Poco F2 Pro Miui 11 Fingerprint sensor not active

Aug 19, 2020
Hey all. I'm new in town here and the F2 pro is my first Xiaomi phone. I have a history with OnePlus devices and did a lot of flashing on them.

I originally flashed the Miui12 zip for my phone, but I really want to use root so I tried flashing back to miui 11.

I formatted in TWRP, transfered the Miui 11 zip (v11.0.19) and magsik etc, flashed them both and everything has booted fine. My issue is the fingerprint sensor appears to be disabled somehow.

I checked the CIT menu and ran the fingerprint sensor check, and it told me "test fail NO FP". I'm a little lost. If anyone has any support if greatly appreciate it!

Bonus points to whomever can help me swap the back and recent buttons on the nav bar as well!

As a Dev posted here https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/weekly-confirmed-issues-faq.46800/post-447858 in the Frecuently Asked, maybe you should try that.
For the second question, try Setting > Addicional Settings > Show Full Display and select "Buttons" :)

First and foremost, thank you for your response!

Tried looking at the link, but didn't really find any solutions. However, I didn't realize that the stable MIUI 12 build was still Android 10 and not 11, so I'll flash that and should hopefully have magisk working for root. That was the main reason I even tried to flash the MIUI 11 zip.

Thank you for the help with the buttons. Couldn't find that anywhere!

Also, random question for you: every time I flash something in TWRP without wiping first it seems to lock down my storage. I think it's because it's encrypted. On my old OP3T you could decrypt the entire data partition which would allow you to easily flash / restore multiple roms. Is there any way to decrypt this phone to allow that? In the past few days I've been doing phone mods with this device I've had to format it in TWRP 4 or 5 times now.

Hey all. I'm new in town here and the F2 pro is my first Xiaomi phone. I have a history with OnePlus devices and did a lot of flashing on them.

I originally flashed the Miui12 zip for my phone, but I really want to use root so I tried flashing back to miui 11.

I formatted in TWRP, transfered the Miui 11 zip (v11.0.19) and magsik etc, flashed them both and everything has booted fine. My issue is the fingerprint sensor appears to be disabled somehow.

I checked the CIT menu and ran the fingerprint sensor check, and it told me "test fail NO FP". I'm a little lost. If anyone has any support if greatly appreciate it!

Bonus points to whomever can help me swap the back and recent buttons on the nav bar as well!

I have the same prioblem ,I lost my fingerprint too! what to do now how to fix it please help????

Attachments

• 120298358_374302090427814_4580990973797475724_n.jpg
    120298358_374302090427814_4580990973797475724_n.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 801
Reactions: nazfalas