Invalid Poco F4 5G (munch) cameras swapped, restarts when using camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadRocketeer

Members
Dec 13, 2021
I have the new Poco F4 (non GT), AKA Redmi K40s/munch. Running stable 13.0.10, but the same was with 13.0.7

When using built-in camera app, it seems to swap the front and rear cameras: by default it shows the selfie camera instead of main one, and also the options are swapped: i.e. it's not possible to zoom in and out using back cameras, but when in selfie mode it displays the 0.6x, 1.0x and 2.0x options. The AI mode is only available on selfie camera. Whenever I switch to Pro mode, it says "cannot connect to camera" and closes the app.
Also, when trying to take pictures directly in apps like Messenger, the whole device becomes laggy, and restarts within a minute.
Could it be that the camera sensors are mixed up in the K40s ROM (the F4 is almost identical except for the cameras)?

I have downloaded *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* app and it defaults to the back camera, but no idea if that helps with everything else or not.

Have you flashed the rebuilt 13.0.10.0 ROM? There was no sensormodule library for POCO F4 camera, so it wasn't working, but it should work now...

Status
Not open for further replies.