New POCO F5 PRO call problems

Nice attempt at buttering me up. I'm not manipulated that easily into compliance.

Have you seen the number of devices we currently support? I have to remember plenty of specifics and special cases already, and I can't have all of that on my mind.
But you think your device is special. "Mr Lead Developer" is "Mr The Only Developer" right now.
Why don't you go complain to Xiaomi for making that nonsense to begin with? Harder to butter them up, right?
I'm don't intend to butter you up just was polite, respectful and grateful for your volunteer work as I always did. I'm confident that you know that it is impossible to push Xiaomi to fix a modem that didn't come pre-installed on my model and market region (Custom ROM).

It is the carrier that gives the information to Xiaomi, if your carrier is not present in China it will not work with a CN base.

It is the carrier that gives the information to Xiaomi, if your carrier is not present in China it will not work with a CN base.
That's not the case or even Xiaomi does it in many global markets (Carriers).
Don't forget that Stock MIUI - Stable (Global, EEA and Taiwan) by Xiaomi works flawless. The incompatibility is exclusively when Global Model has modem from CN build installed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jacometto
download fastboot ROM and use WinRAR to extract modem.img
Thanks for your prompt answer.
From which file should I extract it? Decompressed fastboot image files list by Xiaomi (annex)

Attachments

• mondrian_tw_global_images_V14.0.3.0.TMNTWXM_13.0.txt
    5.5 KB · Views: 139
Reactions: Birraque
The Redmi Note 11 had a similar issue where the Global and Chinese variants used different NFC hardware. This was fixed by seperating the Chinese and Global model with different roms, see:

This would probably work with the Poco F5 Pro and Redmi K60 as well, since apparently the modem is different.

The Redmi Note 11 had a similar issue where the Global and Chinese variants used different NFC hardware. This was fixed by seperating the Chinese and Global model with different roms, see:

This would probably work with the Poco F5 Pro and Redmi K60 as well, since apparently the modem is different.

@ingbrzy Would it be an option to make this possible, just like with the Redmi Note 11?
Or a TWRP flashable of the modem.zip so it can be used on the Poco F5 Pro.

As for now the K60 roms aren't compatible with the Poco F5 Pro.

It may become a bigger issue once more users purchase the device and reach their unlock waiting time to flash the Xiaomi.eu rom.

@ingbrzy Would it be an option to make this possible, just like with the Redmi Note 11?
Or a TWRP flashable of the modem.zip so it can be used on the Poco F5 Pro.

As for now the K60 roms aren't compatible with the Poco F5 Pro.

It may become a bigger issue once more users purchase the device and reach their unlock waiting time to flash the Xiaomi.eu rom.
The EU team already said that they had no way no make sure the modem would work over time. It seems to be a large amount of work (if even technically possible) for something that can randomly not provide the expected benefits.

Reactions: MeiGuddet
The EU team already said that they had no way no make sure the modem would work over time. It seems to be a large amount of work (if even technically possible) for something that can randomly not provide the expected benefits.
Two problems really:
1) Like you said, no way of making sure the modem would work in newer releases, especially Weeklies, as we don't own the device.
2) Both devices have the exact same codename "mondrian", there is no way of differentiating the Global model from the Chinese one using Fastboot.

Reactions: MeiGuddet and JiaiJ
Well since the modem is used in official Poco F5 Pro roms it seems pretty certain it will work.
It isn't that much work at all honestly.

They are now supplying a rom that is not functional as a phone for most phones with the code name Mondrian.

Two problems really:
1) Like you said, no way of making sure the modem would work in newer releases, especially Weeklies, as we don't own the device.
2) Both devices have the exact same codename "mondrian", there is no way of differentiating the Global model from the Chinese one using Fastboot.

Well but the user will know which rom to flash since they bought either a Poco or a Redmi device.
Now everyone with a Poco F5 Pro installs the Mondrian build but is left with a device that is no longer usable as a phone without flashing the global modem themselves.

Well since the modem is used in official Poco F5 Pro roms it seems pretty certain it will work.

They are now supplying a rom that is not functional as a phone for most phones with the code name .Mondrian.
Last year, the Mi 10T Pro camera worked in the shared Mi10T ROM until the compatibility for the drivers was broken by Xiaomi for like 6 months, and people had very colourful words for the EU team about something that was impossible to fix on their side.

I am careful about things that "seems pretty certain it will work".

But we have no plans of rebasing the ROM on Global ROM. Releasing double ROMs is not a solution, we already take up a lot of space, and this modem issue thing could become a pattern with newer devices.

Awesome, then do it.

They are now supplying a rom that is not functional as a phone for most phones with the code name Mondrian.
The arrogance. I would love to see the source of those wannabe-statistics. I wouldn't be surprised if our Redmi K60 userbase overshadows the just-barely-started POCO F5 Pro userbase.

Reactions: wolden and NOSS8
But we have no plans of rebasing the ROM on Global ROM. Releasing double ROMs is not a solution, we already take up a lot of space, and this modem issue thing could become a pattern with newer devices.

Awesome, then do it.

The arrogance. I would love to see the source of those wannabe-statistics. I wouldn't be surprised if our Redmi K60 userbase overshadows the just-barely-started POCO F5 Pro userbase.
I'm sorry you have to deal with these ungrateful people...
The ROMs you make are truly a masterpiece and we should respect you.

Do I need to extract sth. out of the NON-HLOS.bin file or is this file somehow flashable ? Can I copy it into the xiaomi.eu folder to flash it ?
Use this as guide, the modem is already extracted:

I didn't understand why my answer was deleted arguing that I had no right to do so because it was a free project, but I think we are not in a dictatorship.

I simply asked, whether or not there would be a "Normal" installation option in the future without having to do these subsequent modem installations, that's all....

And I mentioned that I had a Redmi Note 12 Pro Plus and that I sold it because I couldn't change it to xiaomi.eu and now this one doesn't work in the "normal" way either.

I didn't understand.

I didn't understand why my answer was deleted arguing that I had no right to do so because it was a free project, but I think we are not in a dictatorship.

I simply asked, whether or not there would be a "Normal" installation option in the future without having to do these subsequent modem installations, that's all....

And I mentioned that I had a Redmi Note 12 Pro Plus and that I sold it because I couldn't change it to xiaomi.eu and now this one doesn't work in the "normal" way either.

I didn't understand.
You are "asking" things that have been already answered.

Reactions: NOSS8
You are "asking" things that have been already answered.
I think it was a pertinent question, since I was the one who created the topic and then a bigger conversation unfolded... I've always used xiaomi.eu because I've always liked the ROM, and on all my 4 devices, at home , all have the xiaomi.eu ROM.

What I asked, and I know that someone has already asked, was whether there would be a version in the future without having to install "extra" things since there are several users in several groups complaining about the same problem.

I am very grateful for all the work that the Developers of this ROM have, honestly, I think it's a great job, it didn't cross my mind to criticize anything but to ask if they could pay more attention to this situation and find a permanent solution and not temporary.

Reactions: Dutchgio
I think it was a pertinent question, since I was the one who created the topic and then a bigger conversation unfolded... I've always used xiaomi.eu because I've always liked the ROM, and on all my 4 devices, at home , all have the xiaomi.eu ROM.

What I asked, and I know that someone has already asked, was whether there would be a version in the future without having to install "extra" things since there are several users in several groups complaining about the same problem.

I am very grateful for all the work that the Developers of this ROM have, honestly, I think it's a great job, it didn't cross my mind to criticize anything but to ask if they could pay more attention to this situation and find a permanent solution and not temporary.
They already said they can't guarantee the modem thingy will work in future versions, so they won't do it.
Is it really that hard to do it by yourself?
If you know how to unlock bootloader and install a custom ROM, you know how to do this...

They already said they can't guarantee the modem thingy will work in future versions, so they won't do it.
Is it really that hard to do it by yourself?
If you know how to unlock bootloader and install a custom ROM, you know how to do this...
The question is, if every time I update the ROM I have to do this process and lose all the information, then for me, it is not viable because I cannot always format the smartphone because of bank applications that every time I change my phone or format, I have to send a request to remove the previous device so I can install it again.

Now if you only need to do it once, and then only update when new ROMs come out, then there are no problems.