Post your battery life stats here! See who gets the best battery life.

This thread is not about Roms, its about battery stats, please keep it that way, and please keep it organized, give all details available (like in the OP). This way people do not need to ask 3 questions before having all the info they want.

Reactions: dextructor
This thread is not about Roms, its about battery stats, please keep it that way, and please keep it organized, give all details available (like in the OP). This way people do not need to ask 3 questions before having all the info they want.

I beg your pardon? I didn't realize you were the lord and ruler of internet threads. How pretentious of you to think you can tell people how to post.

It was my intention to provide useful information to those who were curious what kind of battery life our phones were capable of producing and it's common for someone to be interested in what rom was able to achieve that kind of battery life, so for you to make demands on what can or can't be posted is pretty ridiculous, especially considering the topic.

Reactions: MSephiroth
Screenshot_2013-11-25-10-29-57.png
Got 5 hours 37min with the regular 2000mAh battery on WiUi with brightness set low with data on for the first half, and WiFi on for the second. In my books this is insane battery life. Just popped in the 3100mAh unit now, lets see what this baby does.

Edit: 5:37 screen on. I've attached a screen on another post but here it is again to make you guys feel jealous.

Last edited:
Wow Yash , you've got great battery life. I m watching tempted to try out WIUI now.
Data was 2G or 3G ?

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Wow Yash , you've got great battery life. I m watching tempted to try out WIUI now.
Data was 2G or 3G ?

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk
Data was 2G. Also, I think that was because of the extensive use; I'm able to reach 5 hours of screen on an average though.

Now trying out the 3100mAh unit.

My settings :)
gpu 200mhz
Cpu 1.5ghz
Governor tweaks andato other tweaks
Deadline i/o
Interactive
Deep sleep battery saver
Automatico brightness
Standard 2000mah battery
Lastest WIUI rom
Like my ex nexus 4 with franko kernel :)

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386130005683.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386130005683.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 302
  • uploadfromtaptalk1386130023383.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386130023383.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 334
Reactions: RobinHood00
This thread is becoming useful, good to compare, right now I finally have a rom which is good enough for me to use as a daily driver.
I'm using Moonlight CM10.1 rom, I stripped the Chinese apps and added the English variants to the rom, also added Google 4.2.2 keyboard with multilanguage support, you can download it HERE on my google drive. Only bug is the 3 seconds audio bug which stops recording audio after 3 seconds when recording a video/audio. But I never shoot any videos :)

So.
Model: Mi2S 32GB
Connections being used: wifi (all the time), 3g(some time), 2g (all the time), data on
Screen on time: 2h35m
Power mode: Normal, no underclock or something like that.
Hours on charge: 1d11h, charge left: 40% (I'm gonna charge it again for tomorrow).

If you do the math, it would mean I would get another 24 hours out of the phone. So 2d11h with about 4-5 hours of screen on time.

Screenshots:
Screenshot_2013-12-15-22-03-49.png
Screenshot_2013-12-15-22-03-42.png

Last edited:
Reactions: phani and Seamless
I think @M1cha can provide a fix for 3 sec audio bug as a zip, Can you please do it @M1cha ?

I believe this has a different kernel then M1cha's, for as far as I know this is based on Xiaomi's source, M1cha's projects are based on the open source kernel (Xiaomi's open source kernel?).
I guess it was that simple then these two should have just worked together on building a 100% working CM build. But this has not happened, so I think there is more to it.

As for me, this will do perfectly fine, I mean camera is working, just no audio recording. And if the rumors are true we have KitKat within 2-3 months so I guess I will wait for that. In the meantime, tonight I will set up my own Android building environment :D (I have a macbook air but I run windows, so I'm depending on my girlfriend to make a bootable Mavericks usb so I can do a dualboot to start learning android development:))

I just needed an AOSP based rom with good battery life and QUICKSETTINGS from 4.2 ^^

U can compile android on Mac too but it will take very long because air's hardware isn't as good

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

U can compile android on Mac too but it will take very long because air's hardware isn't as good

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

Can you please compile a kernel from Xiaomi posted source and give it as a zip, with 3 sec audio bug solved, if thats the prob of kernel, or else can you look into the problem, Actually grondim thought he had an idea about 3 sec audio bug, but he's no more active on forum

@RobinHood00 : You can try 2 roms based on CM 10.1, one pure CM 10.1 built by cofface which doesn't have any bug
Latest updated till Sep 9th
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=2700964898&uk=573817736

One is Mokee Os latest updated till Oct 6th
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1wxfyT

Both doesn't have battery drain problem, Actually I forgot about these roms, while i was thinking something else i got this in my mind and began to search, finally found the link

Please leave your feedback if you use any of these, on moonlight's rom you can dirty flash Cofface CM 10.1, because his rom is based on cofface one

Note : Both these roms have zero bugs

Reactions: giannis46
Hey, for as far as I read until now it's impossible to work in Windows, or at least on android.com and XDA university they do not support Windows, so I need to choose between linux and OSX, but I do not know how to dual boot windows 8 and linux on my air. Thats why I think I'd go for OSX, what would you recommend then?

@phani : I will make a backup and try these roms then. First I will read some more about them.

Now running on cofface 10.1 flashed over moonlight rom, working camera :D and very good battery life :)

Last edited:
Battery life of mokee os rc 4.. Not so good for me… now testing rc6

EDIT: finally i found a solution to downclock all 4 cpu cores to 1ghz!! USERSPACE governor!!
Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387334888175.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387334888175.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 296
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387334898731.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387334898731.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
EDIT: finally i found a solution to downclock all 4 cpu cores to 1ghz!! USERSPACE governor!!

I would love to see those stats :D and maybe an even more clear explanation of the workings of your tweak and the consequences :) I'm curious!

Also makes me wonder how I get 3 times as much battery life out of my phone while having one hour more of screen on time... What have you been doing with your phone? It's basicly the same rom.

Edit:
Ok, so here is my final battery test with the MK42.2-RC5DEBLOAT rom.
Using:
2000mah battery
Xiaomi M2S 32GB
Wifi +2g +3g(sometimes) + 4 hours of music listening
4 hours of screen on time
MK422RC5DEBLOAT.png

This is satisfieing to me, all though I do not understand why it says my screen and wifi were on all night long..

Last edited:
Mokeeos rc6, 50% battery (I have to recarge it for a trip)..userspace governor give results..
edebu6u9.jpg

a2uquruq.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387569063104.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387569063104.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 252
WIUI 3.2.13

Power Use:
16h uptime
4h 51m screen on time
~2h 30m music/videos(youtube through browser)
45m voice calls
30m surfing
1h 15m gaming

Power saving profile, CPU set at MAX 1242MHz, GPU 200MHz.
Governor: powersave

This is more than amazing for stock 2000mah battery.

Credits @Wajk for his awesome work with WIUI and his MODS and
@paulrlz for his suggestion about powesave governor. It takes 1-2 seconds to scale CPU to the exact clock needed. So microlags, using an app dissapears, after a while (though I think that No Frills didn't set up correctly the max frequency to 1242 as you can see in screenshots below)

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/wo7dktpo04pohzn/E6v8z_nkCh

You have to use userspace to set up the max freq you want for all 4 cores..btw, nice battery stats, wiui is the best in battery life

how can you guys be so cool?I use miui-3.12.20 from miuiandroid.com and a new 3100 mah battery,settings are in balanced mode,mobile data always on with 3G preffered,use wifi rarely if I get lucky because in my country there's no free wifi,and it's quite hard to get a stable 3G signal..I play games a lot,some of them are online games like clash of clans,shadowgun,dead trigger 2 which need an internet connection to play,sometimes chat with my friends using whatsapp,bbm,wechat,line etc..
with that usage of the phone I can only get 12 h battery life 1-2% left,with normal 2000 mah battery I can only get 6-8 h battery life...I just wondering if it's normal with all the settings and usage of the phone like me?
I want to try other roms but I guess it's not helping much,I have a thought that the rom is not the problem why I only get 12 h battery life with 3100 mah battery,the problem is unstable 3G connection in my country..am I right?

@kerplunk
I think it could well be the combination of 3G stability and heavy usage, try WIUI, that might help you :) Other roms probably won't help that much.

Battery life seems to be different for me every day right now.. So I'm testing roms for a longer time then just 2 days now

@kerplunk
I think it could well be the combination of 3G stability and heavy usage, try WIUI, that might help you :) Other roms probably won't help that much.

Battery life seems to be different for me every day right now.. So I'm testing roms for a longer time then just 2 days now
I guess so..I just can't live without games and internet :D
I want to try wiui but I heard that wiui have tweaks that underclock the proccessor to the default 1,2 Ghz or something to increase battery life,so it might cause lag in some of games,is that true?I'd like to keep my phone at 1,7 Ghz actually,maybe I'll try it later..
Sorry dude,I know this is not about rom discussion but I'll very appreciated if you can answer my question about wiui's cpu clock..