm pretty nervous with a £379 device, and it's been a while!
bda2ff564c9183b1cc12744c456872ca.jpg
447d78edbc134efa717b21af1bc0a445.jpg

recovery the newer one called TWRP_lmi.img that;s newer version
ROM if you want android 10 then 12.0.8.0 version, download for HMK30PRO

recovery the newer one called TWRP_lmi.img that;s newer version
ROM if you want android 10 then 12.0.8.0 version, download for HMK30PRO
Great, thanks!

Is there something wrong with the 12.1.2.0 release? That's the latest stable on Sourceforge, but not on the other official mirror.

Great, thanks!

Is there something wrong with the 12.1.2.0 release? That's the latest stable on Sourceforge, but not on the other official mirror.

it is Android 11 and from what I heard it's not quite stable yet...

Am I right in thinking there's no need for an OTG drive to flash a rom? You can go into TWRP and format data, then reboot back into TWRP and connect to PC with MTP and copy the rom zip over to flash from internal storage?

Am I right in thinking there's no need for an OTG drive to flash a rom? You can go into TWRP and format data, then reboot back into TWRP and connect to PC with MTP and copy the rom zip over to flash from internal storage?

Exactly how I did it

Reactions: dnaimad
I have one stupid question. As you know k30pro does not support 4G 20 band and poco f2 does. So will be any changes in signal quality after xiaomi.eu Rom on pocof2?

Because xiaomi without mi dialer has no sense to me

Išsiųsta naudojantis POCOPHONE F1 Tapatalk 4 Lt

I have one stupid question. As you know k30pro does not support 4G 20 band and poco f2 does. So will be any changes in signal quality after xiaomi.eu Rom on pocof2?

No changes, all mobile network bands allowed by the hardware will still be used in xiaomi.eu ROMs. ;)

Last edited:

Dialer, SMS and Mail app was my main reason to use this rom, apart from ADS... When I saw stock google dialer I was pissed, it looks like it's made by some kids not by a company such as Google.

Anyhow, I think I solved the issue with mail notification also, for some reason if I use 2 mail accounts (both Gmail accounts) in MiMail app, sync is buggy, notificaitons does not work, using just one, works flawlessly. But I think that one of my accounts is buggy, as it had a problem with PlayStore also (which I fixed)

For those wondering, disable battery power saver for Mail (use no restrictions), also check AUTOSTART... should be enough

Dialer, SMS and Mail app was my main reason to use this rom, apart from ADS... When I saw stock google dialer I was pissed, it looks like it's made by some kids not by a company such as Google.

Anyhow, I think I solved the issue with mail notification also, for some reason if I use 2 mail accounts (both Gmail accounts) in MiMail app, sync is buggy, notificaitons does not work, using just one, works flawlessly. But I think that one of my accounts is buggy, as it had a problem with PlayStore also (which I fixed)

For those wondering, disable battery power saver for Mail (use no restrictions), also check AUTOSTART... should be enough

Where i can download the lasted TWRP for Poco F2 Pro and how install it?