New POCO F5 PRO call problems

Strange action of Poco F5 Pro (12/256 eeu; xiaomi.eu). I inserted 1 card from Orange Flex region Poland, calls went out normally. I thought it was fixed, and I changed to two cards from Orange and Plus and the network error appeared again

Reactions: Jacometto
Yes, there are many of us (all the users of a Poco F5 PRO with stable or weekly .EU) who have had to put the Global, because we cannot be without the calls.

Is the K60 really the exact same phone as the F5 PRO...?

I think the solution will be for the .EU devs to separate the versions of K60 and F5PRO...

When you Tell me how to get the logs, I can provide them.
Yes please, highly appreciated..follow the guide link below:

Reactions: Birraque
Yes please, highly appreciated..follow the guide link below:

This is what I found in the logfiles: android.app.RemoteServiceException$CannotDeliverBroadcastException: can't deliver broadcast

Here is the log: https://www.mediafire.com/file/5gojdf3t51ytx2z/log_mondrian_V14.0.23.5.8.DEV.txt/file

The in/out calls issue with Poco F5 Pro (mondrian) could be related with Carrier side (Telco Connection).
Then it's very important to provide some technical information like screen recorded (calling issue), country, carrier, volte/vowifi (on/off), 2/3/4/5g supported, Poco F5 Pro (Global) or Redmi K40 (CN), currently 4G or 5G SIM Card installed on device... and off course the FULL LOG FILE running Weekly/Stable by Xiaomi.EU rom.

The in/out calls issue with Poco F5 Pro (mondrian) could be related with Carrier side (Telco Connection).
Then it's very important to provide some technical information like screen recorded (calling issue), country, carrier, volte/vowifi (on/off), 2/3/4/5g supported, Poco F5 Pro (Global) or Redmi K40 (CN), currently 4G or 5G SIM Card installed on device... and off course the FULL LOG FILE running Weekly/Stable by Xiaomi.EU rom.
With VoWifi and VoLTE the Phone calls are working. When I created the logfiles I was in a 5g Network (SIM ist also 5g) from German Carrier 1&1 which uses Telefonica.
My Phone ist a POCO F5.
On the Screen appears the Message: Mobile network not available (translated)
I am currently running weekly 23.5.8

With VoWifi and VoLTE the Phone calls are working. When I created the logfiles I was in a 5g Network (SIM ist also 5g) from German Carrier 1&1 which uses Telefonica.
My Phone ist a POCO F5.
On the Screen appears the Message: Mobile network not available (translated)
I am currently running weekly 23.5.8
Thanks for your input. That's how 5G SA (NR Core) should work completing all calls over IP (VoNR/VoLTE/VoWiFi) network.
Let's awaiting for some inputs from no connection calls users now.

EDITED:
1) Just to be clear does your calls works or not when connected through 1&1? Which network are you connect in this case (2/3/4/5G)? Does VoLTE/VoWiFi also available?
2) Please annex same screenshots as mine Settings \ SIM cards & mobile networks \ ...
3) A full log file will be helpfully also.

Attachments

• IMG_20230522_153520.jpg
    IMG_20230522_153520.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_20230522_153433.jpg
    IMG_20230522_153433.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 258
  • Screenshot_2023-05-22-15-32-42-539_com.android.phone.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-22-15-32-42-539_com.android.phone.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
Thanks for your input. That's how 5G SA (NR Core) should work completing all calls over IP (VoNR/VoLTE/VoWiFi) network.
When I created the logs VoWiFi and VoLTE was turned off. Only 5G was enabled and calling wasn't possible. I've switched manually to LTE only but this doesn't Work either.
I think my Translation doesn't mean the same thing in german as in english. It's more Like "No Signal" in english. The same Message appears if I'm in a very old basement with thick walls where actually is no Signal.

If you need more logs, I can provide them :)

When I created the logs VoWiFi and VoLTE was turned off. Only 5G was enabled and calling wasn't possible. I've switched manually to LTE only but this doesn't Work either.
I think my Translation doesn't mean the same thing in german as in english. It's more Like "No Signal" in english. The same Message appears if I'm in a very old basement with thick walls where actually is no Signal.

If you need more logs, I can provide them :)
Edited ABOVE

EDITED:
1) Just to be clear does your calls works or not when connected through 1&1? Which network are you connect in this case (2/3/4/5G)? Does VoLTE/VoWiFi also available?
2) Please annex same screenshots as mine Settings \ SIM cards & mobile networks \ ...
3) A full log file will be helpfully also.
To your edits:
1) my calls doesn't work when connected to 1&1. I've tried with 5G only and 4G only. If I am using VoLTE and VoWiFi calls are working fine.
2) see attached files
3) I've already uploaded a log file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/5gojdf3t51ytx2z/log_mondrian_V14.0.23.5.8.DEV.txt/file

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 146
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 131
To your edits:
1) my calls doesn't work when connected to 1&1. I've tried with 5G only and 4G only. If I am using VoLTE and VoWiFi calls are working fine.
2) see attached files
3) I've already uploaded a log file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/5gojdf3t51ytx2z/log_mondrian_V14.0.23.5.8.DEV.txt/file
When 5G SA networks the VoNR/VoLTE/VoWiFi enabled is mandatory on device and also carrier line provisioned side.
The 5G SA networks can't handle calls through 2/3G legacy network platforms.
Please enable it in your both lines and test again.

EDITED: I didn't saw if SA networks are enabled in your partial screenshots.

When 5G SA networks the VoNR/VoLTE/VoWiFi enabled is mandatory on device and also carrier line provisioned side.
The 5G SA networks can't handle calls through 2/3G legacy network platforms.
Please enable it in your both lines and test again.

EDITED: I didn't saw if SA networks are enabled in your partial screenshots.
I know, but then it works at my home through VoWiFi. Unfortunately, I don't always have VoLTE available when I'm on the go, but the calls on my POCO F3 always worked via the normal mobile signal. In addition, I currently have 4G only activated.
The problem is that it is not standard in Germany to have good reception and that is why I am dependent on making calls without the Internet.

What do you mean with SA?

I know, but then it works at my home through VoWiFi. Unfortunately, I don't always have VoLTE available when I'm on the go, but the calls on my POCO F3 always worked via the normal mobile signal. In addition, I currently have 4G only activated.
The problem is that it is not standard in Germany to have good reception and that is why I am dependent on making calls without the Internet.

What do you mean with SA?
The 5G rollout are complicated globally. Carriers must migrate legacy frequencies and platforms to networks 5G SA Core that won't handle with backward 2G and 3G calls.
Then you must enable all calls over IP (VoNR/VoLTE/VoWiFi) and your Carriers (roaming) must handle when this services are or aren't available to complete your calls.
It's necessary to configure it this way, test it and feedback (screen record and log files) if some issues still occurs.
You can check if 5G SA are enabled in the annex screenshot bellow.

NOTE: I'm also own a Poco F3 (alioth) and F5 Pro (mondrian) with 5G lines and SIM Cards. Awainting to unlock the new one and test it with .EU builds.

Attachments

• IMG_20230522_163729.jpg
    IMG_20230522_163729.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
The 5G rollout are complicated globally. Carriers must migrate legacy frequencies and platforms to networks 5G SA Core that won't handle with backward 2G and 3G calls.
Then you must enable all calls over IP (VoNR/VoLTE/VoWiFi) and your Carriers (roaming) must handle when this services are or aren't available to complete your calls.
It's necessary to configure it this way, test it and feedback (screen record and log files) if some issues still occurs.

NOTE: I'm also own a Poco F3 (alioth) and F5 Pro (mondrian) with 5G lines and SIM Cards. Awainting to unlock the new one and test it with .EU builds.
With VoLTE and VoWiFi it is working. But as I mentioned before, I'm not always able to use these services outdoor. And for VoNR I don't have the option.
On my POCO F3 I had these features disabled too, but the calls were working perfectly fine with 5G only enabled.

With VoLTE and VoWiFi it is working. But as I mentioned before, I'm not always able to use these services outdoor. And for VoNR I don't have the option.
On my POCO F3 I had these features disabled too, but the calls were working perfectly fine with 5G only enabled.
You may try to keep VoNR enabled also => Dial *#*#8667#*#*

Some others network settings:

*#*#726633#*#*
- 5G SA Network

*#*#34834#*#*
- Enable "Prefer 5G" into Prefered Network Type, if not available yet.

*#*#4636#*#* => MIUI
- Network Info SIM 1 and 2

*#*#86583#*#*
- VoLTE

*#*#869434#*#*
- VoWiFi

EDITED: The correct settings to test the mobile connectivity are:

1) Select "PREFER" 5G or 4G/LTE networks (annex)

2) Enable all 5G SA, VoLTE, VoWiFi, VoNR services (Dial Codes above)

3) Double check with your Carrier if all services in the 1 and 2 (above) are provisioned in your line and confirm if you have the correct SIM Card version for that.

Attachments

• IMG_20230522_203632.jpg
    IMG_20230522_203632.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
You may try to keep VoNR enabled also => Dial *#*#8667#*#*

Some others network settings:

*#*#726633#*#*
- 5G SA Network

*#*#34834#*#*
- Enable "Prefer 5G" into Prefered Network Type, if not available yet.

*#*#4636#*#* => MIUI
- Network Info SIM 1 and 2

*#*#86583#*#*
- VoLTE

*#*#869434#*#*
- VoWiFi

EDITED: The correct settings to test the mobile connectivity are:

1) Select "PREFER" 5G or 4G/LTE networks (annex)

2) Enable all 5G SA, VoLTE, VoWiFi, VoNR services (Dial Codes above)

3) Double check with your Carrier if all services in the 1 and 2 (above) are provisioned in your line and confirm if you have the correct SIM Card version for that.
Awaiting to unlock my Poco F5 Pro - mondrian and will test the calls with your recommended SIM Cards settings.

Tks, :)

Since you have the "Poco F3" ande the "Poco F5 Pro" may I ask if you recommend the upgrade?

Since you have the "Poco F3" ande the "Poco F5 Pro" may I ask if you recommend the upgrade?
Poco F5 Pro is a great new device but if you "already" own a Poco F3 or F4 I don't recommend the upgrade.
The whole user experience is almost the same.

• Love