New POCO F5 PRO call problems

Hi @Igor Eisberg

I confirm that Poco F5 Pro (mondrian) - Global can't make or receive calls when Xiaomi.EU .Dev or Stable latest builds installed.
Even if VoLTE, VoWiFi, VoNR, 5G SA manually been enabled as mentioned above #43, with APN settled, both slots (SIM 1 & 2) can't handle radio connection 2/3/4/5G. The signal's icons keep swapping frequencies every 5 seconds in the status bar and device stays hottest. The Rueban (MTB) app doesn't detect any Sub0/1 MBN configuration.
Already tested with MIUI 14 Global, EEA and Taiwan by Xiaomi and all worked flawless.
None TWRP installed together through Fastboot .EU clean install. TWRP by SKKK 7.7 A13 already available but I didn't manually installed it.
After reboot with system already tested the Poco F5 Pro went in Fastboot mode and I couldn't recover to MIUI again. Anyway Mi Flashed to rollback the Stock MIUI by Xiaomi. Running stock now since .EU didn't works for me.
All Brazilian frequencies are already supported by default on mondrian. (annex)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-23-23-02-55-651_com.chrome.beta-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-23-23-02-55-651_com.chrome.beta-edit.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
Hi @Igor Eisberg

I confirm that Poco F5 Pro (mondrian) - Global can't make or receive calls when Xiaomi.EU .Dev or Stable latest builds installed.
Even if VoLTE, VoWiFi, VoNR, 5G SA manually been enabled as mentioned above #43, with APN settled, both slots (SIM 1 & 2) can't handle radio connection 2/3/4/5G. The line's icons keep swapping frequencies once a second in the status bar and device stays hottest. The Rueban (MTB) app doesn't detect any Sub0/1 MBN configuration.
Already tested with MIUI 14 Global, EEU and Taiwan by Xiaomi and all worked flawless.
None TWRP installed together through Fastboot .EU clean install. TWRP by SKKK 7.7 A13 already available but I didn't manually installed it.
After reboot with system already tested the Poco F5 Pro went in Fastboot mode and I couldn't recover to MIUI again. Anyway Mi Flashed to rollback again the Stock MIUI by Xiaomi. Running stock now since .EU didn't works.
All Brazilian frequencies are already supported by default on mondrian. (annex)
I also CONFIRM that Weekly and Stable by Xiaomi.EU didn't work for me. Same huge issue as yours.
My Poco F5 Pro were frying searching in looping to connect!
Please check it.

Reactions: Birraque
We don't plan on buying a POCO F5 Pro, so we can't check it.
I'm not suggesting that and as far I now the Log File was provided yesterday by @Jaeggrono
Once some new builds available my device is already unlocked now and I'll test it again. But the current one was frying my device and it were impossible to use the device... Nothing in the dialer works.
Thanks in advance for work and I'm confident that soon I will be running your rom on my mondrian.

Last edited:
I'm not suggesting that and as far I now the Log File was provided yesterday.
Once some new builds available my device is already unlocked now and I'll test it again. But the current one was frying my device and it were impossible to use the device... Nothing in the dialer works.
Maybe we'll figure something out from that 14MB log, some day.
Meanwhile you can try flashing the modem partition from the Global EEA ROM:
1) Download and unzip: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R3l25q87aLBF1P-Grpq-GXE9Lo_MjdP4/view
2) Open PowerShell or Command Prompt inside the extracted folder and use this command:
Code:
.\fastboot flash modem_ab modem.img
.\fastboot reboot

Maybe we'll figure something out from that 14MB log, some day.
Meanwhile you can try flashing the modem partition from the Global EEA ROM:
1) Download and unzip: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R3l25q87aLBF1P-Grpq-GXE9Lo_MjdP4/view
2) Open PowerShell or Command Prompt inside the extracted folder and use this command:
Code:
.\fastboot flash modem_ab modem.img
.\fastboot reboot
Thank you very much! I flashed it and now it's working fine. I've disabled VoWiFi, VoNR and VoLTE and I can make phone calls as normal.
Is it possible that you include the Global EEA modem partition in your weekly builds as standard?
And if you want to figure out if the original weekly modem partition is working, you can send it to me and I will test it and provide you logs.

Reactions: Jacometto
Thank you very much! I flashed it and now it's working fine. I've disabled VoWiFi, VoNR and VoLTE and I can make phone calls as normal.
Is it possible that you include the Global EEA modem partition in your weekly builds as standard?
And if you want to figure out if the original weekly modem partition is working, you can send it to me and I will test it and provide you logs.
We don't even touch the modem partition, so what comes with our ROMs is already stock China modem image.

Oh okay, but is it possible that you replace the Chinese stock modem image with global modem image before releasing the next weekly build?
1) There is no guarantee that a modem image from a Stable ROM (older) will remain compatible with China DEV firmware (newer).
2) You're ignoring the fact that the ROM is primarily meant for Redmi K60. There is no predicting how that modem image will affect it. Temporarily solving this for one device while breaking the other is not a solution.

Reactions: Jaeggrono
1) There is no guarantee that a modem image from a Stable ROM (older) will remain compatible with China DEV firmware (newer).
2) You're ignoring the fact that the ROM is primarily meant for Redmi K60. There is no predicting how that modem image will affect it. Temporarily solving this for one device while breaking the other is not a solution.
I understand, but do you intend to test the next .Dev with the EEA modem?

Not for me to decide whether we should experiment on Redmi K60 users.
Is it possible that you provide an "own ROM" for the Poco F5 Pro where everything is like the Redmi K60 but with the global Modem?
This will be way easier for all Poco F5 owners to flash the image where everything works as expected.

Not for me to decide whether we should experiment on Redmi K60 users.
Then Poco F5 Pro (mondrian) - Global Version won't receive future Weekly or Stable updates from Xiaomi.EU even with Snapdragon?
Do you have any temporary workaround or plan to path it?
Thanks in advance for your already great work and commitment.

Is it possible that you provide an "own ROM" for the Poco F5 Pro where everything is like the Redmi K60 but with the global Modem?
This will be way easier for all Poco F5 owners to flash the image where everything works as expected.
In case you missed it:
We have literally no way of guaranteeing it. It could break anytime.

Guys, the workaround is:
Step 1.- flash the weekly k60 build.
Step 2.- flash the GLOBAL or EEA firmware.
Step 3.- profit.

Guys, the workaround is:
Step 1.- flash the weekly k60 build.
Step 2.- flash the GLOBAL or EEA firmware.
Step 3.- profit.
Definitely it's the manual workaround there I can handle but not every user has technical skills to do it after every update. Then until now Poco F5 Pro (Global) isn't officially supported by .EU builds.

NOTE: Step 2 - Flash EEA "Modem"

Reactions: Birraque
Definitely it's the manual workaround there I can handle but not every user has technical skills to do it after every update. Then until now Poco F5 Pro (Global) isn't officially supported by .EU builds.

NOTE: Step 2 - Flash EEA "Modem"
or you can just swap the modem file from the firmware into the eu build before flashing it and you can save like 4 clicks with that.

In case you missed it:

We have literally no way of guaranteeing it. It could break anytime.
May I suppose that the modem image file will be updated from time to time by Xiaomi. How can I get the image of these directly from the original Xiaomi ROM? Where to swap it on Xiaomi.EU hybrid ROM to TWRP and Fastboot update?

May I suppose that the modem image file will be updated from time to time by Xiaomi.
It will.

How can I get the image of these directly from the original Xiaomi ROM? Where to swap it on Xiaomi.EU hybrid ROM to TWRP and Fastboot update?
With a payload .bin dumper. You swap it in the "images" folder in our ROM's ZIP.

It will.

With a payload .bin dumper. You swap it in the "images" folder in our ROM's ZIP.
Getting the modem image doesn't seem so easy for me anymore. Can you provide the modem image file for us owners of the mondrian's global when there is an update?
A step-by-step guide will be perfect so we can use .EU even it's not officially available. Does it possible?

It will.

I CONFIRM that now my Poco F5 Pro - Global (mondrian) works flawless with modem.img (EEA) provided #55 above.

That's how I workaround the previous #51 Reported Bug:

1) Stock Stable Global by Xiaomi already installed
2) Swaped modem.img in the xiaomi.eu_multi_MONDRIAN_V14.0.23.5.15.DEV_v14-13.zip (annex)
3) Installed twrp => [BOOT]3.7.0_12-RedmiK60_v7.7_A13-mondrian-skk_1b73488a
4) Installed .Dev by Xiaomi (from step 2 above) through twrp
5) Reboot into Sytem and then Factory Reseted the device, Done

Note: The critical part is to get de the always updated modem image from Stock MIUI EEA. I would like to count with you to provide it to us as already suggested by @Jacometto

Attachments

• 2023-05-26.png
    2023-05-26.png
    275.6 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_20230526_041445.jpg
    IMG_20230526_041445.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_20230526_041352.jpg
    IMG_20230526_041352.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 270
  • 1685080483413.jpg
    1685080483413.jpg
    578.8 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
Well, don't see why I would want to accept that responsibility.
I imagine that's a simple and quick task for the Lead Developer to do it. The Stable by Xiaomi version from which the "modem.img" is extracted updates once a month or less then isn't an intensive task. But if you have the kindness and community spirit to explain to a newbie like me "How to..." I can do it and share it with other users like me who need some assistance.

I imagine that's a simple and quick task for the Lead Developer to do it.
Nice attempt at buttering me up. I'm not manipulated that easily into compliance.

The Stable by Xiaomi version from which the "modem.img" is extracted updates once a month or less then isn't an intensive task. But if you have the kindness and community spirit to explain to a newbie like me "How to..." I can do it and share it with other users like me who need some assistance.
Have you seen the number of devices we currently support? I have to remember plenty of specifics and special cases already, and I can't have all of that on my mind.
But you think your device is special. "Mr Lead Developer" is "Mr The Only Developer" right now.
Why don't you go complain to Xiaomi for making that nonsense to begin with? Harder to butter them up, right?

Reactions: wolden