New POCO F5 PRO call problems

As discussed I've created a TWPR flashable .zip that installs the EEA modem.

The modem file is taken from here:

This .zip can be used to flash after Xiaomi.eu releases for the Redmi K60 since the Poco F5 Pro utilizes different modem hardware which otherwise makes calls unavailable.

The file can be downloaded from one of these links:

Instruction is to flash this after flashing the Xiaomi.eu rom to install the EEA modem file and be able to make calls on the Poco F5 Pro.

would this global modem.img file?

I downloaded the global ROM to extract from there, but I didn't find the file

Everything what you need is posted here in the thread.

Extract the modem.img of the global or european firmware here.
I downloaded the global version on this site, but when I unzipped it I couldn't find the file, how would the unzipping process be?

Attachments

• Captura de tela 2023-08-10 154715.png
    Captura de tela 2023-08-10 154715.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 144
As discussed I've created a TWPR flashable .zip that installs the EEA modem.

The modem file is taken from here:

This .zip can be used to flash after Xiaomi.eu releases for the Redmi K60 since the Poco F5 Pro utilizes different modem hardware which otherwise makes calls unavailable.

The file can be downloaded from one of these links:

Instruction is to flash this after flashing the Xiaomi.eu rom to install the EEA modem file and be able to make calls on the Poco F5 Pro.
I'm from Brazil and recently got a Poco F5 Pro. I installed the .eu ROM and was having trouble using the second SIM Card. But after updating the modem made available here by our colleague (based on the EEA Global ROM) everything worked normally again. Thanks.

Im really curious how we shall proceed when the next weekly gets released with A14. Im not sure if the modem from an a13 stable rom will work then. Lets see.

@JeffSantP You need to download the FIRMWARE not the the entire Rom.
I have the latest EU.rom. I downloaded and flashed the firmware files (for modem.img) from recovery.... 2 SIM cards in the phone. First SIM is for talking, second SIM is with unlimited internet. The first SIM "disapear sometimes", with an "X" symbol..... :-(

Im really curious how we shall proceed when the next weekly gets released with A14. Im not sure if the modem from an a13 stable rom will work then. Lets see.
I think it will be fine, in general Android updates won't change that part and will have to work with the supplied modem.

I have the latest EU.rom. I downloaded and flashed the firmware files (for modem.img) from recovery.... 2 SIM cards in the phone. First SIM is for talking, second SIM is with unlimited internet. The first SIM "disapear sometimes", with an "X" symbol..... :-(
I dont know what you have done exactly but Im doing this since weeks and it works without problems for me.

Hi Guys, Im from PH sorry for my bad english. Anyway, before i flash EU Rom i can easily get 5g and now i just flashed xiaomi.eu stable all works and its good its my new experience i can get calls, messages etc. but my only problem is that I have 5G in my settings but cant get the literal 5G just 4G+ is the max, already tried the guides Flashing modem.img either from EEA or Global but none of them works any solution for this? Getting 5G is my only problem Please help.

PS: it also seems like my battery draining so fast any solution? in stable rom battery drains 100 - 97% overnight but in eu rom 100 - 90%

Attachments

• 393512784_3577095899232698_754156844930423491_n.jpg
    393512784_3577095899232698_754156844930423491_n.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 393849585_284755341186837_4401971827143131312_n.jpg
    393849585_284755341186837_4401971827143131312_n.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
- ¿They recommend updating to the xiaomi.eu_multi_MONDRIAN_V14.0.28.0.TMNCNXM_v14-13.zip version?

- ¿we have to keep using the global img before updating?

i have poco F5pro

- ¿They recommend updating to the xiaomi.eu_multi_MONDRIAN_V14.0.28.0.TMNCNXM_v14-13.zip version?

i have poco F5pro
You can try if it works without using the global modem.
If it doesn't work flash the global modem.

i have poco F5pro
You have to flash the global modem or you will not be able to make calls, I installed the rom yesterday and I confirm it 100%.

With a payload .bin dumper. You swap it in the "images" folder in our ROM's ZIP.
Thanks.
I took from sourceforge these two: payload_dumper-win64 and payload-dumper-go_1.2.2_windows_amd64 because I don't know how relialble they are.
Extracted modem.img from stock Global EU ROM miui_MONDRIANEEAGlobal_V14.0.7.0.TMNEUXM_aa1e89787c_13.0. Both modem.img size (282.316.800 Bytes) (282.316.800 Bytes) are identical, file binary comparison too, so it should be fine to flash or put in .xiaomi_eu.zip after the unlock is done. The .img provided here is smaller.

Your Play Store still certified? With Global EU modem, my F5P is not.
To me it also appeared as not certified at first but after two or three days I can't remember exactly it appeared as certified, even now that I've rooted it, it's still certified so give it a couple of days ;)

Reactions: wolden
To me it also appeared as not certified at first but after two or three days I can't remember exactly it appeared as certified, even now that I've rooted it, it's still certified so give it a couple of days ;)
Still not certified, although my f5p received the recent Play Store update. No root. So, which apps should one not disable, or is Xiaomi Account login or Xiaomi Cloud mandatory?

edit: The funny thing is I could set up Google Wallet/GPay with a credit card and Paypal, too. WVL1 exists, Safetynet basic ok, CTS profile failed, HDCP 2.3 ok.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-31-15-22-09-957_com.android.vending.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-31-15-22-09-957_com.android.vending.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_2023-10-31-15-23-21-619_com.android.vending.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-31-15-23-21-619_com.android.vending.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Follow the illustration (picture is illustrative). Replace the persist.img file with the modem.img file and install it in the "Modem" partition.

Attachments

• insttal persist.png
    insttal persist.png
    456.7 KB · Views: 131
Still not certified, although my f5p received the recent Play Store update. No root. So, which apps should one not disable, or is Xiaomi Account login or Xiaomi Cloud mandatory?

edit: The funny thing is I could set up Google Wallet/GPay with a credit card and Paypal, too. WVL1 exists, Safetynet basic ok, CTS profile failed, HDCP 2.3 ok.
The reason it is not certified is because it does not pass SafetyNet. The most feasible solution would be to root the device and install Magisk, activate Zygisk, and then install the module "Universal SafetyNet Fix"
In any case, it is strange to say the least o_O

Edit:
I forgot to mention that if you root the device, you will have to use the “Magisk hide” option in the Magisk settings for your bank apps. This is just in case they are blocked from accessing them because the device is rooted.
Personally, I use Magisk Delta (Canary) and no problems so far.

Last edited:
@somiol
Thanks. But:
I wanted to avoid root, as it causes issues when updating. And I think I need to format/wipe data inside TWRP, before flashing Magisk and modules? ATM I don't like to reinstall and configure all that apps again.

@somiol
Thanks. But:
I wanted to avoid root, as it causes issues when updating. And I think I need to format/wipe data inside TWRP, before flashing Magisk and modules? ATM I don't like to reinstall and configure all that apps again.
I understand, don’t worry about having to do any kind of wipe because installing magisk doesn’t require it. The only time you need to wipe is when you unlock the bootloader. The method I used was the “file patch” one since the last time I tried the “recommended” option, it bootlooped my old Mi9T. So I avoided it completely this time, maybe it works on this device, but I don’t know haven’t tested it.
To root, you have to install the magisk apk and open it. Then choose the “install” option and select “file patch”. Next, you have to select the file “boot.img”. This file is in the rom you have installed, which is the .zip file that contains the operating system. After patching the image, it will be saved in the downloads folder. Then you have to flash it using Fastboot or TWRP and you are done.

These are the commands you need to enter for the fastboot method:

fastboot flash boot replace_with_filename.img
fastboot reboot

For TWRP you will have to go to "install", and in the bottom right corner select "install image", find and select the image and make sure to install it in the "boot".

Last edited:
Good morning, I was seeing that there are problems with the MODEM, can someone with a good heart and patience tell me how I should install the MODEM file? Sorry, I'm a NEWBOY at this. Sorry for my English, I use a translator.
Just flash the linked modem flashable zip in TWRP to fix it