New POCO F5 PRO call problems

The question is, if every time I update the ROM I have to do this process and lose all the information, then for me, it is not viable because I cannot always format the smartphone because of bank applications that every time I change my phone or format, I have to send a request to remove the previous device so I can install it again.

Now if you only need to do it once, and then only update when new ROMs come out, then there are no problems.
Well, that does sound like a hassle...
But I imagine if you are upgrading from EU ROM already patched with the EEA modem, you can, when an update is released, patch the updated ROM and update without data format? That should be possible by logic, since the modem is from the same region.

However, I don't know if this works and it would be best for a developer to confirm it.

The question is, if every time I update the ROM I have to do this process and lose all the information ...
No one said that you have to do it... easiest way is extracting the ZIP, replacing modem.img in "images" folder and the running the normal update flashing script.

No one said that you have to do it... easiest way is extracting the ZIP, replacing modem.img in "images" folder and the running the normal update flashing script.
OK. so I will always have to download the ROM to the computer (and not update via OTA when available), change the "modem.img" and run the update via fastboot so that I don't lose any information... If so, really, it doesn't take much work.

OK. so I will always have to download the ROM to the computer (and not update via OTA when available), change the "modem.img" and run the update via fastboot so that I don't lose any information... If so, really, it doesn't take much work.
No you don't, you can download update ROM to your phone, download the updated modem.img, replace it in file manager and press "select update file" in the OTA updater. It is a bit of a process but no PC required.

No you don't, you can download update ROM to your phone, download the updated modem.img, replace it in file manager and press "select update file" in the OTA updater. It is a bit of a process but no PC required.
Btw you need a custom recovery for this (or OTA in general).

Should I make a "fixed" build for every stable release ?
Make the modification and upload somewhere ?

Sounds like a extraordinary idea.
That's how a unknown unofficial.EU build where nobody knows what's come inside begins.
Sounds ultra safe for me!
Congrats,
Well that's the same for every custom ROM then
But anyway it was just a suggestion, either people trust or not
I already made roms in the past + was recognized contributor on Xda if it can make people more safe

Reactions: Eclipse1991
I think just a flashable zip to be manually flashed after a rom update that installs the modem will be fine.

Then you can download the rom itself from xiaomi.eu.
Probably safer too since there's less space to hide anything unsafe.

I used to be a recognized developer too so can help with it if you need.

I don't understand. I download the .eu dev ROM, download the global ROM and take out the modem. Should I unzip the .eu and replace the modem with the global one and flash it with fastboot or twrp? Thank you

I don't understand. I download the .eu dev ROM, download the global ROM and take out the modem. Should I unzip the .eu and replace the modem with the global one and flash it with fastboot or twrp? Thank you
Yes.
Just the global modem file is also shared in this thread, saves the hassle of downloading the full global rom.

Sí.
Solo el archivo de módem global también se comparte en este hilo, ahorra la molestia de descargar la rom global completa.

Do I have to flash it by cmd commands in fastboot mode or if I do it by twrp it gets bricked?

I think just a flashable zip to be manually flashed after a rom update that installs the modem will be fine.

Then you can download the rom itself from xiaomi.eu.
Probably safer too since there's less space to hide anything unsafe.

I used to be a recognized developer too so can help with it if you need.

As discussed I've created a TWPR flashable .zip that installs the EEA modem.

The modem file is taken from here:

This .zip can be used to flash after Xiaomi.eu releases for the Redmi K60 since the Poco F5 Pro utilizes different modem hardware which otherwise makes calls unavailable.

The file can be downloaded from one of these links:

Instruction is to flash this after flashing the Xiaomi.eu rom to install the EEA modem file and be able to make calls on the Poco F5 Pro.

My only doubt. In all the updates that will come out, can we always use the same "EEA modem" file from the global version, or do we have to remove the "EEA modem" from the last released version?

My only doubt. In all the updates that will come out, can we always use the same "EEA modem" file from the global version, or do we have to remove the "EEA modem" from the last released version?
For now we can I guess.

Minor weekly upgrades won't directly affect and break the modem.

Maybe when a newer Android version is released, although that usually shouldn't touch the modem part either.

Reactions: PeaceOne
On latest EU beta and having multiple call issues, no network, then I do, then I don't, 2 sims both on same network, no network on one, getting notification for voicemail every few seconds, because signal goes that fast, try to call voicemail, not supported. Frustrating that the basics of a phone are so messed up, will try the modem fix otherwise will be going back to stock, or back to the F3

On latest EU beta and having multiple call issues, no network, then I do, then I don't, 2 sims both on same network, no network on one, getting notification for voicemail every few seconds, because signal goes that fast, try to call voicemail, not supported. Frustrating that the basics of a phone are so messed up, will try the modem fix otherwise will be going back to stock, or back to the F3
This is not new, just flash the modem.img from the global rom and youll be fine.

I have a problem with my POCO F5 Pro cant answer calls using bluetooth earphone(xiaomi redmi buds 4 active). Can someone help me how to fix it? Anyway im on the latest weekly rom(mondrian). Thank you