Port to Nook Color

Jan 24, 2011
I know it sounds strange, but i have come to the point of there being a couple of ROM's on my phone i can't live without. MIUI being one of them. Well i've got myself a nook now and the first night out of the box there was no stock software left on it :p.

However now i find myself saddened at missing my MIUI fix. I'm not a Dev (yet.... working on learning). But damn it if I'm not stubborn enough to try to see this thing through. I'm gonna try this, but i am asking for some help or pointers. I have never ported anything, just worked on some fixes and such so I'm in that "leaning curve" area at the moment.

Anybody interested in lending a hand, or even pointing me in the right direction to get this ball rolling properly?

Obsidian

Ill be the first up to beta test again!

-miyamot0

Sent from my HTC Incredible using the miui-dev.com Forums App

I got my nook this morning :) God bless b&n shipping from NJ to NYC.

Rooting it now.. once I get a handle on the image process the fun will begin!

Recommendation for ya nix i have a file you'll want once your rooted. It will give you CWM 3.0.0.9 and fix for a well known problem booting into recovery. The CWM version allows for both ext4 and ext3 partitions. If you simply flash from rom manager, it currently doesn't install the correct kernel image for the recovery and won't allow installs using ext4 which if your looking on XDA you'll find that at least one or two of the options currently available need ext4 support.

Edit: File is too large to put as an attachment. Let me know if you want it and we can figure that out.

Recommendation for ya nix i have a file you'll want once your rooted. It will give you CWM 3.0.0.9 and fix for a well known problem booting into recovery. The CWM version allows for both ext4 and ext3 partitions. If you simply flash from rom manager, it currently doesn't install the correct kernel image for the recovery and won't allow installs using ext4 which if your looking on XDA you'll find that at least one or two of the options currently available need ext4 support.

Edit: File is too large to put as an attachment. Let me know if you want it and we can figure that out.

I got CWM 3.0.1.0 installed with the proper kernel and loaded CM7 on it lastnight. It's running pretty sweet. I'll probably have some time this weekend to mess around and try to get MIUI booted on it. My first attempt at an SD image failed miserably but I think an eMMC version might have better luck.

Sounds awesome!!! I prefer emmc anyway. I have a restore SD so I wipe and load with no worries. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

I am willing to lead a hand I currently have CWM 3.0.1.0 running, tried cyanogen mod nightly but ran back to nookie froyo. I would like to to help in this port as well, I loved MIUI on my nexus one.

thanks for working on this! I am a huge fan of MIUI. it is amazing on my Evo and I feel like it makes an excellent tablet OS.

I have to admit that I have only been using MIUI on my Evo 4G for about 3 days... but in that time I have really started to like it quite a bit!

Also being the owner of a Nook Color I would love to see a stable version of MIUI for it. Especially if the buttons that the Nook is missing could be integrated into the OS.

Oh daddy. I hope this gets some movement. Cm7 on my incredible got wiped for MIUI ... it'll happen to my nook too if this becomes stable

I'm so jealous right right now. I have an Archos 101 and I can't seem to find anyone interested in porting MIUI to it. I find myself missing it every time I use it. Nothing compares to MIUI.

Can't wait. Wish I could do this stuff, I would help out. I'll be watching

Sent from my Droid using the miui-dev.com Forums App

I agree!

I am also a Nook Color and Evo owner. Miui on Nook Color would be perfect. I am a big fan of miui. Thanks

i literally check this thread like 205232520908.83432(x) times a day where x=1934288975. please somebody post some progress! I will be eternally grateful! i am half tempted to put my Evo and Nook in the blender and hope I can pour out a hybrid of the two.

I want MIUI for my NC too!

I probably wouldn't be much help on the dev end but I am willing to beta test. I am running cm7 on my nook color but would much rather have miui. I'll keep checking back!!

Any movement on this? I was thinking about pulling the trigger on a NC this week, depending on the arrival of my tax refund :D

I also hope this port happens soon. I'm trying to learn how to port miui myself so I might aid some miui projects since it is the greatest rom out there! I think miui should come default on all androids since it is so polished!

Is anyone still working on this? I know there was some fallout with with n_i_x which is a shame since he did a lot of good work. If anyone has any suggestions, I don't mind trying to help out in any way.

I'm interested too; but in the meantime you should take a look at Phiremod, it's emmc version is superior to everything out there. Also should apply the Honeycomb status bar pack thats on his page.

I would love MIUI on my NC, but phiremod will hold me over for if/when it's started.

http://phiremod.wordpress.com/